Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Horizon - Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

I would like to make my most sincere compliments for this magnificent skin to their creators, an unparalleled and very eye-catching look.
For that matter I did not find any problems of any kind works great!
Congratulations keep doing this...
(2017-07-09, 05:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 04:37)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey,

tvshows showing same ratings regardless of show with the exception of imdb

If its rottentomatoes/metacritic etc., then its something to do with skin helper.

fuse doesn't display tvshow ratings other than imdb
(2017-07-09, 08:07)mystik Wrote: [ -> ]Now that we have a larger plot field available, I am noticing something. This may not be with the skin at all. Perhaps it's with the addon...or maybe even the info source (I don't know), but I thought I would run it by you just to be sure. What I have noticed is with movies, the plot is cut off way before the room available (with the ... as if it ran out of room). It seems this does not happen with TV shows/episodes. Is this from the skin side of things, the addon side, or somewhere else?

This is probably already on your to-do list, but just to be sure.. The widgets need some attention. The ability to remove properly (I know you can set to blank/none, and then nothing will show there, but having blanks in the middle of other items is quite odd), rename without re-assigning the widget also, and move up/down would be good there.

When the video is paused, the text at the bottom of the screen is very small. I saw somewhere in the settings where it said something like "enable this if you need glasses to see this text". I don't have that in front of me at the moment, but I don't think that's what it was about. Is there an easy way to make that a bit bigger without causing an issue with text in other places? (I certainly wouldn't want to make the text bigger for the plot and decrease the benefit I've been trying to get, ha, and I know there are space issues in other areas too).

Thanks!
I don't see any plot being truncated, so likely either whatever add-on or whatever scraper you are using for your info. Plot wouldn't be truncated by the skin anyway as it is a textbox not a label control and only label controls truncate strings that are too long.

There is no sane feasible way that I can see at the moment that would allow for widgets to be moved up/down without something being written into the skin shortcuts script to allow such. I am looking into a method to allow renaming of widgets.

I'll look at making an option to make the progress bar text larger.

(2017-07-09, 12:55)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurialmunkey, I've just installed your new skin and I have to say is really great, thanks for your dedication.
I'm trying to add new items in the main menu using the Customize Main Menu dialog, but I can't see the way to add more items, I only be able to modify the current ones. There is no the + simbol anywhere in this dialog, or at least I can't find it.

Do you have 12 items in your menu? The menu is currently limited to 12 items because having more than that causes crashes due to the number of widgets available ---
8 widgets + 1 categories widget per 12 menu items = 108 widgets.
Increasing to say 20 menu items means there are 180 widgets created.
This puts massive strain on the cpu and causes a bunch of crashes. Plus, once there are more items than space on the menu, I then have to use a different compare method to check which menu item is focused - this other compare method is more inefficient and causes an even greater strain.
(2017-07-09, 16:24)Kyo* Wrote: [ -> ]Hi:

I would like to make my most sincere compliments for this magnificent skin to their creators, an unparalleled and very eye-catching look.
For that matter I did not find any problems of any kind works great!
Congratulations keep doing this...
Thanks Big Grin

(2017-07-09, 16:37)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 05:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 04:37)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]jurialmunkey,
tvshows showing same ratings regardless of show with the exception of imdb
If its rottentomatoes/metacritic etc., then its something to do with skin helper.
fuse doesn't display tvshow ratings other than imdb

Both skins use exactly the same code for the ratings flags, so there shouldn't be an difference between them. Where are we talking about? Videoinfo from the home screen or the library? Or in an infolist/showcase view?
(2017-07-09, 12:55)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]Hi jurialmunkey, I've just installed your new skin and I have to say is really great, thanks for your dedication.
I'm trying to add new items in the main menu using the Customize Main Menu dialog, but I can't see the way to add more items, I only be able to modify the current ones. There is no the + simbol anywhere in this dialog, or at least I can't find it.

Do you have 12 items in your menu? The menu is currently limited to 12 items because having more than that causes crashes due to the number of widgets available ---
8 widgets + 1 categories widget per 12 menu items = 108 widgets.
Increasing to say 20 menu items means there are 180 widgets created.
This puts massive strain on the cpu and causes a bunch of crashes. Plus, once there are more items than space on the menu, I then have to use a different compare method to check which menu item is focused - this other compare method is more inefficient and causes an even greater strain.

