Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transifex translation service with YOUR skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry to ask, but does this still apply? My language strings need quite some work and could certainly do with input.

Thank you.
sure, pretty much every skin in the repo uses it, so why shouldn't you. ;-)
(2015-01-30, 16:21)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]sure, pretty much every skin in the repo uses it, so why shouldn't you. ;-)

It's not been something high up on my list of to-dos, but really does need to be done. I'll take a look through the post and hopefully get this sorted out so it's FAR easier to use correct strings.

Cheers for the reply Smile

Edit: The reason I asked if it still applied is because it references Frodo in the text Tongue
(2015-01-30, 18:18)Piers Wrote: [ -> ][quote='ronie' pid='1909188' dateline='1422627690']

Edit: The reason I asked if it still applied is because it references Frodo in the text Tongue
and XBMC Wink
Email sent, I think I did it correctly - we'll see Tongue
updated first post a bit :-)
(2015-01-31, 01:25)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]updated first post a bit :-)

Makes far more sense now. I remember looking at the first post a month or so ago - I was put off by the wording, I really should have just asked Tongue
Is it normal for it to take a few days to get an reply?
(2015-02-01, 18:13)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Is it normal for it to take a few days to get an reply?

yup, i'm afraid it may even take several weeks.
(2015-02-01, 18:18)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-01, 18:13)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]Is it normal for it to take a few days to get an reply?

yup, i'm afraid it may even take several weeks.

Ah, I see. I've updated nearly every string in the EN files, I won't send a git pull request until I've managed to sort out all the strings.

Thank you for letting me know Smile
Currently I'm working on the Revolve skin. I would love to get translations for this skin, but after reading this thread I still have several questions:

1. Revolve is currently work in progress. It is not part of the official Kodi repository, and currently it only supports XBMC Gotham (although I plan to upgrade it to Kodi Helix and Isengard after I made a final release for Gotham). Can I get translations for Revolve when it only supports an old version of Kodi and when it is not in the official repository?

2. Revolve still uses a strings.xml file. Do I need to convert my strings.xml file to strings.po, or will Transifex do this?

3. And if Revolve can use the Transifex translation service, how can I get an email on the xbmc-addons mailing list?

Thanks for your help!
1 repo or not doesn't matter.

2 Tansifex will handle it.

3 subscribe to the addon mailing list: http://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons...iling_list
Email sent. Thank you for your reply, ronie!
(2015-07-08, 08:39)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]1 repo or not doesn't matter.

2 Tansifex will handle it.

3 subscribe to the addon mailing list: http://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons...iling_list

Hopefully not beating a dead horse Confused but I am wondering if there are any issues with it being a strings.po from a mod for a skin that is on the Kodi repo?
Pages: 1 2