Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [MOD] BIG Alaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
ralob Wrote:Any update on the release you were planning? Unfortunately, I lost the temp. update when I was forced to reinstall my OS.
Download link is back up in post#1.

Addons show status and download percent with a very recent SVN version. Note that the Files view has been changed to Alaska Revisited's Files view. It just looks better (Hitcher knows what he is doing) with the text aligned to the left.

@meridius
Sorry I've been a little slow in your request but I was trying to get the SVN version of BIG Alaska re-uploaded. I think what you've requested can be accomplished with a little bit of editing. I'll try again tonight (very busy day in the real world today) to post detailed instructions.
Amra Wrote:Download link is back up in post#1.

Addons show status and download percent with a very recent SVN version. Note that the Files view has been changed to Alaska Revisited's Files view. It just looks better (Hitcher knows what he is doing) with the text aligned to the left.

Thank you very, very much. This is my absolutely favorite mod.
Amra Wrote:Download link is back up in post#1.

@meridius
Sorry I've been a little slow in your request but I was trying to get the SVN version of BIG Alaska re-uploaded. I think what you've requested can be accomplished with a little bit of editing. I'll try again tonight (very busy day in the real world today) to post detailed instructions.

cheers for that mate take your time i dont want to rush you at all just love that view (mediainfo) but i perfer the text size and and layout of the orig alaska for the rest of it. wish this view would be added to his new skin.

can you make the mediainfo use the same size text as the orig skin to thanks..
have a good one
@meridius

Okay, here are instructions on how to add the Media Info views from BIG Alaska to the latest (SVN) version of the Original Alaska skin. As I may have previously mentioned, this will NOT work with Alaska Revisited.

1. BACKUP YOUR ALASKA SKIN FIRST. Just in case something gets screwed up.

2. Copy the "Viewtype_MediaInfo.xml" file from the "skin.big.alaska\720p" folder to the "skin.alaska\720p" folder.

3. Create a folder under "skin.alaska\media" and name it "amra". Next, copy "FocusLine.png" from the "skin.big.alaska\media\amra" folder to the "skin.alaska\media\amra" folder you just created.

4. Edit the "skin.alaska\720p\Includes_Overlays.xml" file and add the following code at the very end of the file, just ABOVE the last line that says "</includes>".
Code:
<!-- Media Info List View -->
    <include name="MediaInfoListMovieOverlaysNF">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-7</posx>
            <posy>-5</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <texture>NewIcon.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>EpisodeWatchedNF</colordiffuse>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + [!stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.2.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.3.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.4.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.5.Title))]]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-5</posx>
            <posy>-7</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <info>ListItem.Overlay</info>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoListMovieOverlaysFO">
        <include>Animation_ZoomInZoomOut</include>
        <include>Animation_ZoomedByMenu</include>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-25</posx>
            <posy>-12</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <colordiffuse>EpisodeWatchedFO</colordiffuse>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + [!stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.2.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.3.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.4.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.5.Title))]]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-23</posx>
            <posy>-12</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoListTVOverlaysNF">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-7</posx>
            <posy>-5</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(episodes) + [!stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.2.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.3.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.4.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.5.EpisodeTitle))]]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-5</posx>
            <posy>-7</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)] + stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoListTVOverlaysFO">
        <include>Animation_ZoomInZoomOut</include>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-25</posx>
            <posy>-12</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>Container.Content(episodes) + [!stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.1.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.2.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.3.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.4.EpisodeTitle)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestEpisode.5.EpisodeTitle))]]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>-23</posx>
            <posy>-12</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <fadetime>300</fadetime>
            <visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)] + stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
5. Edit the "skin.alaska\720p\CustomSettings.xml" file and add the following code just AFTER line 200.
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="104">
                        <include>SettingsLabel</include>
                        <label>Show Media Info ExtraThumbs (Movies)</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(MediaInfoExtraThumbs)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(MediaInfoExtraThumbs)</selected>
                    </control>
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="105">
                        <include>SettingsLabel</include>
                        <label>Hide Media Info TV Show Episode/Unwatched Totals</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideEpisodeTotals)</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(HideEpisodeTotals)</selected>
                    </control>
6. Edit the "skin.alaska\720p\MyVideoNav.xml" file and add the following code just AFTER line 4.
Code:
<views>55,50,57,52,56,59,51,54,58,907,908</views>
Then in the same xml file, add the following code AFTER line 23. You'll know you have the right spot, as there are a bunch of other viewtype includes listed. This line just needs to be in with them.
Code:
<include>Viewtype_MediaInfo</include>
7. Edit the "skin.alaska\720p\Includes.xml" file and add the following code just AFTER line 13.
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_MediaInfo.xml" />
8. Lastly, the color files need to be updated so just copy the following xml files from "skin.big.alaska\colors" to "skin.alaska\colors", overwriting the files already in there:
Blue Mosaic.xml
Blue Slate.xml
default.xml
Night.xml
Red Slate.xml