That was exactly the reason, I came from another skin where I had 14 items in the main menu.
I've just deleted some of them and now it works!

Thanks for the tip.

Quick question, are you going to add support for Games?
How do I get both imdb and rotten tomatoes rating to show?

OK so for anyone else looking I got it to show by installing the latest version of skin helper service from marcelveldt repo.
Hey jurialmunkey, I've just switched to this awesome skin. I am wondering, how do I get to the side bar menu while using a remote control in the PVR TV Guide screen? If I push left (the direction of the bar) it naturally just scrolls the EPG data backwards. Thanks for any help you can offer here. Smile
(2017-07-09, 20:18)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurialmunkey, I've just switched to this awesome skin. I am wondering, how do I get to the side bar menu while using a remote control in the PVR TV Guide screen? If I push left (the direction of the bar) it naturally just scrolls the EPG data backwards. Thanks for any help you can offer here. Smile

If it's just to get your groups to show up you can set a key to SendClick(28) or set a key to NextChannelGroup. I think SetFocus(9000) still opens sideblade but i've tried and i get nothing
(2017-07-09, 18:36)ferent Wrote: [ -> ]That was exactly the reason, I came from another skin where I had 14 items in the main menu.
I've just deleted some of them and now it works!

Thanks for the tip.
Quick question, are you going to add support for Games?
Do you mean the new stuff in Leia for Games, or through Advanced Launcher?
I don't usually do changes for new kodi versions until the RC is out, or at least until the Beta.

(2017-07-09, 21:10)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-09, 20:18)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurialmunkey, I've just switched to this awesome skin. I am wondering, how do I get to the side bar menu while using a remote control in the PVR TV Guide screen? If I push left (the direction of the bar) it naturally just scrolls the EPG data backwards. Thanks for any help you can offer here. Smile
If it's just to get your groups to show up you can set a key to SendClick(28) or set a key to NextChannelGroup. I think SetFocus(9000) still opens sideblade but i've tried and i get nothing

Side menu id is 300 not 9000, so it needs to be SetFocus(300) for this skin.
Also, I just fixed it so that the "Menu" command should work properly now to open up the side blade, so you can also map a key to that if you want (by default it is "M" on the keyboard).
Guys, install this addon for new genre icons. I'll be updating it with new ones, for music/movies/tvshows.

https://github.com/Swageroni/resource.im...ns.horizon
jurialmunkey - can you add multiline widget support.
I'm use kodi on Android TV with Titan skin. But Horizon looks nice and I want switch to it. But my mine scenario, that start Kodi and see all my content in one poster wall, choise something and start play.

My collection has below structure:
Movies and Cartoons - all films in one folder
TV Shows - different series in different folders.
Home video of my family.

I was create some filters by content type and set that filters in side menu:
Movies - one multiline widget as wall of poster and tiny plot with description. Click to poster start playback.
Cartoons - two multiline widgets with applied filter for animatioan, child and family genre.
-- Full size cartoons
-- animation series and short
Home - one multiline widget with thumb preview of video. Very heavy for my TV, thumbs generates more that 15 minutes, long list to complex scroll. By I use that Smile

With any other skin, exclude Titan I can't create those scenario of use.
@jurialmunkey would you consider adding the ability to get to the add-on settings within an opened add-on via the side bar / blade. Estuary does this and it makes getting into the add-on settings very quickly instead of having to back all the way out of the add-on to bring the context menu up.
(2017-07-10, 13:07)Verter Wrote: [ -> ]can you add multiline widget support.
I already answered a request for this on this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614721

(2017-07-10, 13:28)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey would you consider adding the ability to get to the add-on settings within an opened add-on via the side bar / blade. Estuary does this and it makes getting into the add-on settings very quickly instead of having to back all the way out of the add-on to bring the context menu up.
What a great idea. Added. Thanks for the suggestion! Smile
Is the current video playlist suppose to have the shows poster or episode thumbnail on the left? Seems like of lot of empty space
If it doesn't can it have a view like Infolist so when you open the playlist while watching something you can get some info on what's up next, just having episode names doesn't really give you much info
@komplex -- whoops, no that is a bug. I hardly ever use video playlists -- I only tested with a music playlist and forgot to test with a video one. Should be fixed now. Added infolist2 as the video playlist view.