Movie Library keeps disappearing
For the second time in a few months, my library has disappeared for no reason that I can make sense of.

It will only show 14 movies in Library mode, when just this morning there were hundreds registered and available in Library mode. No amount of "scanning for new content" or "update library" will bring them back.

These files ARE available and play just fine in the Video menu, but the library appears to have simply crapped out and won't show them. My recent movies shows movies and allows me to select and play them, even though they are not movies that appear in the Movie Library.

It did this to me previously a few months ago and I ended up un-installing, deleting local files and re-installing. Re-building your libary sucks.

I did check local folders permissions and gave "Everyone" full access. I always run XBMC as administrator. What freaking gives!?!
Star 
It looks or sounds like something is arye, perhaps a drive letter/path change? Check the info of the movies that are showing... are the paths to the video solid? Any paths missing in your add-on folders?

Suggestion, use the export & import video library. At least when you build your library you can import it again if things go astray, I'd also suggest exporting as single files... that way the images and .nfo will be saved in each movie folder... so if you have to re-scrape, it's all local and can be done lickiddy split. I've updated umpteen times, and never lost the library, seems stable for me.
Luckily, last time this happened, I used Ember Media Manager to create the library content, so it won't be as bad to rebuild.

I just can't help thinking this has something to do with local file permissions though. My TV Shows are all there still, but it won't update with any new episodes either, which makes me think that XBMC doesn't have the permissions to commit changes to the database...

That still doesn't explain why my whole movie library just wipes itself out for no reason. No path changes were made, no permissions to the share we modified, nothing...and no problem on my other XBMC installation either.
Issue is still driving me crazy. I just deleted MyVideos34 from UserData and replaced it with one from a new installation, then re-scanned and the same issue happens:

It appears to add them to the database, new movies show up in the new movies area on the home screen, they can be played, but NOTHING in the movie library....

Guess I'm looking at another complete removal and re-install...
Kinda on the wild side... but perhaps you have toggled in the library to 'ONLY' show watched/unwatched...? I did have an issue many moons ago regarding non shared permission on one drive.
Debug log while scanning for new content will help troubleshoot this. Without the log, there is no way to tell what is happening.
-stoli-
PatK Wrote:Kinda on the wild side... but perhaps you have toggled in the library to 'ONLY' show watched/unwatched...? I did have an issue many moons ago regarding non shared permission on one drive.

I had the same problem as the op but this solved it, Girlfriend had toggled it to unwatched Confused
Well I have to say that the exact same thing happen to me last night. I was scanning music in the library and then, a known bug happen ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92934 )

I had to unplug the APTV an plug it back. Then my TV SHOW library just disappeared. The files are there and can watch same from the file section, but there is nothing in the library. Curiously, the movies library's just fine.

Have you find the solution or you just reinstall everything ?

Thanks!
I'm having this same issue with Openelec. Randomly cover art will disappear and/or the library will not add new files.
This morning I noticed that my TV Shows library was gone (Eden Beta 2). I went into Videos to view my sources, and while my sources were still there, my tv folder was no longer set to TV, and was set to "none." I'm not sure what causes the change of the source and the destruction of my database (I've got all of my content on a Windows Home Server, and another machine running the MySQL database). While I can rescan my content, it's frustrating as a) it takes a while, and b) my recently added lists get boofed.
Exact same problems here. Any solution?
(2013-01-02, 22:08)LanceVance Wrote: Exact same problems here. Any solution?
Same symptom perhaps; not necessarily the same cause. See post #6 above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library keeps disappearing0