Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
##############################################
# OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone #
# ...... visit http://www.openelec.tv ...... #
##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 5.0.0
Salon:~ # cd $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/
Salon:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream # start.sh
-sh: start.sh: not found
Salon:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream #

not exist file start.sh

thx´s
(2015-01-02, 23:06)MoloMuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 21:58)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 21:17)MoloMuy Wrote: [ -> ]After the initial "Starting AceStream Enginge" wait (40s) it just says "Acestream Can't Connect" and then "Torrent not available or invalid".

I'm using a Intel NUC D34010WYK. Any ideas what's wrong? Worked perfectly when I used the previous version of OpenElec/XBMC/Kodi

Version OpenELEC v5.0.0 (Fresh Install)

Version p2p-streams v1.2

thx´s

Run this:

Code:
sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh

Pastebin the output.

Salon:~ # sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/
start.sh
sh: can't open '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh'
Salon:~ #

View in WinSCP path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/

not exist file start.sh

thx´s

Then it's your problem. if you are running openelec that file should exist and should have been downloaded on the first run of the addon. If not, you installed it wrong.

(2015-01-02, 22:04)Donkey-Punch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 20:57)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]You answer is in the log...it seems the folder /sdcard/org.acestream.engine is read only. Manually set the permissions (being root) might solve the issue.

I thought SuperSu took care of permissions. Sorry to badger you but could you please elaborate on how I would go about changing permissions, I hate asking to be spoon fed, as I'm normally pretty safe when it comes down to this kind of stuff, but I'm gonna have to admit, I'm struggling with this g-box mx2 and android.

Code:
su -c "chmod -R 777 /sdcard/org.acestream.engine"
in a terminal emulator app.
@enen92 successfully ran the code in an terminal emu app, SuperSu window pops up granted permission, notification window pops up at bottom of screen stating new permissions run ace stream again and start fail same error as before.
Don't know then. Remove everything you might have in that folder:

Code:
su -c "rm -r /sdcard/org.acestream.engine/*

Then set the permissions to 777:

Code:
su -c "chmod -R 777 /sdcard/org.acestream.engine/

The app should be able to write to that folder...if not, contact them with your bug. However I've seen in their code the line "#to-do: check for read-only filesystems" so probably it is a known bug.
(2015-01-02, 23:19)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 23:06)MoloMuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 21:58)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Run this:

Code:
sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh

Pastebin the output.

Salon:~ # sh $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/
start.sh
sh: can't open '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh'
Salon:~ #

View in WinSCP path /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/

not exist file start.sh

thx´s

Then it's your problem. if you are running openelec that file should exist and should have been downloaded on the first run of the addon. If not, you installed it wrong.

(2015-01-02, 22:04)Donkey-Punch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 20:57)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]You answer is in the log...it seems the folder /sdcard/org.acestream.engine is read only. Manually set the permissions (being root) might solve the issue.

I thought SuperSu took care of permissions. Sorry to badger you but could you please elaborate on how I would go about changing permissions, I hate asking to be spoon fed, as I'm normally pretty safe when it comes down to this kind of stuff, but I'm gonna have to admit, I'm struggling with this g-box mx2 and android.

Code:
su -c "chmod -R 777 /sdcard/org.acestream.engine"
in a terminal emulator app.

(2015-01-03, 00:48)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know then. Remove everything you might have in that folder:

Code:
su -c "rm -r /sdcard/org.acestream.engine/*

Then set the permissions to 777:

Code:
su -c "chmod -R 777 /sdcard/org.acestream.engine/

The app should be able to write to that folder...if not, contact them with your bug. However I've seen in their code the line "#to-do: check for read-only filesystems" so probably it is a known bug.

Tried both codes and got no joy. Deleted folder completely, and uninstalled ace stream tried fresh install and it's now working.
Thank you very much for your time, it's much appreciated
@enen92

What about Sopcast on Android, they updated the software for Lollipop but they removed sopclient, the channels can be played in Sopcast only, it is possible to play them in Kodi?
(2015-01-03, 01:40)ripacid Wrote: [ -> ]@enen92

What about Sopcast on Android, they updated the software for Lollipop but they removed sopclient, the channels can be played in Sopcast only, it is possible to play them in Kodi?

Yes, downgrade to kitkat lol.
(2015-01-03, 02:29)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-03, 01:40)ripacid Wrote: [ -> ]@enen92

Yes, downgrade to kitkat lol.

Never Smile, thank you anyway.

-edit-

Actually, I fixed it by patching PIE, flashed this on my Galaxy S5 then reinstalled SopCast 1.1.0 Smile
(2015-01-02, 16:54)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 14:06)gb160 Wrote: [ -> ]Lads....stop mentioning the parsers in here, Enen will pull support altogether if this continues, and then we're all in the crap.

Yap last time I checked the addon didn't include any website appart from the official sopcast list (nor it can depend on any website since they just come and go). I don't know either what tvmc is (when I look at the address bar I see kodi.tv) so I am assuming the software I am using is called kodi or something (?!).

PS: Top score yesterday mate Nod
It was the perfect start to the year mate, smashing the Chelski Merceneries and the look on Mourinhos face was priceless....who knows, we may meet your boys in the Europa League again !!
Hello i have the same problem with p2p on rPi (clean OpenElec 5.0 install). Acestreamengine does not start.

start.sh file is not found in my "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream" folder. I'm sure the installtion was ok. On Win8 it works ok, but on pi there seem to be a bug.

I've downloaded add on from: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Kodi and followed every step.
(2015-01-03, 13:20)Szymon_Zy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello i have the same problem with p2p on rPi (clean OpenElec 5.0 install). Acestreamengine does not start.

start.sh file is not found in my "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream" folder. I'm sure the installtion was ok. On Win8 it works ok, but on pi there seem to be a bug.

I've downloaded add on from: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Kodi and followed every step.

It doesn't work on the pi!

(2015-01-03, 04:04)ripacid Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I fixed it by patching PIE, flashed this on my Galaxy S5 then reinstalled SopCast 1.1.0 Smile

Well that's a solution by the user not by the addon Sad We (me and a friend) have been reversing the code, getting the symbols and trying to find a way to integrate the new libsc.so into kodi/p2p-streams. We are almost there but it is a bit buggy yet for a proof of concept. But the chances of getting it to work are high though.
Oooo i didn't know. I though it only does not play 3.0 streams. While i read readme.md on github didn't found this information. Is there any possibility to use proxy and make it work - or do you plan any update for the pi (any hope for 3.0 client for arm's).

BTW: Sopcast will work?

Any one tried it with odroid-c1?
(2015-01-03, 17:06)Szymon_Zy Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo i didn't know. I though it only does not play 3.0 streams. While i read readme.md on github didn't found this information. Is there any possibility to use proxy and make it work - or do you plan any update for the pi (any hope for 3.0 client for arm's).

BTW: Sopcast will work?

Any one tried it with odroid-c1?

It doesn't work on any linux arm device, only acestream 2.0 which are probably less than 1% of the links that exist today. Sopcast works fine.
I won't update anything for linux arm since there is no releases from acestreamengine.org for linux arm. I will likely just show a warning when it fails (on arm) to avoid repeating the same thing every day here.
Thx´s enen92 for your work

happy new year
(2015-01-03, 16:55)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's a solution by the user not by the addon Sad We (me and a friend) have been reversing the code, getting the symbols and trying to find a way to integrate the new libsc.so into kodi/p2p-streams. We are almost there but it is a bit buggy yet for a proof of concept. But the chances of getting it to work are high though.

Sounds great Big Grin