Atv2 & HDHomerun
I've gotten HDHomerun to work on my Mac with strm files, and I've uploaded a folder with the same strm files to my ATV2 -- I can find the folder when I go to add a video source--only it can't see the strms. It does see both of the tuners of the HDHM but once again it can't see a channel. I suspect I may have to reconfigure a source xml file but I'm lost. Can anyone help (with detailed info for this n00b)?
Don't bother.

The Apple TV 2 doesn't have hardware decoding for Mpeg2 video streams. This is what is output by the HDHomeRun. It simply takes the digital stream off your antenna or QAM cable and sends it to your PC, or in your case, your mac. I had purchased the ATV2 in hopes of using it with my SageTV installation but it can't play HD TV as broadcast here in the USA. It can play the standard def content which I record from my cable just not HD.

The ATV2 only has hardware decoding, right now, for H.264 video. The cpu just isn't powerful enough to decode anything above dvd quality video.

Since my main idea for the ATV2 was to view HDTV files from my HDHomeRun, it will be headed to Ebay soon.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 & HDHomerun0