[AppleTV2] Cannot connect to SMB
Hi,

I can't connect to my SMB shares on my Windows Home Server. I used to be able to connect with my XBox XBMC and my WDTV. I can also connect with my laptop.

When I manually type it into the sources it says "Connection refused" and when I try to browse for it I get "Error 2: share not available".

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Did you recently jailbreak with PwnageTool? If so, that is your problem. You will need to re-jailbreak with Seas0npass found here: http://seas0npass.com It's an untethered jailbreak and works similarly to PwnageTool where you create a custom .ipsw firmware file and then restore using iTunes.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Viz
Having same issues!! Trying to jb again using seas0npass...
I jailbroke my apple TV 2 with the latest pwnagetool 4.3.1 last night and I'm getting the same error. Do I need to re-jailbreak with seas0npass also?
captainbrew Wrote:I jailbroke my apple TV 2 with the latest pwnagetool 4.3.1 last night and I'm getting the same error. Do I need to re-jailbreak with seas0npass also?

Read above! Wink
johnviz Wrote:Did you recently jailbreak with PwnageTool? If so, that is your problem. You will need to re-jailbreak with Seas0npass found here: http://seas0npass.com It's an untethered jailbreak and works similarly to PwnageTool where you create a custom .ipsw firmware file and then restore using iTunes.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Viz

That seems like a pretty big fail for the PwnageTool. Everyone is getting this problem?
Not heard of anyone who has not...
Pie77 Wrote:That seems like a pretty big fail for the PwnageTool. Everyone is getting this problem?

Since pwnagetool was one of the better ways to jb 4.2.1 a lot of people were using/recommending it and that preference carried over into 4.3... right up until the audio and SMB issues.

We could use a sticky to prevent people from using pwnagetool with iOS 4.3, I'm guessing the questions will keep coming until pwnagetool gets fixed. The questions will keep coming, only diff will be they'll get told to download the latest version.
Using Seas0nPass worked for me, the SMB shares show up right away.

Thanks! Smile
i used pwnage tool to jb the appletv (last time was season pass) and got this error too, could work around it with IP address etc. Anyway re-Jailbreaked via seasonpass and everything is perfect again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Cannot connect to SMB0