Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since update has stopped working on Android 4.0.4 gotham 13.2 . Will try with s802 Android Box when it arrives tomorrow. Will not open anymore just script failed. Deleted and re installed same behaviour....
Can you post a log?
(2014-11-05, 16:58)slices Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a log?

Will post a log as soon as I have tested on my new Android Box tomorrow on a clean install..Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced problem after update on Android.
(2014-11-04, 16:29)slices Wrote: [ -> ]Yes just tested on Android, same issue. I'm guessing the python libraries aren't identical. I will look for an alternative to Ordered Dict later.

Fixed NBC on Android. It looks like the needed Python libraries for OrderedDict are just missing altogether in Android. I grabbed _abcoll.py, _weakrefset.py, abc.py, and collections.py off of my Windows box (in "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\XBMC\system\python\Lib") and dropped them into the root dir of the USTV VoD addon on my Android box ("/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvvod"), and it seems to work fine now. Tested on Windows, too, and it's fine (no issues with duplicate Python libraries).

I put those libraries in the root of the plugin folder instead of resources/lib because I didn't want the abc.py library (Abstract Base Classes) to overwrite the plugin's abc.py (for the ABC network). I did double check that ABC still works, and it seems fine (Python's smart enough to look at the right abc.py depending on what it's doing).

Since the libraries should be open-source, you can probably just add those needed libraries to your plugin to make sure they're there regardless of platform.
I've checked a fix into github.
(2014-11-05, 20:51)slices Wrote: [ -> ]I've checked a fix into github.

Cool. Definitely cleaner the way you did it, just including/writing the needed class/defs, than throwing 4 new libraries in there. I did it the lazy way Wink
Thanks !! Been enjoying this addon for awhile and was wondering what I did to messup my config this time!!!
Hello,
I'm having some trouble getting a few channels to work. Seems to be the same problem each time...something to do the parser it's using? Any help would be appreciated.
I'm using xbmcbuntu, in the US and I can reproduce the problem with at least two channels: 20/20 on ABC and American Idol on FOX.

Here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=341772
I've seen something like this before, some builds have lxml installed, this is used as the default parser and can have problems. Now changed to specify the parser. Fix checked in.
Awesome. That did it. Thank you so much. What a quick reply.
Does anyone get a script error but it still ends up playing? My wife gets this on Days of our Lives under NBC. Sometimes no issues, sometimes and error but plays, sometimes gets error and won't play. Sometimes stops while playing and gives errors if you try to restart. Since it bothers her, she yells at me. So it bothers me as well.

I'll look a the the logs but just curios if anyone gets this behaviour?
USA Network has a new show named Bench which USTV VoD doesn't seem to be parsing; it's on the website and I was able to play the first episode. Did USA Network change the way it structures the shows therefore USTV VoD doesn't happen to be catching the new shows?

Never mind, problem could be that the episodes needed TV provider authentication
Only the second episode I can watch the first on the website. I'm not sure if it's necessary changed the structure but benched isn't in the feed we get the shows from. There is another feed that contains benched, but it only gives me clips. Can't see an obvious way of getting the episodes.
hi to all
what a great addon

i am on version 1.1.3
is there a fix for missing NBC link
all things working great only no NBC
will there comming a fix for it in the repo?
i am using kodi/xbmc 13.2 on a fire tv

thanks in advanced
Fix for NBC problem on Android in github, will be in the next release.