Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transponder.TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ref previous post, went back to rpi3 b+ to play around with number of days EPG setting within transponder.tv addon.  It was set to 2 and guess what, I set it to 1 day and then guide appeared.
Rebooting rpi and trying again and no guide.  Switched on debug and then rebooted device, switched between 1 day to 2 day and guide appeared.

Kodi debug log

Hope this information is additionally helpful.

---edit---This is what should be being presented in Guide (Images from my prepared guide and Transponder.TV web page guide)

@Lunatixz As suggested I Installed and tested Pluto.TV addon on Win10 PC and rpi3 B+ (Guest Account)  Add-on appears to work great on Win10 where I was quickly accessing and playing content from selection within Live list and/or from selection within Guide etc.
Attempting to do same on rpi3 B+ and I cant get any option to do anything, with Kodi GUI interface dropping back to following image almost immediately when attempting to enter each option.  Here is Kodi debug log with debug enabled in Pluto.TV

OK worked issue through for Pluto.TV running on rpi3 b+ and issue appears to be related to existing "strings.po" files end of line characters. (ref info extracted from above kodi debug log)
Code:
DEBUG: POParser: PO file has Win Style Line Endings. Converted in memory to Linux LF for file: /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.plutotv/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb/strings.po
I opened above strings.po file with notepad++ and using the Edit -> EOL Conversion option switched from Windows (CR LF) to Unix (LF) then saved strings.po

On a reboot of rpi3 B+ Pluto.TV add-on is now working exactly same as on Win10 and I can enter Live, Guide options and working well.  Cool

On basis of above, I have also modified Transponder.TV strings.po (as it contains same EOL CR LR structure) to see if improves opening of Guide etc.
@Lunatixz Be aware that Transponder.TV appear to have made changes/update to webpages today and as a consequence Transponder.TV is erroring when attempting to access add-on. (Win10 PC and rpi3B+)   Checking on Rpi3B+ with debug enabled in addon Kodi debug log
I can confirm transponder.tv addon is unable to login to the user account after the site overhaul.
Here's the debug log trying to start the addon: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/hPjr9Qf8kb/
Looks like a massive backend change, probably couldn't have picked a worse time for me with the holidays quickly approaching. I'll see if I could manage some time to update but it's most likely not going to appear within the month...

::Sidenote:: 
Does anyone know of another TVCatchup/Transponder like service using legal BBC feeds? I'd like to move away from supporting Transponder since they moved behind a paywall and don't seem interested in supporting this project.
I have looked around before and all i could find were shady solutions regrettably.

I had a chat with transponder.tv support yesterday and they where quite responsive regarding their service and actually fixed an issue with recordings almost right away.

Unfortunately, they just ignored my suggestion of cooperating with you on the add-on, which baffles me tbh.

It would be a bummer if you would stop supporting it as this is a pretty good option for UK tv.

I really do hope you can find the time and motivation to update, although I can understand why you would choose not to.
Really hoping you do not move away from supporting Transponder.tv as it’s been great to be able to stream a variety of UK TV channels as desired so seamlessly "without any pausing/stuttering of streams" via a Kodi add-on.
I am not aware of another option atm.  As your aware I also contacted Transponder.TV to please get in contact with you, without it seems any success.
Hi i really enjoy transpnder tv, it works great on my browser but it stopped working on my Pi3 running kodi 18.4 on LibreElec OS! I am  not a technical person and need some help! Thanx
@Lunatixz  thanks for all your work, I really hope you'll have the time to work on the addon again after the recent changes. It's a shame that it doesn't work anymore since it was a good reliable service. I hope they will cooperate with you.

If anybody is looking for a similar addon/service I just found World TV, have been testing it for few days, it's not as reliable as Transponder but it's ok for now and has more or less the same uk tv channels, hoping that it will be possible to find a solution soon!
Hi, my Transponder Tv will not load,  error saying something went wrong please check your credentials. Can anyone help fix?
(2019-11-04, 01:09)Murray71 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, my Transponder Tv will not load,  error saying something went wrong please check your credentials. Can anyone help fix?

Unfortunately it doesn't work for anybody anymore. They changed something in the backend and the Kodi addon doesn't work.
So let's just wait and see if a fix comes up.
Transponder.TV has granted me a developer account... When I have available time I'll update to their new backend. No ETA, pls don't ask...
(2019-11-12, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Transponder.TV has granted me a developer account... When I have available time I'll update to their new backend. No ETA, pls don't ask...
Thats very good news. Cool
(2019-11-12, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Transponder.TV has granted me a developer account... When I have available time I'll update to their new backend. No ETA, pls don't ask...
Fantastic!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9