Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TubeCast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
On Kodi 19 it works. But it uses Tubed addon, which throws error message "quota exceeded". Every time that popup appears, then playback is fine.

How to disable "quota exceeded" message from Tubed addon? I can't uninstall or disable Tubed, because it's apparently required for Tubecast to work.
(2021-04-10, 17:18)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]On Kodi 19 it works. But it uses Tubed addon, which throws error message "quota exceeded". Every time that popup appears, then playback is fine.

How to disable "quota exceeded" message from Tubed addon? I can't uninstall or disable Tubed, because it's apparently required for Tubecast to work.

The developer stated on "Tubed" topic in this forum:

"Quota Exceeded
I will hopefully have time tonight/tomorrow to submit a quota request. Not sure how long this will take, or what the outcome will be. I will try to keep the status updated."

So this is not a Tubecast problem but a Tubed problem, well not really, it's a youtube policy problem and the developer is working on it.
It stopped working with youtube version 16.22.35
(2021-06-12, 14:51)ivanich8 Wrote: [ -> ]It stopped working with youtube version 16.22.35

TubeCast requires the Tubed addon and not Youtube. Can you be clearer?
In my case it does not work at all. Device is visible, but YouTube is unable to connect
(2021-06-12, 20:08)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]In my case it does not work at all. Device is visible, but YouTube is unable to connect
Looking at the log files and more information about the system would be very helpful. I just tested on a RPI4 running Libreelec 9.95.4 (TubeCast 1.4.6 + Tubed 1.03) and works flawlessly (not counting the "quota exceed" annoyance).
(2021-06-12, 14:51)ivanich8 Wrote: [ -> ]It stopped working with youtube version 16.22.35

Same for me, works if I downgrade the android youtube app, stops working if I update it to 16.22.35.
On android youtube app it just shows connecting but never connects, in the logs these are the last lines printed:

logs
i can corroborate this. Libreelec 9.2.7 (Kodi 18), no connect with youtube 16.22.35, works with 16.20.36.
(2021-06-13, 18:55)Bobbert Wrote: [ -> ]

Same for me, works if I downgrade the android youtube app, stops working if I update it to 16.22.35.
On android youtube app it just shows connecting but never connects, in the logs these are the last lines printed:

logs

Yes I can confirm. It seems Google has changed something in protocol and Cast V1 is not supported anymore. So, need to switch to newer standard. I've also tried with code generated by addon (pair with tv code option), but youtube app on Android refuses generated code.
(2021-06-15, 20:55)RManPT Wrote: [ -> ]An issue was created in the repository

Go and up vote it

Voted. But, looking at commits history, it seems this addon is abandoned, last commit 6 months ago
(2021-06-17, 15:21)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-06-15, 20:55)RManPT Wrote: [ -> ]An issue was created in the repository

Go and up vote it

Voted. But, looking at commits history, it seems this addon is abandoned, last commit 6 months ago

Well it was working fine, maybe that's why there were no changes. It was updated for Matrix so it suggest the dev is still maintaining it. Also the dev is active on git so I hope he will take a look into. Anyway it is more likely for him to see our "complaints" there than here Smile

Hope he can make it compatible with the current chromecast version, this addon is quite useful.
That addon does not use Chromecast and it will never be. It uses old cast api. Google has been started to messing around with it, there's a chance Google is going to remove it and Chromecast will be the only cast option.
there's a fix mentioned in the issue. i applied that to my kodi 18 system, which enabled connecting, but when i try to play a video, tubecast reports "no stream found".

Update: that was actually the youtube plugin's fault.
All fixes already in pull requests, so waiting merges.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9