Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-07, 02:06)koekwous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-06, 14:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-06, 11:45)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]Love love love the skin!!! thanks. And now my widgets work ;-) awesome.

I will be posting my remarks soon (just a few).

One thing I did already notice ... In the homescreen, some of my custom backgrounds don't fill up the whole screen anymore (while in the tv or movie section, that same picture (fanart) does) ...
then those images aren´t 16:9.

I also have this problem, i have a huge map with images, and first it fitted the whole screen and now i get black bars. Why is that changed?

already explained.
Have given 4.0 a quick try and have a couple of questions/requests.

Firstly, in landscape logo (kiosk mode) the only way to activate a trailer is through the context menu which to me feels a little long winded. Seeing as up/down are effectively redundant, could one of those be used to activate the trailer?

Secondly, when adding a custom icon to the home menu you can't leave the label blank. Every time I try it auto fills it with custom1, 2 etc. it might just be something that I do but I tend to remove the labels if I have the icons.

Lastly, this is probably not a skin specific question but I was wondering what the deal was with tags. I thought that they were a new feature for Frodo, but haven't seen any sign of them so far. It could also be that I haven't been paying attention Confused

Great work guys, loving the skin so far Big Grin
(2013-01-07, 02:48)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Have given 4.0 a quick try and have a couple of questions/requests.

Firstly, in landscape logo (kiosk mode) the only way to activate a trailer is through the context menu which to me feels a little long winded. Seeing as up/down are effectively redundant, could one of those be used to activate the trailer?
nope. i absolutely dislike putting playmedia() actions on unup/odown. media should only be played when you actually click. what you can do is set the xbmc play setting to "choose", then it will ask you to play the trailer when clickin on it.
(2013-01-07, 02:48)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, when adding a custom icon to the home menu you can't leave the label blank. Every time I try it auto fills it with custom1, 2 etc. it might just be something that I do but I tend to remove the labels if I have the icons.
that´s by intention. what I could do would be to implement another main menu layout "icons only". that way the icons could also make full use of the height.
(2013-01-07, 02:48)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly, this is probably not a skin specific question but I was wondering what the deal was with tags. I thought that they were a new feature for Frodo, but haven't seen any sign of them so far. It could also be that I haven't been paying attention Confused
readup here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Tags
(2013-01-07, 02:48)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]Great work guys, loving the skin so far Big Grin
thx. nice to hear that.

The self-building movie banners are pretty slick, phil. Great new view option!
(2013-01-07, 02:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-07, 02:06)koekwous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-06, 14:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]then those images aren´t 16:9.

I also have this problem, i have a huge map with images, and first it fitted the whole screen and now i get black bars. Why is that changed?

already explained.

Well you didn't explained why.. You just said they have to be 16:9, why did you remove the feature to let aeon nox cut the image up? It's because i have 50+ images and some are 1900 * 1080 and some are 1900 * 1200 now i have to photoshop all of these images.
(2013-01-07, 04:12)koekwous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-07, 02:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-07, 02:06)koekwous Wrote: [ -> ]I also have this problem, i have a huge map with images, and first it fitted the whole screen and now i get black bars. Why is that changed?

already explained.

Well you didn't explained why.. You just said they have to be 16:9, why did you remove the feature to let aeon nox cut the image up? It's because i have 50+ images and some are 1900 * 1080 and some are 1900 * 1200 now i have to photoshop all of these images.

(2013-01-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]will probably implement an option for that. "scale" doesn´t work with all background types too well, that´s why i switched to "keep" (which works perfectly when using scraper fanart)
(2013-01-07, 04:17)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-07, 04:12)koekwous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-07, 02:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]already explained.

(2013-01-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]will probably implement an option for that. "scale" doesn´t work with all background types too well, that´s why i switched to "keep" (which works perfectly when using scraper fanart)

yes my bad just read that 5 sec ago thanks for considering making it an option in settings
Tried reading through the thread but maybe I missed something.

On RC3 an 4.06, the text for the menu bars aren't showing up. I can still select them and the text for submenus is there, but not the main menu items.

Something I'm doing wrong?
I Didn't get a response in the eden thread for Nox 3.6... So i'll post here since Im using 4.0 on my macbook and will upgrade to 4.0 as soon as all bugs are worked out on frodo for my main HTPC.

Hi all,

Special thanks to Phil and Bignoid for this wonderful and beautiful skin, I've been a user ever since I made the switch from Plex about 1.5 years ago. Cheers!

I have a minor request on some tweeking that I want to do.

below you will see in the episode view type under tv shows, both the season poster and the logo appear right next to eachother. Personally for me I feel that this is somewhat redundant for the screen and would like to actually get rid of one of them in this view type. Let me show you what Im talking about.

If anyone can please point me to the correct place in the xml file to change this or give me any tips that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.
Scale option would be much appreciated. My monitor is 16:10 and it makes for some odd moments when I'm using widgets. (The background is live dvd cases and when select a movie in the widget the fanart gets overlayed and ends up looking very odd indeed)

ive spent the day experimenting with 4.06 and like what i see,nice to have the search actually return something, i do consider the loss of dvd cases a significant step back.i have 3,400 movies on 3 raid 6 nases, of those there are 1100 odd 480/576 rips, some 2000 720p rips, 50 odd 1080p's and 75 odd 3d's.,not including 173 tvshows or 5100 odd episodes/
the dvd case views quickly made it visible which was which. id like to have seen 3d and 1080 cases.
now im a disabled cat in a wheelchair with only a non dominant partially working left arm, somehow ive turned on a debug like feature, that shows the xml in use and a method, how do i turn off?
last but not least none of my widgets both new and random. return any artwork, be it movies, tvshows, music or featured?
(2013-01-06, 23:21)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]again: add the playlists you want to use to the smart playlist manager (press up in main menu customizer to get there) , then you´ll get the widget options.
Angel thanks a lot phill, i'll never seen that screen before, i have not followed the development of nox the 4° as for 3°.....it is simply incredible and what a level of customization.i have to study....
(2013-01-07, 01:20)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]FAQ thread has been updated with instructions for this.

Nice idea Nod

Phil and BN

Loving this skin, the more I use it the more hidden gems I discover. Accidentally pressed "S" and discovered quicklists which I've now configured , after following Nox 4 development closely for so long I feel like a real goose for not knowing about this sooner.

Love the Nox Extras downloader, it makes it so easy and user friendly to obtain mods, scripts, themes and artwork packs to keep the size of Nox nice and lean.

So many customisable options and so little time to play when family just want to watch something. Blush
(2013-01-07, 07:45)Greg. Wrote: [ -> ]ive spent the day experimenting with 4.06 and like what i see,nice to have the search actually return something, i do consider the loss of dvd cases a significant step back.i have 3,400 movies on 3 raid 6 nases, of those there are 1100 odd 480/576 rips, some 2000 720p rips, 50 odd 1080p's and 75 odd 3d's.,not including 173 tvshows or 5100 odd episodes/
the dvd case views quickly made it visible which was which. id like to have seen 3d and 1080 cases.
now im a disabled cat in a wheelchair with only a non dominant partially working left arm, somehow ive turned on a debug like feature, that shows the xml in use and a method, how do i turn off?
last but not least none of my widgets both new and random. return any artwork, be it movies, tvshows, music or featured?

dvdcase showcase wasn´t removed.
and concerning artwork, read the FAQ.
great work guys! congratulations!!! Smile