Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Weatherbit.io
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2019-01-16, 11:30)msfc Wrote: [ -> ]...
  1. The maps shown are always for my Location 1 even when my Location 2 is selected and its data is being displayed at the top of the weather display. (I have identical Locations 1 & 2 set in weatherbit and openweathermap.)
  2. ...
I also have a problem with setting a location to San Jose (US). 
I went to settings.xml to put in the lat & long for San Jose and discovered that there was no <Location2deg> entry for the placeholder location I'd used (Santa Clara) for Location 2. Now that I've added a <Location2deg> for San Jose (and changed <Location2> also) I'm seeing the correct maps. I don't know how settings.xml got into the broken state. I've only previously set the location through the add-on settings GUI.
as for 2): the addon uses the temperature unit you've setup in kodi settings:
Settings > Interface > Regional > Temperature unit

also the speed (windspeed) unit can be set in that section, as well as time & date formats.
these will all be used by the addon.
(2019-01-16, 12:48)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]as for 2): the addon uses the temperature unit you've setup in kodi settings:
Settings > Interface > Regional > Temperature unit
 Thank for the fast response and the add-on. I have now got it displaying in celsius.
Thank you for the addon.

I am not succeeding to get weather for two locations.  I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

My kodi.log file is at
https://paste.kodi.tv/yizonubuko.kodi

My settings.xml is
<settings>
    <setting id="API" value="d1c5bfc49db14e1aad1e965f7d6d9b28" />
    <setting id="Debug" value="false" />
    <setting id="LatLon" value="false" />
    <setting id="Location1" value="Reykjavik (IS)" />
    <setting id="Location1deg" value="[&apos;64.146&apos;, &apos;-21.9423&apos;]" />
    <setting id="Location2" value="Ísafjörður (IS)" />
    <setting id="Location2deg" value="[&apos;66.07475&apos;, &apos;-23.13498&apos;]" />
    <setting id="Location3" value="" />
    <setting id="Location3deg" value="" />
    <setting id="Location4" value="" />
    <setting id="Location4deg" value="" />
    <setting id="Location5" value="" />
    <setting id="Location5deg" value="" />
    <setting id="MAPAPI" value="" />
    <setting id="WMaps" value="false" />
    <setting id="Zoom" value="4" />
</settings>

Only Reykjavik (IS) weather is displayed on the screen and in the Weather app.

Ísafjörður was NOT found in the location search in the addon.
Ísafjörður IS recognized at the weatherbit.io web page
I entered Ísafjörður by hand in settings.xml

In a previous test, my second location was Stykkisholmur (IS).
Stykkisholmur WAS found in the location search in the addon.
But still only Reykjavik (IS) weather was displayed.

thanks for any help.
I just tried changing location 2 to Isafjoerdur (IS)
This WAS found by the addon.
But still only Reykjavik (IS) shows up on the screen.
kodi always displays only one location at a time.
there should be a button in the skin you're using to toggle between the various locations.
Hi

I just setup my new Kodi machine and actually have problems runnning this great addon... thanks for developing this.

I have API-Keys for weatherbit.io and openweathermap.org in my settings. Adding locations is working an I get this entries in my "settings.xml"

xml:

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="API">***</setting>
    <setting id="Debug">true</setting>
    <setting id="LatLon">true</setting>
    <setting id="Location1">Cologne (DE)</setting>
    <setting id="Location2">Dresden (DE)</setting>
    <setting id="Location3">Cancun (MX)</setting>
    <setting id="Location4" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="MAPAPI">***</setting>
    <setting id="WMaps" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="Zoom">4</setting>
</settings>

Actually I get errors in GUI and the Log file:
Code:

09:26:42.017 T:140341409974016   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "XXX/.kodi/addons/weather.weatherbit.io/default.py", line 495, in <module>
                                                locationname, locationdeg = geoip()
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Perhaps the issue are the missing lat/long values for the locations, but this should be written after adding them, or am I wrong?
yup, the addon should add both the location name and the lat/long values when you set-up the locations in the addon settings window.
if that doesn't work on your end, please follow these steps:

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 enable logging in the weatherbit.io addon settings
3 restart kodi
4 go to the weather addon settings
5 search for and select a location
6 click 'ok' to save the settings
7 post the entire kodi.log file on https://paste.kodi.tv/ and post the url in this thread
Hi

thnkas for the fast response... yesterday I played around a little bit with my second KODI Box (LibreElec 8.95.3-BETA) and encountered the same issue there:

https://paste.kodi.tv/eyihepihuj.kodi

Thanks and best regards!
thanx a bunch for the logfile, that helped me verify the addon is at least doing what it's supposed to do.

the problem remain the addon is saving the settings, but they don't show up in the settings.xml file.
not sure why, but perhaps kodi doesn't have permission to write to that file?
that could happen for instance if you've manually edited the file in the past...
mind checking the file permissions?
@ronie
I notice same thing, this is Kodi Bug......try to delete "setting.xml" from addon_data/weather.weatherbit.io (this behavior are same for all addons)
Start Kodi, weatherbit.io will show old info but in addon_data/weather.weatherbit.io missing settings.xml.
New settings.xml will be writen only if you change some values from dialog addon, in old version of kodi, settings.xml was writen new at starting of Addon if that part was missing.

Now with newest version windows Kodi, some addon have populated all mine log every sec.
Code:
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: loading setting definitions
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: loading setting values
I don't want to put bug info in your thread but this bug is for all addon, and only you have ears to hear global problem.
Tnx for listening our problem Smile
(2019-02-01, 21:03)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]@ronie
I notice same thing, this is Kodi Bug......try to delete "setting.xml" from addon_data/weather.weatherbit.io (this behavior are same for all addons)
Start Kodi, weatherbit.io will show old info but in addon_data/weather.weatherbit.io missing settings.xml.
New settings.xml will be writen only if you change some values from dialog addon, in old version of kodi, settings.xml was writen new at starting of Addon if that part was missing.

when no settings.xml file is present, kodi will load the default values from the settings file included in the addon.
i don't really see the benefit of saving a settings.xml to addon_data if you haven't changed any setting....
(2019-02-01, 21:03)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]Now with newest version windows Kodi, some addon have populated all mine log every sec.
Code:
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: loading setting definitions
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
19:56:34.201 T:5656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[[color=#e74c3c]some_addon[/color]]: loading setting values
yeah, the logging is currently a bit much. the kodi devs added some additional logging for addon settings, since a lot of changes have been made in kodi 18 regarding those settings.
it gives the developers the ability to check if everything is working properly.
i'm sure in future kodi versions the logging of addon settings stuff will be limited to a minimum again.
Hi, I checked it again... by removing everything and adding the addon again and then configure it with the UI...
After adding a location it will be added in the setings file, but the lat/long is missing... By the way, I am using Libreelec and Ubuntu 18.04 and with both systems it is the same behaviour?!?!
Maybe I can try to add the missing line by hand... lets see ;-)
So, after starting again and adding Cologne DE I ended up with the same settings.xml file... But this time I wrote down the lat/lon showed during the add... then I added the following line to the settings.xml:
    <setting id="Location1">Cologne (DE)</setting>
    <setting id="Location1deg" default="true">[&apos;50.9384&apos;, &apos;6.96&apos;]</setting>

Now it works... But, after adding a second location and saving the Location1deg is gone again :-(
I see similar problems with settings.xml file using the openweathermap extended add on.

But my reason for posting, is this add on available for v18? Not seeing it in the repo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12