Note that if you would like some more color themes for your Alaska skin, you can use the themes from BIG Alaska (10 in all). Just copy the appropriate color xml files from "skin.big.alaska\colors" AS WELL AS the matching .xpr files from "skin.big.alaska\media" into the same folders in skin.alaska

That should be all. Good luck & happy modding. Big Grin

PS: The font sizes should automatically be the same as the rest of Alaska when this is done. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding this view but I wouldn't bother Hitcher to add this to the Original Alaska as it doesn't really conform to the Alaska style and utilizes the lower left corner space normally reserved for the Now Playing window.

PPS: Also note that if you ever update Alaska in the future that you may lose these changes & will need to redo them.
Amra Wrote:@meridius

Okay, here are instructions on how to add the Media Info views from BIG Alaska to the latest (SVN) version of the Original Alaska skin. As I may have previously mentioned, this will NOT work with Alaska Revisited.

Note that if you would like some more color themes for your Alaska skin, you can use the themes from BIG Alaska (10 in all). Just copy the appropriate color xml files from "skin.big.alaska\colors" AS WELL AS the matching .xpr files from "skin.big.alaska\media" into the same folders in skin.alaska

That should be all. Good luck & happy modding. Big Grin

PS: The font sizes should automatically be the same as the rest of Alaska when this is done. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding this view but I wouldn't bother Hitcher to add this to the Original Alaska as it doesn't really conform to the Alaska style and utilizes the lower left corner space normally reserved for the Now Playing window.

PPS: Also note that if you ever update Alaska in the future that you may lose these changes & will need to redo them.

thanks it worked a treat perfect apart from a couple of things,

1st, when you hit the i button for the info the picture at the left is not displayed its just blank could you try it

2nd, is when in your media info view and it tells you about the movie or show it seems the font is in bold or somthing as if you look at the other views the writing looks less black and more natrual wheres mediainfo view seems to be very bold ? is there a way to get it to look the smae as there other views in this respect

3rd, when you go to a movie or tv show and it has info about it on the main screen not the i option screen view you can see that some text is not been viewd is there a auto scrool that scrolls the txt up and down so you can read it ?

apart from that its perfect and love it and thanks for the hard work in doing this for me hope the couple of fixes for the above and i am set .

to be honest you should do this mod as a download for others becasue its one sweet view and i think alot of people would love this mod to add to there normla sized skin

cheers
@meridius (part 1)
Uh, whoops. Sorry about missing some code in my previous instructions. Let's try the following:

1. To fix the missing Video Info poster image, edit the "skin.alaska\720p\Viewtype_MediaInfo.xml" file that you previously copied over from BIG Alaska and add the following code just AFTER line 737
Code:
<!-- Info Screen Image -->
        <control type="group">
            <visible>[Control.IsVisible(907) | Control.IsVisible(908)] + Window.IsActive(2003)</visible>
            <visible>!Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
            <control type="image">
                <posx>30</posx>
                <posy>108</posy>
                <width>540</width>
                <height>482</height>
                <aspectratio align="right" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                <texture background="true">$INFO
[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                <bordertexture border="8">common/thumb_border.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                <animation type="Conditional" condition="Window.IsActive(2003)">
                    <effect type="zoom" center="auto" start="40" end="100" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="out" />
                    <effect type="fade" start="80" end="100" time="400" />
                </animation>
            </control>
        </control>
2. To remove the bold typeface for the plot text, you will need to edit the "skin.alaska\720p\Viewtype_MediaInfo.xml" file again and search for the following code:
Code:
$INFO
[ListItem.Plot]
remove ALL (should be 7) occurances of the "["B"]" and "["/B"]" without the quotation marks (only typed here so the code would show).

