Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vaikin,
The fix you posted above, would that solve my issues?

My most recently added widget seems to only show 50-75% of my recently added films, if i add 2 films, only 1 would populate in the recently added widget.

Would the fix above resolve that?

thanks
nick
(2013-02-23, 22:26)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]complete media flag overhaul almost completed. (+ fallback to label when no studio icon available)
big thx to frodo for helpin out.

Hi guys,

I love the 'fallback to label when no studio icon available' but is there a way you could make it not put ,The at the end? For example, if a film studio is 'The Movie Company' it is currently displayed as 'Movie Company, The'

With thanks
(2013-02-26, 16:11)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-23, 22:26)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]complete media flag overhaul almost completed. (+ fallback to label when no studio icon available)
big thx to frodo for helpin out.

Hi guys,

I love the 'fallback to label when no studio icon available' but is there a way you could make it not put ,The at the end? For example, if a film studio is 'The Movie Company' it is currently displayed as 'Movie Company, The'

With thanks

no, not possible.
Hi guys,

Another request as it seems to have 'broken' again.

I notice you have changed the focus texture from filled to an outline for the widgets, which I must admit I prefer... but in doing so, the text appears the be scrolling outside the focus texture for the movie widget again. Here's a screenshot, it doesn't capture it clearly as it was quite difficult to get it with the print screen option so it's more pronounced than in the screenshot but hopefully you'll see it...

And for comparison, I did one for the TV widget, which shows the focus texture nearly as big as the widget, therefore no 'overspill'...

With thanks, keep the updates coming

@Phil

Wow, that was quick. Hopefully my other request is possible

Thanks
(2013-02-25, 08:37)CaptainKen Wrote: [ -> ]1) I can't figure out how to completely hide the now playing info so that all I see are the random background pics. I searched Google and this thread, and I tried pressing N as well as many other things.

2) Why are the tracks not being randomized.

3) Is there a way to scroll through the next tracks list?

4) I'd like to trigger a slideshow of random pics somehow. I'd also like to create some music playlists based on genre. I don't see any option for picture or music playlists in smart playlists. Would you point me in a direction to get me started please?

Well I figured out what the problem was. I had changed the Background for Pictures to a Multi Image in order to point to another folder rather than the default skin background folder. When I did that it disabled the Pictures menu, so I couldn't access the slideshow options. On of two things fixed this: either resetting the Pictures back to Default and then back to Multi Image; and/or turning the Pictures submenu on and off.

I wasn't able to create a Music playlist because, I hadn't chosen "Scan Item to Library".

This leaves me with two questions at this point.

1) How do I add an option to the Pictures and Music submenus to display a list of Playlists? I see that I can add a single Playlist item, But I want to display the list of Playlists instead.

2) Is there a way to scroll through the next tracks list in the Music Now Playing screen?
(2013-02-26, 11:15)nick w Wrote: [ -> ]Vaikin,
The fix you posted above, would that solve my issues?

My most recently added widget seems to only show 50-75% of my recently added films, if i add 2 films, only 1 would populate in the recently added widget.

Would the fix above resolve that?

thanks
nick
Probably. Change the value for dateadded to 0, and it will use the date the media is added(as in the current time) rather than some other whacky stuff. Hopefully fixes it for you.
First, thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

My question is this: on various info screens in this skin, my fan speeds up from silent to almost full speed. Depends on the screen. For example, when selecting the info for a movie, the fan will speed up, when selecting fan art, it will speed up more. Another example, when viewing the set-up screens, there is one that gives CPU usage. The CPU will be at 6% on one screen and the fan will be spinning at full speed, when I move to a different screen, the CPU will be 25% and the fan will be much lower. Just the opposite of what I would expect. When I play a movie, and when i'm on one of the main views for the skin, the fan is silent. CPU usage for a 1080P movie varies from 6 to 12%

I have an Intel NUC running windows 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
(2013-02-26, 08:10)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]The sub menu that Reginald describes is sorted by date added, by default. As in, the first item on the list will be the most recently added to xbmc.

Some people have some issues with the list not being in the correct order. If that's the case, the fix is in advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<dateadded>2</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                  1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                  2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

Is this forced or will I be able to select this from the menu items after I add it?
(2013-02-26, 20:04)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-26, 08:10)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]The sub menu that Reginald describes is sorted by date added, by default. As in, the first item on the list will be the most recently added to xbmc.

Some people have some issues with the list not being in the correct order. If that's the case, the fix is in advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<dateadded>2</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                  1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                  2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

Is this forced or will I be able to select this from the menu items after I add it?

it´s forced. no access to this setting by using GUI.

(2013-02-26, 19:58)mdl2 Wrote: [ -> ]First, thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

My question is this: on various info screens in this skin, my fan speeds up from silent to almost full speed. Depends on the screen. For example, when selecting the info for a movie, the fan will speed up, when selecting fan art, it will speed up more. Another example, when viewing the set-up screens, there is one that gives CPU usage. The CPU will be at 6% on one screen and the fan will be spinning at full speed, when I move to a different screen, the CPU will be 25% and the fan will be much lower. Just the opposite of what I would expect. When I play a movie, and when i'm on one of the main views for the skin, the fan is silent. CPU usage for a 1080P movie varies from 6 to 12%

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
buy a more silent fan.
(2013-02-26, 19:58)mdl2 Wrote: [ -> ]First, thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
buy a more silent fan.
[/quote]

What kind of answer is that? This only happens on the Aeon Nox skin, so I figure there may be a reason.
Yes, there is a reason, aeon skin is a heavyweight skin, your cpu usage might spike from time to time, and your fan will speed up accordingly, so buying a silent fan might be the only right answer (or using another skin)
Or tune your settings in BIOS.

If your fan became noisy with CPU only at 25%, there is two possibilities :
- buy a silent one
- change the limit before set fan to 100% speed

With my core i3-2120T and stock Intel ventirad, My fan speed up only when my CPU is over 50°C
changed the language and subtitle flag location:
(2013-02-27, 02:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]changed the language and subtitle flag location:

Like it! Looks a lot cleaner than the default videolanguage script setup.
I am going to try an entirely fresh install of xbmc to see if that helps.Image Image