Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WMC as the backend - released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed everything as per instructions but when I click a channel I just get the loading wheel which eventually times out. Any ideas?

Running the magro build, Aeon NOx, win 7.
Did you start the WMC_server app?
which PVR backend were you running before?
Yes the server is running.

I was running the MediaPortal server previously.
I had to disable mediaportal TVserver in task manager.

If you haven't give that a try, restart xbmc and the WMC_server app.
Gave it a shot but still the same result.

I had a similar issue before with Mediaportal client which changing to the nightly build fixed for some reason, but this plugin isn't compatible with nightlies. The reason I'm changing is the stream off mediaportal client was extremely jerky, whilst probably a multitude of other things I just wanted to see if this had better performance.

I've reverted back to stable 12.2 but now get the intermittent error "Windows Media Center PVR Recording Stream exited early".
(2013-09-06, 19:23)farr3ll Wrote: [ -> ]Gave it a shot but still the same result.

I had a similar issue before with Mediaportal client which changing to the nightly build fixed for some reason, but this plugin isn't compatible with nightlies. The reason I'm changing is the stream off mediaportal client was extremely jerky, whilst probably a multitude of other things I just wanted to see if this had better performance.

I've reverted back to stable 12.2 but now get the intermittent error "Windows Media Center PVR Recording Stream exited early".

Try closing the WMC_pvr app and restart. This is odd, but what's even more odd is the issues you're having with mediaportal. To me mediaportal has been the most stable pvr for me. wmc_pvr has been pretty stable also, a few things to work out but its stable, my main interest with wmc_pvr is being able to record series with new episodes only. One thing I'd like to see with xbmc is more details in the EPG guide

Are you able to access channels from windows media center?
Tried, no dice.

It beats me too but nothing ever seems to run as smooth as I'd like. There shouldn't be buffering issues, the server/client are wired via LAN 10/100. Back in XBMC the channel list is obviously there, so is the EPG. No channel logos were pulled though. Well, none were found by WMC anyway but I've dropped a few in the 'channelIcons' folder but they still don't scrape into the client end. Not sure if there is a particular file name convention to adhere to?

Any, this could be an issue. Tried to run on server end and got a 'no audio device found' error, which is very odd. Not sure why that'd cause issues at the client end though?
As far as the logos, maybe you have the xbmc pointing to a different folder for logos. Have you ever tried http://www.mychannellogos.com/
Set that up on windows media center and the logos should port over to xbmc as long as you don't have sbmc pointing to another folder.

(2013-09-06, 19:37)farr3ll Wrote: [ -> ]Tried, no dice.

It beats me too but nothing ever seems to run as smooth as I'd like. There shouldn't be buffering issues, the server/client are wired via LAN 10/100. Back in XBMC the channel list is obviously there, so is the EPG. No channel logos were pulled though. Well, none were found by WMC anyway but I've dropped a few in the 'channelIcons' folder but they still don't scrape into the client end. Not sure if there is a particular file name convention to adhere to?

Any, this could be an issue. Tried to run on server end and got a 'no audio device found' error, which is very odd. Not sure why that'd cause issues at the client end though?

Here's what my EPG guide looks like:

Do you have your firewall enabled on your W7 machine? I couldn't get my w7 box to play livetv until I turned off the firewall. I am sure you could open specific ports but I haven't found which ones yet. Might be specific to me, but worth a try if nothing else is working for you..
Thanks man, but the firewall's are off already on both PC's. I can't help thinking back to why it works (kinda) on a nightly but not on Frodo? Well, MP server/client anyway.

What skin is that btw? Looks nice.

Someone else had a similar issue here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139748&page=18
(2013-09-06, 19:52)farr3ll Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks man, but the firewall's are off already on both PC's. I can't help thinking back to why it works (kinda) on a nightly but not on Frodo? Well, MP server/client anyway.

What skin is that btw? Looks nice.

Someone else had a similar issue here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139748&page=18

The Skin is called "Arctic" http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170954

Are you able to access channels on the server pc?
Yeah there's an issue there. I'm getting a 'can't access audio device' (or similar) error which is strange. I'll spend some time over the weekend with this I think. 3:30am here, better catch some z's. Thanks for your help mate.
Does anyone know of a tweak to show more details in the epg guide. there's got to be a better way to get more info in the guide.

Notice how much is shown in the media center guide but doesn't transfer over to the xbmc guide

(2013-09-06, 20:00)farr3ll Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah there's an issue there. I'm getting a 'can't access audio device' (or similar) error which is strange. I'll spend some time over the weekend with this I think. 3:30am here, better catch some z's. Thanks for your help mate.

Anytime, I'll keep researching to see what I can find to help
(2013-09-06, 19:48)bebegoat Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have your firewall enabled on your W7 machine? I couldn't get my w7 box to play livetv until I turned off the firewall. I am sure you could open specific ports but I haven't found which ones yet. Might be specific to me, but worth a try if nothing else is working for you..

bebegoat, how's your xbmc running with the wmc_pvr?
Hey hoops.
I have had mixed success, I can't tell if the issues that i am having are of my own creation (its almost a skill, I swear) or if they are because of the wmc_pvr. I am using an HD Homerun Prime with a Cablecard (comcast) on a Win7 x64. Seems like the connection to the backend drops some times and I have a delay in getting recordings to go, but Krusty has been super responsive and I'm sure if they aren't caused by me, the kinks will get worked out.