Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Android Smile
You probably have moved the userdata folder to a different location and so the addon can't detect your app id. For plexus I'll add a way of adding the app id manually.
Enen is Plexus days or weeks away? Cool
(2015-04-21, 18:00)tedbaker Wrote: [ -> ]Enen is Plexus days or weeks away? Cool

I don't know, I don't like to give ETA's. Week(s) probably. There are a lot of platforms that should be able to run as a server.
In addition I'm also working on this one at the same time:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216044&page=13
(2015-04-21, 18:03)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-21, 18:00)tedbaker Wrote: [ -> ]Enen is Plexus days or weeks away? Cool

I don't know, I don't like to give ETA's. Week(s) probably. There are a lot of platforms that should be able to run as a server.

Subscribed!
(2015-04-21, 18:03)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks enen. We all appreciate your work!
I'm getting "Torrent is invalid" error when I click AceStreams in SportsDevil.

Mac/Kodi

I installed p2pstreams
p2p-streams, advanced tools menu, how to change settings in "Live buffer" and "VOD buffer"

I have p2p-streams installed in Kodibuntu on 64-bit PC and also on OpenELEC on 64-bit laptop.

On both above installations, when I open p2p-streams and click "Advanced tools menu" I noticed all the "Acestream engine settings" have gone, including...

Clean engine cache
Cachefolder location
Live buffer
VOD buffer
Download limit
Upload limit
Max number of connections per stream

I saw somewhere that this is a known bug, is this correct? is there any way to modify these settings using terminal like putty? I'm not too technical but can use terminal if someone can give me the directory path. Can I use nano command?

Regards,

Hugh
(2015-04-22, 01:47)utuxia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting "Torrent is invalid" error when I click AceStreams.

Mac/Kodi

I installed p2pstreams

Read: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-Ko...figuration

Also read the forum rules, sportsdevil is a banned subject here.
(2015-04-22, 16:33)parker.hugh Wrote: [ -> ]p2p-streams, advanced tools menu, how to change settings in "Live buffer" and "VOD buffer"

I have p2p-streams installed in Kodibuntu on 64-bit PC and also on OpenELEC on 64-bit laptop.

On both above installations, when I open p2p-streams and click "Advanced tools menu" I noticed all the "Acestream engine settings" have gone, including...

Clean engine cache
Cachefolder location
Live buffer
VOD buffer
Download limit
Upload limit

I saw somewhere that this is a known bug, is this correct? is there any way to modify these settings using terminal like putty? I'm not too technical but can use terminal if someone can give me the directory path. Can I use nano command?

Regards,

Hugh

Yes, known bug due to the cache folder...
ssh into your box and remove both .ACEStream folder and the userdata of the addon. Re-enter again and it should be fixed:

PHP Code:
rm -/storage/.ACEStream
rm 
-/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams 
(2015-04-22, 16:48)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-22, 16:33)parker.hugh Wrote: [ -> ]p2p-streams, advanced tools menu, how to change settings in "Live buffer" and "VOD buffer"

Clean engine cache
Cachefolder location
Live buffer
VOD buffer
Download limit
Upload limit

Regards,

Hugh

Yes, known bug due to the cache folder...
ssh into your box and remove both .ACEStream folder and the userdata of the addon. Re-enter again and it should be fixed:

PHP Code:
rm -/storage/.ACEStream
rm 
-/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams 

Thanks for quick reply, I did as you suggested, I checked they were deleted ok, but when I rebooted, the Advanced tools menu is still missing, not sure what's wrong, any idea?
You need to start one acestream before the settings file is created I think. So remove both folder, re-start the addon, start an acestream and only after that go to the advanced tools menu
(2015-04-22, 17:32)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to start one acestream before the settings file is created I think. So remove both folder, re-start the addon, start an acestream and only after that go to the advanced tools menu

Thanks for your prompt reply, I started an acestream and then checked and the advanced tools menu is there.

do you have any advice on what the recommended settings for VOD and Live buffer are? I read somewhere the following is best.....

VOD Buffer - 10
Live Buffer - 30
Disk Cache Limit - 3

What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help on this, it is much appreciated.

EDIT, I noticed that when I navigate out and then back in to advanced tools menu, the settings disappear again, do you know if the changes I made to the settings are still there but just not displayed in the application?
Its a bug with the cache folder. The settings are still stored but the addon can't find the file. The code for that part is really shitty so the bug is hard to fix.

The file is /storage/.ACEStream/playerconf.pickle
(2015-04-22, 22:17)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Its a bug with the cache folder. The settings are still stored but the addon can't find the file. The code for that part is really shitty so the bug is hard to fix.

Once again, thanks for the info, much appreciated, I had a look at the file....

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.ACEStream # nano playerconf.pickle
  GNU nano 2.4.0           File: playerconf.pickle

(dp0
S'total_max_upload_rate'
p1
I0
sS'download_dir'
p2
V/storage/.ACEStream/cache/.acestream_cache
p3
sS'total_max_download_rate'
p4
I0
sS'disk_cache_limit'
p5
L19618422784L
sS'ad_storage_limit'
p6
L1073741824L
sS'max_peers'
p7
                               [ Read 21 lines ]

... but couldn't find anything that says VOD or Live Buffer, am I missing something?
(2015-04-22, 23:54)parker.hugh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-22, 22:17)enen92 Wrote: [ -> ]Its a bug with the cache folder. The settings are still stored but the addon can't find the file. The code for that part is really shitty so the bug is hard to fix.

Once again, thanks for the info, much appreciated, I had a look at the file....

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.ACEStream # nano playerconf.pickle
  GNU nano 2.4.0           File: playerconf.pickle

(dp0
S'total_max_upload_rate'
p1
I0
sS'download_dir'
p2
V/storage/.ACEStream/cache/.acestream_cache
p3
sS'total_max_download_rate'
p4
I0
sS'disk_cache_limit'
p5
L19618422784L
sS'ad_storage_limit'
p6
L1073741824L
sS'max_peers'
p7
                               [ Read 21 lines ]

... but couldn't find anything that says VOD or Live Buffer, am I missing something?

The data you posted isn't complete. I believe it's there. Here's mine:
http://pastebin.com/id0kF5Pr