Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Android KitKat Quad Core CPU/Octocore GPU TV boxes out in 16 days, thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So its basically flawless now? Have you tried playing super high bitrate files with it?
Brinis: Where did you order it from?

And what kind of filetypes have you tested it with?
I got it from geek. I have been using all the movies I can and the all play good. It's the 8gb I have but I have the 16gb on the way to now for my bedroom. I know it's only the wifi that is different on it. The one I have now I use on wifi Smile
I get mine this week can't wait to test it.
Thanks for the info.
This sounds promising, love to see more tests. maybe with some vidz?
I'll do a video. Also check out some cool tech on YouTube he has a good review of this box.
Anyone have any ideas when they will release the Minix NEO X8s?
My rep told me mid go end of May they should have them in.
My rep told me mid go end of May they should have them in.
What about pricing (NEO X8s)?
Mi Box Pro from Xiaomi is another media player based on AMLogic S802 "Meson8" series SoC

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/04/23/x...-s802-soc/

What makes this one a little special is it will cost less than $65 US-dollars (RRP ¥399 CNY)

http://www.mi.com/hezis
Quote:Mi Pro Box specifications:

SoC – Amlogic S802 quad core Cortex A9r4 processor @ 2GHz with ARM Mali-450MP6 octa-core GPU
System Memory – 2GB RAM
Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash + micro SD slot up to 64 GB
Video & Audio Output – HDMI (Up to 4K30) and 3.5 mm AV
Audio / Video Playback – MKV, AVI, MP3 and MOV up to 4K resolution. AC3, Dolby and DTS audio support
Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi up to 120 Mbps (vs 40 Mbps for 802.11n)
USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port + 1x USB OTG port
Yes but what 802 chip will have inside? We need the one with hardware DD support
(2014-04-25, 12:32)bluechris Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but what 802 chip will have inside? We need the one with hardware DD support
Note that XBMC doesn't support h/w accelerated audio codecs, which are very much pointless with such powerful CPU's anyway...
Amlogic chipset overview, a few I didn't even know existed

S802 series is the one folks have already gotten their hands on.

S812 series is same CPU/GPU as S802 but adds 4K H.265/HEVC video decoding support and gigabit ethernet.

S805 series is a lower budget unit, Cortex A5 quad core CPU, still supports H.265 video but limited to 1080p output.
Why not just use pass through audio

(2014-04-24, 12:10)luksol Wrote: [ -> ]What about pricing (NEO X8s)?

I am assuming in line with the tronsmart and x7 x7 mini
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10