Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Horizon - Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-14, 01:54)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]I know about pressing left from the side blade to see the fanart - I was the one who suggested a way to view the fanart unencumbered. Smile What I am talking about now is an option to hide black, semi-transparent 'panel' that displays in the background behind the movie description and landscape/cover art - so that the fanart better shows. So, for example, in the media info view, both the movie list and movie description/flags would have the same level of transparency between them and the fanart. Titan has this option and it is quite a nice one to have - really helps make the view look cleaner, imo.

Yeah I thought it was you who suggested it, that's why I was a bit confused by your question. But now I understand what you mean. This shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll look at it later today -- I'll keep you posted Smile
Jurialmunkey:

if you select discart in showcase viewtype it will not display logo when you browse through movie collections. Can you add a condition to display logo in movie sets regardless of what option you selected?

thanks in advance
@Edworld - should be fixed now Smile
Hi Jurialmunkey, this has to be my favourite skin and I've been through a lot! I mentioned earlier about trying to open a video addon (release hub) which works fine on any other skin but just shows an empty screen on horizon, can't open the left menu, can't change view type, it's just an empty screen, the name appears at the top of the screen and the number of items, and page numbers etc but nothing else... however when I open the very next Addon, for a split second the menu of (release hub) is there on screen... Many thanks!
(2017-08-14, 08:52)Iadalazzhr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurialmunkey, this has to be my favourite skin and I've been through a lot! I mentioned earlier about trying to open a video addon (release hub) which works fine on any other skin but just shows an empty screen on horizon, can't open the left menu, can't change view type, it's just an empty screen, the name appears at the top of the screen and the number of items, and page numbers etc but nothing else... however when I open the very next Addon, for a split second the menu of (release hub) is there on screen... Many thanks!

Yeah sorry that add-on is clearly a piracy add-on so it is banned. Also, from a quick google it appears it doesn't work with Estuary either. For some reason the add-on author has decided to set Container.Content to a non standard value called "Main View" and this breaks a tonne of stuff. Take it up with the add-on author. I can't do anything about people who make shit add-ons that do broken things.

EDIT: I've added a check for nonstandard container content anyway as I probably should have an additional check just in case new content types do get added down the road.
Thanks a ton! Been a fan of your skins since Eminence, and this is equally great! It's almost unassuming, but very, very functional Smile

Well done!
(2017-08-14, 03:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14, 01:54)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]I know about pressing left from the side blade to see the fanart - I was the one who suggested a way to view the fanart unencumbered. Smile What I am talking about now is an option to hide black, semi-transparent 'panel' that displays in the background behind the movie description and landscape/cover art - so that the fanart better shows. So, for example, in the media info view, both the movie list and movie description/flags would have the same level of transparency between them and the fanart. Titan has this option and it is quite a nice one to have - really helps make the view look cleaner, imo.

Yeah I thought it was you who suggested it, that's why I was a bit confused by your question. But now I understand what you mean. This shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll look at it later today -- I'll keep you posted Smile

Awesome! Thanks!

EDIT: While you are in there, how about adding a separate, yet similar option to hide the semi-transparent panel on the header (where the time/date displays). Smile
Great looking skin, I may actually change from Aeon Nox.
Is it possible, I'm sure it is, to have the Logo in the movie name place ?
I mean where the name it white appears, not where the disc artwork appears.
Jurilamunkey:

If I select movie sets, click on it, in displays the movies on list view. I change to showcase and then open another movie set, and I am back to list view.

It is possible that it could my Kodi install...
(2017-08-14, 22:30)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurilamunkey:

If I select movie sets, click on it, in displays the movies on list view. I change to showcase and then open another movie set, and I am back to list view.

Mine does this too. I am pretty sure this is the way Kodi works, pretty sure it isn't a skin issue, as I see this behavior in other skins as well. It would be nice to be able to set a view and apply it to all sets.
(2017-08-14, 12:28)KarmaMole Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a ton! Been a fan of your skins since Eminence, and this is equally great! It's almost unassuming, but very, very functional Smile
Well done!
Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

(2017-08-14, 14:00)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: While you are in there, how about adding a separate, yet similar option to hide the semi-transparent panel on the header (where the time/date displays). Smile
There are some problems with hiding the header panel because of the scroll bar and a few other things that the shadow line masks.

(2017-08-14, 16:52)homerjs Wrote: [ -> ]Great looking skin, I may actually change from Aeon Nox.
Is it possible, I'm sure it is, to have the Logo in the movie name place ?
I mean where the name it white appears, not where the disc artwork appears.
Thanks.

Yeah I've tried this in the past, but I find the clearlogos to be too inconsistent in sizing and padding to get it to look right.

(2017-08-14, 22:55)foghat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14, 22:30)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurilamunkey:

Mine does this too. I am pretty sure this is the way Kodi works, pretty sure it isn't a skin issue, as I see this behavior in other skins as well. It would be nice to be able to set a view and apply it to all sets.

Yeah it's Kodi issue. Kodi is supposed to remember what views are what, but it doesn't always work. That's why I have the lock view option in the side blade -- it locks that viewtype to that particular content type. Though that isn't always a solution as sometimes you want a different view for inside sets compared to your main library (e.g. might want showcase inside the set, but the wall for main library).

I think if you delete ViewModes*.db in userdata/Database whilst Kodi is closed it should reset the view mode database giving you a clean slate for setting them,
(2017-08-14, 08:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld - should be fixed now Smile

Can't get it to work. If I click on display discart, unclick display logo, it will not display logo when browsing through movie sets - showcase view.

I also noticed that you changed the way you are blurring, like the prior version better
Possible to add file size beside filename on info screen? With paths and filenames varying perhaps have it first then the filename. http://i.magaimg.net/img/15yb.png
(2017-08-15, 04:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-14, 08:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld - should be fixed now Smile

Can't get it to work. If I click on display discart, unclick display logo, it will not display logo when browsing through movie sets - showcase view.

I also noticed that you changed the way you are blurring, like the prior version better

Oh, I see what you are saying. I don't see how that makes any sense though. Why should the logo display if the option to display logos is disabled? If you have both options enabled, discart will be preferred over logos for non-set items anyway, so why not just enable both options?

Also, I didn't change anything about how I was blurring things... What do you think changed?

(2017-08-15, 05:05)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]Possible to add file size beside filename on info screen? With paths and filenames varying perhaps have it first then the filename. http://i.magaimg.net/img/15yb.png

Added.
In the video OSD, I'm not getting any video info icons ie 1080p logo, DTS logo, etc...

Sent from my LG-H815