Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
sIRwa2 Wrote:you need a third party tools to make a keyboard bind to start the xbmc.exe like nvidia display drivers can. then program a remote key with the correct key combo.

you dont need a 3rd party app to make key combos, just create a shortcut on the desktop, right-click into properties, and there's a key shortcut field right there.
can anyone recommend a good BT dongle for use with VISTA?
The one I have works great with my mouse keyboard and PS3 remote, but dies everytime I suspend / resume and I have to unplug then replug it every time.
If anyone can recommend a brand of dongle that still works after resuming from S3 state I would REALLY appreciate it!

thanks
Hello!

How is the battery time coming?
Given that you forget to shut it off?
Sorry, been REALLY busy recently guys. Hoping to get some time to finish off v2 soon.
Really looking forward to it. Keep the good work up Smile
I was searching for another windows driver for the ps3 remote because I am tired of taking the batteries out after every use and ran across this thread.
I use this driver along side HotKeyz to launch XBMC, Boxee, MediaPortal and MCE and change the keymappings with a key press.
Thanks for the Hard work, looking forward to an update.
Ok maybe I'm retarded but XP doesn't seem to give me a chance to pair without using a passcode. I've read over and over people have gotten it to work in xp by accident and I can't do it at all. Can anyone tell me either how to pair without a code in xp... (its not add bt device, click dont use a passkey cause I dont get that prompt) or the passkey to the remote. Thanks.
Quote:(its not add bt device, click dont use a passkey cause I dont get that prompt)

the option to "dont use a passkey" is in vista only i think, When you get to the point were you have to enter a key, just leave the field open.

if you "mess" with any of your bt drivers or so , this "unstable system" aint getting better.

somehow im at the point that i lost connection between the bt drivers and cheetha's app.

re-install i guess, might even have to re-install xp.
Installed the app, but as soon as I run it it immediately errors out.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click Ok to terminate the application".

I'm running 32 bit XP, freshly installed. Any ideas?
wurz Wrote:Installed the app, but as soon as I run it it immediately errors out.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click Ok to terminate the application".

I'm running 32 bit XP, freshly installed. Any ideas?

I got that error as well. You need to install the .net 2.0 package. Should be able to find it from google.
Thanks, that sorted it.
I've been playing around with this and it's working very nicely!

I've remapped all the buttons but I'm having a strange issue with one keyboard shortcut - "O". This brings up the codec info whilst viewing video.

For some reason if I choose the "O" key as the Keyboard Action it puts in "95". It just won't take O! Doesn't matter what remote button I assign it to, it always comes out as 95.

Am I missing something?
sounds to me like your missing an O

no but seriously, try opening notepad and type. What do you get then? an O or 95?
Haha.

It's not a kb issue. If I choose "O" in the dropdown (I don't type anything), after clicking Save the action assigned is "95".

Sounds like a bug to me...
but. its only a visual bug. when you press the key, it will give you an O right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38