Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transponder.TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2018-10-03, 21:55)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Releasing tonight or tomorrow, plugin features DVR support and EPG guide...
 Excellent news. Thank you Lunatixz.
where can i find it mate?
(2018-10-04, 13:30)kirkydman Wrote: [ -> ]where can i find it mate?
 It's not released yet but I presume based on what Lunatixz said last night that it will be out within the next 24 hours. You'll find it in the Official Kodi repo when it is out.
oh i presumed it would be in his own repo
Is this UK only?
(2018-10-04, 15:28)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]Is this UK only?

Just the opposite - from their Terms & Conditions

Geographic Location
•The use of this service is not permitted within the United Kingdom.
•The use of this service is not permitted in such areas where use may otherwise be restricted by regional law.

Within the UK there's TVCatchUp.com, outside the UK that redirects to transponder. It does however just offer UK (Freeview) channels.
(2018-10-04, 16:47)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-04, 15:28)locoguano Wrote: [ -> ]Is this UK only?

Just the opposite - from their Terms & Conditions

Geographic Location
•The use of this service is not permitted within the United Kingdom.
•The use of this service is not permitted in such areas where use may otherwise be restricted by regional law.

Within the UK there's TVCatchUp.com, outside the UK that redirects to transponder. It does however just offer UK (Freeview) channels. 
 However, the service is not geo-blocked within the United Kingdom. In fact all these channels have been on TVCatchup for 2+ years, just 'hidden', a lot of them were in rayw's Freeview add-on. It looks like TVCatchup are using Transponder.tv as a legal loophole to broadcast these channels and are taking no active steps to stop those within the UK from using the service (in the same way USTVNow is meant for American citizens living outside of the United States, but doesn't geoblock those within the USA). So, for now, everyone can enjoy this service. Smile
Whenever I've run a TVCatchUp add-on (any of the versions) I've never seen the "hidden" channels when in the UK, only the limited selection that you see directly on their website.

Quite why that may be I have no idea, I just recall it as it's somewhat frustrating at times. I'll do some more testing on this one I think, as it could be useful.
This will indeed be a very useful add-on. I have a DVB-T and DVB-S card in my HTPC for Freeview and FreeSat, but the signal in my area is a little shoddy. I'll be able to fill in the 'gaps' with this add-on, and thanks to being able to use add-ons in IPTV Simple Client from Kodi 18, have them all in one guide. Smile

As always, thanks to the hard word from Team Kodi and Lunatixz for making my life that little easier.
Working great and thank you for putting this together so quickly after all the recent website changes to TvCatchup website. Cool
(2018-10-06, 15:15)bandit1369 Wrote: [ -> ]Working great and thank you for putting this together so quickly after all the recent website changes to TvCatchup website. Cool
 Glad you're enjoying it... If you have any ideas for improving the plugin, feel free to let me know.
I think this is a promising service, still developing as i understand from the website.

I subscribed and tested dvr functionality, which has great potential imho.

I did not expect much, but waddayaknow, my scheduled program appeared in ‘recordings’ section after airing. Logged on via the website to learn that one recording took 125% of available space.

Tested deletion of the recording from the addon. Says it succesfully deleted it, but it does not. Login through website and delete works.

I will be following development, as i find this a really great service and..well..i really like your addons in general @Lunatixz Wink
Big respect to Lunatix for this addon, lets hope it lasts
How do you schedule recordings. On website you click on recording in guide but I can,t figure it out on the addon.

Thanks
@Lunatixz you are a hero
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9