Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-15

@furii - I really doubt it would be a skin issue as these sorts of things aren't handled by the skin. Assuming you are using the git version on Helix then this is really bizarre as both the home screen and hub uses the same method for the widgets (Gotham version used skin.widgets for hubs and data.provider for home in progress - in Helix skin.widgets is only used for the mixed widget because its not yet possible to interleave two separate paths of content.)

RE: Eminence - Stantor - 2015-01-15

I'm having the same problem as furii, but if I just go to the list of movies, or episodes, it will mark as watched and set resume points.

I went the smart playlist option for the widget, but it doesn't matter, the episode or movie won't mark as watched or set resume points anywhere.

The only other thing I could think of is maybe trakt is playing up with the widget, as I installed that around the same time as the problem happened.

RE: Eminence - furii - 2015-01-15

yeah i'm running the latest git version. i wasn't sure if they were coded the same in each section which is why i brought it up. still very strange that it works ok on the hub but not home screen. i assume you aren't seeing this on your end then? at least stantor is so i know i'm not the only one. i don't have trakt so at least maybe we can rule that out.

RE: Eminence - Sta11ion - 2015-01-15

Just installed Eminence on my Kodi nightly. Sooooo Nice!

RE: Eminence - furii - 2015-01-16

was going to just edit my post but wanted to make sure you saw it, jurial. definitely not a skin problem: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5958
hopefully the fix makes it into 14.1 but that seems far from certain at this point.

for anyone running win/osx/android you can get builds with a fix here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213108&pid=1886398#pid1886398

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-16

Yeah I would have been surprised if it was a skin issue. Strange regression though. Hopefully a fix can be agreed upon and it makes it for 14.1 because its a pretty big deal from an end user perspective seeing as a lot of content gets played from widgets.

RE: Eminence - Ferra82 - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-11, 09:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: @wrxtasy - its new. You can remove the kodi splash screen by putting
<splash>false</splash>
In yr advancedsettings.xml file in the kodi userdata folder. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml for more details about advancedsettings

Does this also works for XBMC 13.2 GOTHAM?

RE: Eminence - cecemf - 2015-01-16

Hi Jurialmonkey, I wanted to say a big thank you I absolutly LOVE your skin, it's the best XBMC skin outthere for me on every way.

My only request (and maybe it's there but didn't see it) is to have the ability to differenciate 2D movies and 3D movies maybe with a 3D tage in the coner of the movie poster or with a categorie.

I have namefiled my name with .3d. like XBMC wiki recommend but I don't think the skin picks it up.

My idea of a 3D corner tag to be on top of the movie poster will be like that (saying 3D obviously)

Or something like that :

RE: Eminence - bollstedt - 2015-01-16

I would love to see that, too. Smile

RE: Eminence - BuSHari - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-11, 01:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 23:41)BuSHari Wrote: I`m using Smart Playlists for every tile,and when i`m getting inside 'Movies' for example i`m seeing the label of "Playlist" is displayed on the side, it should be the label of the tile "Movies",

Fixed. The side label should now show the name of the playlist.

Thanks, but can you make it by the name of the label and not by the name of the playlist?
Also, the hubs doesn`t work for playlists...

(2015-01-16, 16:48)bollstedt Wrote: I would love to see that, too. Smile

For me it's the only missing feature to make it THE perfect skin !

I'm so happy I found that skin it fits my need perfectly ! looking to make donation on PayPal.

RE: Eminence - x3nius - 2015-01-16

Is this already available for kodi helix?

RE: Eminence - DruTheFu - 2015-01-16

Along the lines of the above movie info related display features, I am wondering if this skin will provide some basic A/V nifo while scrolling through media files. For example, when navigating my libraries of movies or TV shows, does (or can) Eminence display the audio and video formats for the file in the 'summary' pane? Like sound is 'DTS', video is '1080p' and/or '3D'? I know that I can view this specific info when I navigate to the movie info option, but it would be nice to view in the same window as the plot, like a quick summary on the main window. Hope this makes sense...

