A few simple (?) questions
I lost a hard drive so I had to reinstall everything. I had XBMC set up well, but had to start over. I did something wrong and now it doesn't show anything when I enter the "videos" section. No menu, nothing. Just the backgorund and the menu border, but no options.

If I reset the XBMC settings, could that fix it? How do you do that (I've been searching for 30 minutes and can't find anything). I already tried a remove and purge with no success. Somehow, XBMC is keeping the settings between installations.

Also, I had it set to auto-start on boot, but forgot how I did that.
Also I had it set to show videos first when it loaded, but forgot how I did that too.
Oddly, I found it already. I hit the letter "c" and it brought back the video menu which allowed me to correct the issue with my media folder having moved. I still don't know how to reset settings, but this works too. Now I just have two other questions (above).
Ok, here I am serving to myself...

I figured out how to auto-load it by writing a shell script that runs it in a terminal

!#/bin/bash

xbmc

That wasn't too hard after all. Then I added that script to the auto-start in preferences.

I'll leave this here in case anyone else has this issue, but I guess I'm set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few simple (?) questions0