• 86(current)
Release Eminence
(2014-10-11, 03:23)Prizm4 Wrote: I would love to see the Media Info screen have a makeover.
(2014-10-11, 05:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: Im happy to consider proper mockups but I currently dont have the time for doing major cosmetic overhauls. Further, using text keeps the skin texture size down considerably - dont need hundreds of studio logos. [...] The aim of this skin has always been to remain simple and straightforward - it will never be a skin full of bling.
(2014-10-11, 10:36)wrxtasy Wrote: @Prizm4 - If you want elegance and bling have a look at jurials' other XBMC skin Arctic mkii.

Yeah that's ok, no need for bling if that's not the goal of the skin. If anyone has the ability to do a mockup, I believe it's always possible to make a more attractive page (even on any skin) without the need for bling.
How can I rate my music/ See the rating?

A indicator icon would be coolnif sth. is marked as a favorite Wink
Hey there, every default category has the ability to edit the label except for 'Settings', so it must be hardcoded somewhere. I can't find it.

Any ideas on where I would be able to change this?
any news on the helix version? sorry for my impatience.
(2014-10-19, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: Currently on github, should be on the repo in the coming days.

v1.0.8 has not shown up on the repo even after a Force Refresh.

Also once installed manually - Skin > Theme > is greyed out and I'm not able to select Glass theme any more ?

(2014-10-26, 06:50)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2014-10-19, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: Currently on github, should be on the repo in the coming days.

v1.0.8 has not shown up on the repo even after a Force Refresh.

Also once installed manually - Skin > Theme > is greyed out and I'm not able to select Glass theme any more ?
Sorry it will be up soon there was just something that I needed to fix before the PR to the repo could be accepted. The github version doesnt have the glass theme because it isnt compressed into a textures xbt until it goes to the repo.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi again jurialmunkey.

Have you given any thought to the request I made regarding exiting the OSD after downloading a subtitle? It really gets old having to hit the back button to return to full screen view... Though I understand if you chose not to do it.

Also, a few bugs I noticed testing your skin on my android phone (4.5 screen):

1) finger scrolling works on many screens (like the movie / tv hubs or the carousel widget) but it doesn't on others, library mode view being the most jarring. I have to scroll with the bar, which is pretty difficult on a small screen.

2) curiously, there is an opposite issue on my pi, where the scroll bars do not work. Selecting subtitles or choosing a source for streaming plugins must be done with the down button one item at a time as there are no scrolling bars showing.

3) can't find a way to access the sidebar on library mode on my phone. No gesture seems to call it and the only way I found to do it is to hold the finger over the right border, but it's impossible to pick an item and the sidebar disappears as soon as I lift the finger. I'd love to try other views but can't do it.

4) on a related note, the method described above only works once. As soon as the sidebar disappears it's impossible to call it again unless I first return to the hub.

If you can find a solution for the sidebar and the scrolling issues, I'm sure this will be the best skin for anybody with a touch screen. Great work, man!
It would be great if the text fields (red box) are getting longer (like the yellow box). At the moment the text field need to scroll unnecessary.

Also would it be nice if you pull the fresh lang files from transifex before you release a new version Smile
(2014-10-21, 22:34)ScottyRads Wrote: Hey there, every default category has the ability to edit the label except for 'Settings', so it must be hardcoded somewhere. I can't find it.

This still.
(2014-10-28, 02:08)ScottyRads Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 22:34)ScottyRads Wrote: Hey there, every default category has the ability to edit the label except for 'Settings', so it must be hardcoded somewhere. I can't find it.

This still.

Why?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@ jurial - > Eminence successfully updated thanks.

However I'm getting this error lately and unable to access the Input > Perhiperals Menu on my RPi
This contains the CEC adapter settings....

The file referenced is not in the 1080i subfolder....

Code:
ERROR: unable to load:/storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.eminence/1080i/DialogPeripheralManager.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
15:22:35 T:3059372576   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

This file is present in the 720p folder in Confluence, the trouble is I have to keep switching skins then rebooting to access the CEC settings.

Is this on the TO DO list ?

I like this skin. It's one of the best. If I may make some suggestions. The top ribbon (with Media Center prominently showing) is static and very large. Is there a way to slide out of sight or make it smaller?
Need some customization help.

I took the TV hubs xml, and edited it, to make a second tv hub for kids shows. Custom ID, quicknav, etc. It works great, now i want to make another custom menu, based n the settings page. The one with the two rows of blocks.

So i copied the settings.xml, and gave it a custom ID, but after creating a custom button for it, it does not open, can we not do this with settings? or am i missing something somewhere?
BUG REPORT:

When playing a recorded Live TV show and the info panel is called up - the scaling of the Channel logo is a mess.
However logos scale properly when the same is done for Live Broadcast TV and everywhere else.

I've changed aspect ratio to >keep< and that fixes the issue.

The changed part in the DialogSeekBar.xml file....
Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>22</posx>
                    <posy>22</posy>
                    <width>430</width>
                    <height>646</height>
                    <fadetime>200</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)]</texture>
                    <aspectratio aligny="top" align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                    <visible>IsEmpty(Player.Art(poster)) + IsEmpty(Player.Art(tvshow.poster))</visible>

Tongue

Hi Jurialmunkey,

I discovered a strange thing with the translations and did some investigations.
You have used label 20434="Sets" for Movie sets but it seems that this label is used to "Sets" "Something" (according to the translated value) and not for Movie sets.
It exist in standard a label for "Movie set" = 20457 which is the most appropriate label to use instead, this also means that label 31207 = "Movie set" (which is the same as label 20457) does not have to exist in this skin translations or it could be changed to "Movie sets" (since that does not seem to exist).

Depending on how you want to proceed it means to change a number of labels in different xml files, for example Includes_Hub.xml and Includes_Labels.xml.

Regards

Jorgen57
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35