Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Alaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hitcher Wrote:Home.xml

Replace this -

PHP Code:
<include condition="![Skin.HasSetting(home2) | Skin.HasSetting(home3)]">Home_MenuImage</include>
<include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(home2)">Home_MenuIcon</include>
<include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(home3)">Home_MenuList</include> 
with this -
PHP Code:
<include>Home_MenuIcon</include> 

I was out of the town and I came back and I see your post.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help Smile

Cheers!
What your take on Home Style 2 and the images being compressed into a .xpr?

1. Now thats it's compressed into a .xpr a new user would not be able to go into that folder and read the readme.txt. Maybe a message to visit the forums? Or maybe ask the devs if you're allow to put a readme.txt at the root of skin?

2. Another thing, .xbt's don't like special://skin/homeicons/weathericon.png. When using special://skin/ and images compressed into a .xpr, they will not show.
Only images in the media folder get compressed to an XBT, anything outside stays as it is.
Very weird, last night there was no fallback image. I deleted that copy and reinstalled a new copy via addons everything was normal...
Is clearart not supported in Alaska?

Do I need to use Alaska revisited to see clearart?

Thanks
Testing out Home 2, how do I use the icons from Alaska Home 1? I can't find them anywhere to add them to the HomeIcons folder...

Thanks
This skin is fantastic looking, but of course I have a few criticisms.

In various situations you need to press left or down to get extra menus. The user has no visual indication that they need to do this, a good UI should not assume a person is already familiar with the software.

I'm not exactly sure how it should be implemented, but I miss being informed of new things right on the front page without having to enter another menu like I could in confluence. If there could be a way of doing this it would be fantastic.

Sometimes in settings windows, like when you configure a plugin the ok cancel and defaults text is displayed over the rest of the menu options.

Separate favourites icon?

Finally, all the pictures display options are quite bad, none of them let you simply see your picture without full screening it.

Those flaws aside, beautiful skin, nice work. The first one ever to tempt me away from confluence.
New to xbmc and among the confusion i was testing out dharma beta 2 and found my way to alaska theme. Really nice! I was now trying to install the addon onto a XBMCfreak flash drive, as it was downloading around 76% it looked like my box froze so I did a hard shut down and now I can't seem to download it again. I get the Install button but selecting it doesnt install it. Anyway to clear cache or force it to download again?

Edit. Nevermind, I messed things up a lot and it took two reinstalls of xbmcfreak onto the flash drive to iron everything out and Alaska theme is now working fine.
Can we disable add-on update notifications on the screen?
My friend calls me every time there is an update Big Grin

Thx
one more issue, this one is so annoying that I've gone back to confluence.

In the recently added TV shows page, only the episode name is shown and not the TV show. This is very irritating as it prevents you from seeing what new TV shows you have, probably the feature I use the most.

Can anyone suggest a simple change I could make to add the TV show name to the displayed name?

Would appreciate some feedback.
jamesdew Wrote:This skin is fantastic looking, but of course I have a few criticisms.

In various situations you need to press left or down to get extra menus. The user has no visual indication that they need to do this, a good UI should not assume a person is already familiar with the software.

I'm not exactly sure how it should be implemented, but I miss being informed of new things right on the front page without having to enter another menu like I could in confluence. If there could be a way of doing this it would be fantastic.

Sometimes in settings windows, like when you configure a plugin the ok cancel and defaults text is displayed over the rest of the menu options.

Separate favourites icon?

Finally, all the pictures display options are quite bad, none of them let you simply see your picture without full screening it.

Those flaws aside, beautiful skin, nice work. The first one ever to tempt me away from confluence.

Fixed the plugin settings problem.

'Separate favourites icon?' - not sure what you mean?

All of the picture views show you your pictures without having to fullscreen them.
Djape Wrote:Can we disable add-on update notifications on the screen?
My friend calls me every time there is an update Big Grin

Thx
Disable 'Auto-updates'.
jamesdew Wrote:one more issue, this one is so annoying that I've gone back to confluence.

In the recently added TV shows page, only the episode name is shown and not the TV show. This is very irritating as it prevents you from seeing what new TV shows you have, probably the feature I use the most.

Can anyone suggest a simple change I could make to add the TV show name to the displayed name?

Would appreciate some feedback.
The show name is shown in both Recently Added lists -

Hitcher Wrote:The show name is shown in both Recently Added lists -

Yes but only when you actually select the show, the title of an episode is meaningless when you just want to see what new stuff is available. As per your example screenshot, what is "episode 2" "episode 3" "in the red" i have no idea and unless you select each one neither would you.

I know "to keep us safe" is another episode of the event but only because I have already seen it, the whole point of the recently added list is to see new things that you have not seen yet.

I understand you can just press up on the homscreen but I often have more than 4 items, and sometimes you just want to look at the list to see whats new, not necessarily to actually watch it.

See how confluence handles it. The list is %showname% - %episode name%

I did try to modify this myself but it seems im not very good at xml

Hitcher Wrote:Fixed the plugin settings problem.

'Separate favourites icon?' - not sure what you mean?

All of the picture views show you your pictures without having to fullscreen them.

Thanks for fixing the plugin issue, appreciated.

I meant a favourites icon on the home screen with the default view but I see I can add one if I want to anyway, so never mind about that.

As for the pictures view

Files: shows pictures but very small and duplicates picture as a faded background image
panel wide: shows thumbs on right and on left shows picture but it is faded around the edge and the whole picture is faded into the background
grid: picture is shown on the background like fanart and is very faded and hard to see
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12