Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2019-11-10, 00:36)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Grizzlie,

You just need to set up scenes for each action. For example, use the official Hue app to set up the lights like you would like them when a movie starts. In the addon, select "Create Scene" and choose the lights that should be saved and give it a name like "Play". Under video actions, under play, select your new scene. Repeat for pause and stop. By default ambilight and music are turned off so you don't need to do anything for those.

Hope this helps!
I successfully set the scenes. Thanks for your help Smile
Hi i tried your plug-in. I have tried a couple plug in's for hue. Yours has the best colour matching but when I enable the plugin my video(my TV)  flickers. I tried upping the frame size and ms.. but it still flickers. 
With other plug-in's it doesn't seem to flicker Sad.

Any suggestions?
Hi @thekow 

You're the first person to report that problem so I'm not sure what could be causing it. What version and what type of device are you using?
Hi,

I use the option to enable only after sunset. However it looks like it doesn’t work until well after sunset. Is it possible the hue bridge has the sunset times for my region wrong?
Hi,

Yes, the addon uses the sunset time from the bridge so it's probably the problem. If you use the official hue app and go into advanced, you can double check that it has the correct location. There's also an option to change the adjust the sunset time, so that might be affecting it as well.
(2019-12-02, 14:01)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @thekow 

You're the first person to report that problem so I'm not sure what could be causing it. What version and what type of device are you using?

tried an old kodi hue plug in and it works fine when i switch to yours it flickers. Which is a shame because i like the plugin.
Adjusting the frame size adjusts the flicker rate. Running 4k 60hz screen but most played at 1080p .

Ubuntu 18.04 with kodi 18.4. i7 3790k i think. Connecting to hue strip. I can upload a video of it doing it if you like?
Yeah a video might be helpful to get a better idea of what's happening. Logs might be helpful too. What does it say under average processing time, and what settings are you using for interval, transition and capture size? Does it flicker at the same rate as the interval? For example if you put the interval to one second does it flicker once per second? Also, can you try 1080p output instead of 4k? I don't have a 4k setup so have never tested that.
Hello,
thanks for the great app. Is it possible to get back to the last colour setting before ambilight starts? Current when i stop playing the colour stops with the last video colour scene. Last question is how the ambilight works with music. When i play spotify or music from my local library nothing happens.
Hi @tehax 

The idea was that you can use the stop or pause scenes to change the lights to whatever you want when video playback ends. I could look into saving the light state when it starts and resumes it when it ends but it would only be for the ones selected under Ambilight, not for any others.  I'll think about it and see if I can add that in the future.

As for music, it only works with the scenes, not Ambilight. If you create a scene for music playback and configure it under music it should just activate that scene when you start music. Kodi doesn't offer a way to capture sound except for music visualization plugins which is beyond what I can do and would need to be a separate plugin anyways. That said I personally never use Kodi for music so if that's what you're trying and it's not working, let me know. I haven't tested it much.
(2019-12-05, 23:09)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]As for music, it only works with the scenes, not Ambilight. If you create a scene for music playback and configure it under music it should just activate that scene when you start music. Kodi doesn't offer a way to capture sound except for music visualization plugins which is beyond what I can do and would need to be a separate plugin anyways. That said I personally never use Kodi for music so if that's what you're trying and it's not working, let me know. I haven't tested it much.
Thanks for explaining. Do you think about to use the ambilight with two different left and right lights and not only one for the screen?
I just finished working on an implementation to resume the state after ambilight is stopped. You can find the option under the ambilight settings. I haven't tested it yet but if you would like to try it out early, the dev version is here. You just need to manually install the .zip 
(2019-12-07, 18:22)tehax Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for explaining. Do you think about to use the ambilight with two different left and right lights and not only one for the screen? 

I have thought about it but its a large amount of work and I don't know how many people would have the same light setup. It would be more worthwhile if I can figure out a more flexible way to do it that would support a different number of lights & setups. I'm also worried about performance; it would make the algorithm that decides the colours that much more complicated since it would have to split up screen areas and calculate multiple colours. It's not in the plan for now but maybe in the future
Great, it works very well  Smile Also very nice the setting for transition time.
Please keep in mind the multiple screen option. I think for me on windows system i have enough cpu power to use it Wink
Awesome, I've updated the repo with this version
(2019-12-08, 17:01)Snapcase Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, I've updated the repo with this version

Thanks for your super plugin, I also used a very old plugin until recently. Your plugin works very well, but how can I set which lamp in ambilight mode serves which side? I read here in the forum that you implemented this feature. My suggestion would be that your plugin has a parameter where you can set the number of illuminated pages. This means that every user has to ensure the appropriate performance. Super plugin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Markus
Hi

I haven't actually implemented that yet after all. There are new setting UI options for scripts and plugins coming with Kodi 19, that may help to create a config UI that's not too confusing. Kodi 19 is still missing some important stuff so I can't work on it yet. It's going to be lot of work to get the algorithm to work with multiple light setups so I don't think it will be any time soon. 

But in the meantime maybe you can tell me what kind of light setups you have in mind (eg. left & right, top and bottom... ). If I get more feedback from people it will help give me a better idea what would be useful and give me ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24