Adjust 30fps NTSC => 25fps PAL-50
my tv supports neither ntsc, nor pal-60hz mode.

i can adjust 23.97 to 25 easily.

is there a way that xbmc can adjust the framerate from 30fps to 25fps, perhaps by missing out 1 frame for every 6 frames?

sorry if this sounds stupid.
and you think this would yield better results than the current situation?
may i ask why?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm sorry but i do not know what you are referring to.

i ask if this is possible so that i can watch ntsc dvds and video files encoded at 30 fps on a 50hz only television. running something in 30fps at 50hz results in a large amount of stuttering due to the framerate difference. if it could be adjusted to 25fps then this would not be a problem.
bump.
this is not a xbmc issue, this is just a crappy tv issue.
the only way to do this is to convert your movies from ntsc to pal, check google for guides.
but i don't recommend it since it's too much of a hassle. but if you do happen to find a quick and easy way to do it, pm me because my mom also has a crappy tv. Wink
i wasn't implying that it was an xbmc 'issue'. but it would be handy to be able to play ntsc in pal mode. i mean, multiregion dvd players can do this.
never heard of that before.
i'm pretty sure 'multiregion dvd player' just means that it can play dvd's from all the different regions (1,2,etc).
what i know for fact is that the regions have nothing to do with either ntsc or pal, those are both tv signals whilst the regions are intended to split the world in different sections for release dates and things like that.
im fully aware of how regions work. and i know that multiregion dvd players allow the playback of dvds from different regions. but i'm pretty sure that they also convert ntsc signals to pal mode for overall compatibility. i mean, who would want to dvds from another region if they can't watch them anyway.
i'm 95% sure that "multi-region" dvd players as in those that can play ntsc discs as well as pal discs simply output the resolution that is on the disc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok i found out that it requires 'expensive hardware' to perform, so i'll admit defeat.

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.19

'there are a few standards-converting pal players that convert from an ntsc disc to standard pal output for older pal tvs. proper "on the fly" standards conversion requires expensive hardware to handle scaling, temporal conversion, and object motion analysis.'

jmarshall you were right, but many players just play in pal-60, as opposed to playing it in ntsc.

would be a good feature, but i can see how it would never happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust 30fps NTSC => 25fps PAL-500