(2015-01-16, 19:11)DruTheFu Wrote: Along the lines of the above movie info related display features, I am wondering if this skin will provide some basic A/V nifo while scrolling through media files. For example, when navigating my libraries of movies or TV shows, does (or can) Eminence display the audio and video formats for the file in the 'summary' pane? Like sound is 'DTS', video is '1080p' and/or '3D'? I know that I can view this specific info when I navigate to the movie info option, but it would be nice to view in the same window as the plot, like a quick summary on the main window. Hope this makes sense...

I second that with just a definite on 3D part Smile or have the option to have the info page showing every time you press play for example.

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2015-01-17

(2015-01-12, 11:09)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi jurial, it's been awhile. I noticed that you've got a link up for the Helix development version of this skin. Put it to good use over the weekend and noticed a few aesthetic changes (which I liked!). It got me wondering though...

Are the changes/functional improvements being discussed in this thread making it to the Helix build or are you taking the Helix version in a little bit of a new direction?

I realised there weren't any major changes, other than the video OSD, but it did get me thinking about other changes we might see down the road.

Thanks mate, and appreciate all your work.
Yeah the changes will be in the Helix version - though I do have some ideas for an Eminence 2.0 version with some fairly big changes, just pretty time poor at the moment so haven't started coding anything yet.

(2015-01-16, 13:31)Ferra82 Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 09:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: @wrxtasy - its new. You can remove the kodi splash screen by putting
<splash>false</splash>
In yr advancedsettings.xml file in the kodi userdata folder. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml for more details about advancedsettings

Does this also works for XBMC 13.2 GOTHAM?
You can hide the splash screen in Gotham but the option for a startup video is only in the Helix version.

(2015-01-16, 14:10)cecemf Wrote: Hi Jurialmonkey, I wanted to say a big thank you I absolutly LOVE your skin, it's the best XBMC skin outthere for me on every way.

My only request (and maybe it's there but didn't see it) is to have the ability to differenciate 2D movies and 3D movies maybe with a 3D tage in the coner of the movie poster or with a categorie.

I have namefiled my name with .3d. like XBMC wiki recommend but I don't think the skin picks it up.

My idea of a 3D corner tag to be on top of the movie poster will be like that (saying 3D obviously)
Sorry there will never be anything like dvd cases or 3d style corner banners etc. I might make an indicator but it will be subtle and simple. The idea always has been to keep things simple in the skin. In List and Wall you can see a "3D" tag for the selected item.

(2015-01-16, 17:25)BuSHari Wrote: Thanks, but can you make it by the name of the label and not by the name of the playlist?
Also, the hubs doesn`t work for playlists...
Sorry you will have to edit the name of the playlist - it will cause too many issues to do something like that.
I'm not sure what you mean by "hubs doesn't work for playlists"??

(2015-01-16, 19:10)x3nius Wrote: Is this already available for kodi helix?
On the github it is. I sent a PR for official repo earlier in the week - just waiting on confirmation.

(2015-01-16, 19:11)DruTheFu Wrote: Along the lines of the above movie info related display features, I am wondering if this skin will provide some basic A/V nifo while scrolling through media files. For example, when navigating my libraries of movies or TV shows, does (or can) Eminence display the audio and video formats for the file in the 'summary' pane? Like sound is 'DTS', video is '1080p' and/or '3D'? I know that I can view this specific info when I navigate to the movie info option, but it would be nice to view in the same window as the plot, like a quick summary on the main window. Hope this makes sense...
It already does for list and wall. I'll look into adding it for some other viewtypes.

(2015-01-16, 20:16)cecemf Wrote: I second that with just a definite on 3D part Smile or have the option to have the info page showing every time you press play for example.
It is already possible to show info page instead of playing - Settings > Video > File Lists > Default Select Action (change to show info).