Please confirm: Ipod Touch 4G HDMI
hi all,

I already have built a HTPC (with xbmc) and a file server for my home theater (with projector) set up that I'm very happy with. I'm now moving to the next project, that is, using Ipod Touch 4G as a media player for a 42" Plasma (720p) to occasionally play video/youtube. I don't want to dedicate a full PC for this purpose, hence my questions:

1) a quick search on this forum suggested that xbmc should work with Ipod Touch 4G, can anyone please confirm.

2) if the answer to 1) is true, will the HDMI converter available on apple's website transmit both video and audio?

3) can xbmc build for iOS read a samba share for video streaming (wireless, of course).

any clarification is very much appreciated,

ps. I'm aware of the fact that the ipod touch needs to be JB'ed.
I can't confirm the iPod Touch 4 but I think it should work given the specs of the iPhone 4 which works(I don't recommed it personally. It's touch to use, on the small screen)

Assuming it does work I can help with the other questions.
2. That adapter only allows for video play back in applications so it won't show all the menus of XBMC. You may need to get an app from Cydia called TV2Out Mirror. This app lets you show everything that shows on your iPod screen including the home screen. When I say everything I do mean everything.

3. Wireless support currently works with SMB. It was a little slow for me but once it started it was clear, crisp, and sounded great.

I hope this helps
XBMC for iOS doesn't seem to support any video out cables for iPhone/iPod/iPad. You can get it to work with a video mirror out jailbreak app, but this looks awful on a TV because the resolution won't be any greater than a non-retina display (we're still waiting on retina support, let alone 720 output). However, I suspect this is something that will come in time. The devs have a lot on their plate for iOS XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please confirm: Ipod Touch 4G HDMI0