Using MPC-HC for Audio only?
I want my audio to stream TrudHD and DTS-HD MA. I searched but can only find examples on how to make MPC-HC as the external video but none on the Audio. The don't understand the explanation on the WiKi page.

I do understand I have to use the playercorefactory.xml and where to put it but I just don't know what to put in for just the audio. Can someone help by giving me an example?

Thanks in advance.
Sad 
If you make it external player for video, it does both video and audio at that point.

You may still have to configure AC3 filter and FFDShow properly to get your bitstream audio via Optical or HDMI working correctly, like back in the day with DSPlayer Branch or WMC...I'm not positive on that though, MPC-HC might let you configure all of it from within it's GUI setup/external filters?

I don't think there is any way to make XBMC play the video but not the audio, then somehow Demux the audio and route it to an external player for processing..that would be crazy cool though!
Thanks for the quick reply. That's bad news for me.

Btw, I do have my MPC-HC configured properly. When I use it, it does display DTS-HD Master.

This is what I have set but it doesn't work - no errors.

The playercorefactory.xml is located on my c:\program files(86x)\xmbc\userdata\

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule audio="true" player="MPC-HC">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC">
<rule filetypes="mp4" player="MPC-HC">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Hrm...when you play the video outside of XBMC, just with MPC-HC by itself, do you get your bitstream audio out to your receiver properlyHuh
Correct. I'm using FFShow for the audio on the MPC-HC player.
Oh snap. I was wrong then, that's the issue hrm..

XBMC uses an internal build of FFMPEG..it must be preprocessing the movie first before passing the streams to MPC-HC, causing MPC-HC not to use its FFMPEG/settings...

I've actually wanted to figure out how to replace the internal FFMPEG build or config that XBMC uses...I wonder if we got the code from the GIT branch if we could hack it up and do a custom build? Gah I'm no good at that stuff however.

Edit: The reason I've wanted to play with the FFMPEG settings is due to video corruption issues when Fastforwarding/rewinding with DXVA2 enabled...doesn't happen in MPC-HC from outside of XBMC of course...not sure if it's doable...update this thread if you figure anything out!
hrm? Maybe a solution for you...?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96122
Quote:Originally Posted by Mrfingers View Post
Have you tried setting <hidexbmc> and <hideconsole> to true? Seems like I had this problem once and that fixed it, not sure tho?

Yes. I've had the same problem. I think it was <hidexbmc> that fixed it. I think the issue arises when XBMC is set for true full screen.
Kriosym Wrote:hrm? Maybe a solution for you...?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96122

Thanks for the link. I just tried it and it didn't work. Actually I don't know if any of the settings I'm doing is working. Btw the user indicates he had major sutter, I didn't have any stutter. I put my specs below just in case but I think my hardware should be fine.

Windows 7 64bit sp1
XBMC 10.1
CPU i7 2600k @ 4.2
Graphics card HD 6970
8GB Ram @ 1600
Audio Output - HDMI
Speaker Config - 7.1
Big Grin 
ROFL Nice media server! That's similar to my gaming machine!

My Media Server/DVR/CCTV/all around slumming machine I am on now is a much more tame Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2/1333, GTX280. Nerd

Hrm. I want to try MPC-HC again, it's been awhile since I messed with external players, and honestly I perfectly happy with the video performance in XBMC, and really as long as I get my 5.1 I could care less if the audio to my yahama receiver is slightly less than ideal....nevertheless there is that damned distortion on FF/RW issue...I'll give it a go and keep you updated here...
Lightbulb 
Regarding this...
b00st Wrote:...Actually I don't know if any of the settings I'm doing is working...

I just had a thought...the other day I was trying to get the keymap.xml file working and I couldn't...I also use Aeon...love that skin...but I wonder if there is something we're missing? Just for the hell of it, switch to a different skin then relaunch XBMC and try again...let me know...
Also we might want to research a bit here...this site is insane with knowledge...

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/

tons of guides like this one...

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/...pc-part-i/

gonna go to their forums if I run into issues with MPC-HC which I am sure too.
Kriosym Wrote:Also we might want to research a bit here...this site is insane with knowledge...

tons of guides like this one...

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/...pc-part-i/

gonna go to their forums if I run into issues with MPC-HC which I am sure too.

That's the article I used to get my MPC-HC to stream the TrueHD. If you attempt this, research if your card supports the format. I actually bought a GTX 570 but didn't support TrueHD bit streaming and so I swap it for the AMD card. I wish Nivida allows streaming of TrueHD because I like my 570 better.
Kriosym, Thanks for all your help yesterday. Turns out I was putting the xml in the wrong folder.

Also I'm glad you told me I couldn't use the XBMC for video and MPC-HC for audio... otherwise I would have wasted time searching for that workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using MPC-HC for Audio only?0