Next search for the following code and do the same as above:
Code:
$INFO
[ListItem.PlotOutline]

3. I'm not sure what you are talking about for your 3rd item, can you post a screenshot for me?
@meridius (part 2)

4. Here is some more code I had missed. Edit "skin.alaska\720p\Includes_Overlays.xml" and add the following code at the end just ABOVE the last line which should say "</includes>"
Code:
<!-- Media Info View -->
    <include name="MediaInfoMovieOverlaysNF">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>90</posx>
            <posy>140</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <texture>poster/posterframewatchedNF.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>WatchedIconBackNF</colordiffuse>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.2.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.3.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.4.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.5.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>90</posx>
            <posy>140</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <colordiffuse>WatchedIconDiffuseNF</colordiffuse>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>90</posx>
            <posy>140</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoTVOverlaysNF">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>90</posx>
            <posy>140</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <texture>poster/posterframewatchedNF.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>WatchedIconBackNF</colordiffuse>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>90</posx>
            <posy>140</posy>
            <width>40</width>
            <height>40</height>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoMovieOverlaysFO">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>88</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <texture>banner/bannerborderwatched.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>WatchedIconBackFO</colordiffuse>
            <animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
                <effect type="zoom" center="72,98" start="60" end="100" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" />
                <effect type="fade" start="80" end="100" time="600" />
            </animation>
            <visible>Container.Content(movies) + [stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.1.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.2.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.3.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.4.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Title,Window(0).Property(LatestMovie.5.Title)) | stringcompare(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched.png)]</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>88</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <colordiffuse>WatchedIconDiffuseFO</colordiffuse>
                <effect type="zoom" center="72,98" start="60" end="100" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" />
            </animation>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>88</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            </animation>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <texture flipx="true">banner/bannerborderwatched.png</texture>
            </animation>
            <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer) + !Window.IsVisible(2003)</visible>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>10</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <texture>Trailer.png</texture>
            </animation>
            <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer) + !Window.IsVisible(2003)</visible>
        </control>
    </include>
    <include name="MediaInfoTVOverlaysFO">
        <control type="image">
            <posx>88</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            <texture>banner/bannerborderwatched.png</texture>
            </animation>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>88</posx>
            <posy>133</posy>
            <width>50</width>
            <height>50</height>
            </animation>
        </control>
    </include>
Sweet, thank you for the updated link.

Have you considered hosting your MOD on github or google-code? It would certainly be easier for everyone to gets quick fixes and updates as they become available. Not to mention easier on you.
[quote=Amra]@meridius (part 2)

4. Here is some more code I had missed. Edit "skin.alaska\720p\Includes_Overlays.xml" and add the following code at the end just ABOVE the last line which should say "</includes>"
[code]

hi there mate added the code but its still not working ? do i have to replace the code i put in last time with this one or do i just add it as i have added it and its not working ?
meridius Wrote:do i have to replace the code i put in last time with this one or do i just add it as i have added it and its not working ?
No, just add it after the code you previously added.
Amra Wrote:No, just add it after the code you previously added.

thanks i did that and the covers still do not show when you hit the i button for info
meridius Wrote:thanks i did that and the covers still do not show when you hit the i button for info
I'll PM you tonight with a download link of the modified files you need.
Amra Wrote:I'll PM you tonight with a download link of the modified files you need.

cheers for that
Cheers for the updated mod, tried out a few other skins recently, but somehow I always end up using your version, wide panel view and a good music section Smile Night skin has some really good ideas and views, but the music views and home screen just doesn't hold the same standard as alaska Smile
Any chance you'll be hosting on github in the future, lot easler to update Tongue

Thanks for all the hard work you put in (and to Hitcher too of course!)
I'm experiencing a bit of lag in the movies poster view when flipping through different movies, anyone else got that ? It's not in tv-series or music, only in movies and in poster views..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24