Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, don't use my mod on git version.

My mod is only for Aeon Nox 4.0.9.

It will be ported to Aeon Now 4.1.2 when it will be release on XBMC.org repo.
Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind but I have a small request concerning the 'information' screen for movies. When I select 'information' the poster is pretty huge (especially on a 50" TV) on the left hand side and gets distorted due to the fact that all my movie posters are custom downloaded UK DVD covers and re-sized by hand to 353x500.

As this amazing skin gets 'prettier' by the day and now has the rolling disc effect I wondered if there are any plans to make the poster smaller and populate the remaining space with the custom logo/banner and disc art (if they're available)?

info screen as it is now

info screen mockup (no laughing, it's safe to say I'm no budding artist)

Hope this is something you may look at in the future...
@blondeshanks
The problem with chucking all that art on the screen, it ends up looking haphazard and chaotic. With just a poster it looks nice and clean. And the images only get distorted if you have images that aren't the right size(yours for example). Mine look just fine. Sad

@eisi
Name shouldn't matter. Pretty sure the skin just pulls out all artwork in that folder. Make sure you have important scripts installed(skin widgets, for example).
(2013-02-10, 20:03)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]@blondeshanks
The problem with chucking all that art on the screen, it ends up looking haphazard and chaotic. With just a poster it looks nice and clean. And the images only get distorted if you have images that aren't the right size(yours for example). Mine look just fine. Sad

@eisi
Name shouldn't matter. Pretty sure the skin just pulls out all artwork in that folder. Make sure you have important scripts installed(skin widgets, for example).

Ok, thanks Vaikin for the quick response. I do agree, a poster does look nicer. Maybe a compromise would be an option to turn off the poster altogether so it just displays the film info on a slideout menu or make the info screen as it appears now but 'overlay or float above' the current screen (thus making it scalable/smaller) like the music extra info does over the milkdrop visualization?

Anyhow, loving the skin

Changing the video info screen is no option imo. It's one of the iconic Aeon features from way before Nox was here. Change that we might as well remove Aeon from the skin name.
Hello is there a way to make it so that when you are in a view with Genre's it can have its own fanart setting? I ask because In my normal movie view I use a single image for a background, but in Genre I want to be able to see genre backgrounds? It already has its own view setting (That is you can pick a view separate from your movie view and the skin remembers it) That or a bit of code I could add somewhere so that if genre is being viewed it always shows fanart?

Also all views can be exited by right clicking except Big Fan, would it be possible to add that function to that view?

Thanks again for the great skin Smile
Smart playlist manager isn't working for me anymore... 4.1.2

I want to have In Progress widget for my smart playlists. But the manager only allows me to pick videowall...
I would love an option to insert dvd/br cases in BigFan view !! Can u skinners think about it pls ??

and 1 question

In my dual audio movies, always displays the audio logo from the second audio, anyone knows why ?? ex:

audio 1 - dts 1st position and default yes
audio 2 - ac3 2nd position and default no

checked by media info and mkvmerge

always displays Dolby Digital instead of DTS in any viewtype !!

EDIT: did some testing and always shows/prefer DOLBY (AC3 or TrueHD) instead of DTS (DTS or DTSMA) independent of audio position in mkv...
(2013-02-10, 20:49)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the video info screen is no option imo. It's one of the iconic Aeon features from way before Nox was here. Change that we might as well remove Aeon from the skin name.

Thanks Big_Noid, although I have been using XBMC for about 5 years I am a recent convert to Aeon Nox so didn't realize changes to the video info screen were a no no

All the best
(2013-02-10, 22:49)thatkookooguy Wrote: [ -> ]Well.... I'm kinda new at this so I guess I did a lot of things wrong (A LOOOOTTT) but the main point is I didn't like the default "Now Playing" overlay of PseudoTV on Aeon Nox... which is a shame since it's my favorite skin! (all the other skins have such a beautiful functional overlay and Aeon Nox have only this thing (-___-) :

Well.... I know mine isn't great..... but it's better (to my opinion at least). I couldn't find a way to enable details scroll up (only found documentation on how to scroll from right to left) and I guess I could have made it that the SXXEXX line on movies not only disappears, but the movie description will take up that place as well (group item I guess?).

This is how it looks like:

If anyone wants to use it be my guest! All you need to do is:
1. go to .../XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i
2. rename script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml to script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.BAK
(I don't want to be responsible for any broken things... keep a backup!)
3. copy the given file to the same directory
4. viola!

If anyone wants to help improve this... be my guest :-)

download file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?67m48mhrxexth6d
Concerning info screen. With plots so long that the text needs to scroll, it often instantly starts scrolling when entering info screen. What is really ugly so you have to wait until it restarts scrolling again to read the beginning. Is this a bug from xbmc or the skin?
(2013-02-10, 22:59)thatkookooguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-10, 22:49)thatkookooguy Wrote: [ -> ]Well.... I'm kinda new at this so I guess I did a lot of things wrong (A LOOOOTTT) but the main point is I didn't like the default "Now Playing" overlay of PseudoTV on Aeon Nox... which is a shame since it's my favorite skin! (all the other skins have such a beautiful functional overlay and Aeon Nox have only this thing (-___-) :

Well.... I know mine isn't great..... but it's better (to my opinion at least). I couldn't find a way to enable details scroll up (only found documentation on how to scroll from right to left) and I guess I could have made it that the SXXEXX line on movies not only disappears, but the movie description will take up that place as well (group item I guess?).

4. viola!

download file:

yep, pseudotv is not so nicely integrated. It was, back when the skin was in 720p, but since we switched to 1080 it has been a nightmare coding for that script. Main problem is that some xml are hardcoded to expect 720p coordinates and size. i wanted to delete official support, but since i dont use pseudotv anymore it kind of fell of my radar. Will look at your files and see how they look.
(2013-02-10, 21:41)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]Smart playlist manager isn't working for me anymore... 4.1.2

I want to have In Progress widget for my smart playlists. But the manager only allows me to pick videowall...
There is a reason that 4.0.9 is in the repo and not 4.1.2

Repo version = stable and hopefully near bug-free.
Git version = not necessarily stable and likely bugged.
(2013-02-10, 23:15)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Concerning info screen. With plots so long that the text needs to scroll, it often instantly starts scrolling when entering info screen. What is really ugly so you have to wait until it restarts scrolling again to read the beginning. Is this a bug from xbmc or the skin?

Thats why there is a scrolling button on the right of the textbox, so you can scroll at your own pace.
(2013-02-10, 22:59)thatkookooguy Wrote: [ -> ]

4. viola!

download file:

WOW looks good!! It is much better for sure. Would you know how to make the TV channel logo's bigger? They are small in this skin compare to other skins. I need to shift the text ove to the left a tad Storage Wars. House m.d. etc logo the last 2 letters are off the black background. other then that I like it

I edit the width of one of the logo line from 300 to 250 and now channel logo fit with in the black box. thanks for this mod.