Bugs & Jira Tickets
Hi Again all,

So I've gotten it to compile and running it on windows. I had some problems on ubuntu but for now I'll just keep moving forward with Windows and tackle Ubuntu some other time.

I would like to dig into the code a bit but it's usually more helpful if I have a reason to dig into the code. So are there any bugs/jira tickets that I can tackle? Where can I and/or should I go to get the descriptions etc. IRC Channel, link? Can someone please point me to the right direction

Thank You in advance....again Big Grin
Hi there,

As one new guy to another - AFAIK all the bugs/features are on Trac. Just have a dig through there Smile
Here's a good reason that'll teach you most of xbmc's functionality (GUI, windowing, skinning, addons, graphics, maybe python & more),

Try implementing this clock (-> and ->) as a single c++ GUI control. Modify Confluence to include it, and also add the clock as a screen saver addon.

If you wanna challenge your core c++ skills (like search algorithms for under-constrained problems), then the clock can be generalized across different languages and sizes, i.e. auto-generated by specifying a dictionary and arbitrary dimensions

The clock has already seen two iterations for XBMC, the first attempt used only the skin engine and consumed 2,400 lines of XML (!). The second attempt (integrated into Transparency, Joggler and Night.Purity) uses a combination of python and multiple controls. If your control is robust enough the skin authors might adopt it, and at the very least it'll make an AWESOME screen saver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs & Jira Tickets0