• 109(current)
Release Eminence
@jurialmunkey just downloaded the lasyest version from git. The preset visualizer looks great. Thanks for fixing it
Hello @jurialmunkey

I`m using Smart Playlists for every tile,and when i`m getting inside 'Movies' for example i`m seeing the label of "Playlist" is displayed on the side, it should be the label of the tile "Movies", see screenshot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eceej8z1awv5tj...8.png?dl=0

Thanks,
Idan
(2015-01-10, 23:41)BuSHari Wrote: I`m using Smart Playlists for every tile,and when i`m getting inside 'Movies' for example i`m seeing the label of "Playlist" is displayed on the side, it should be the label of the tile "Movies",

Fixed. The side label should now show the name of the playlist.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
So, switched over to eminence to test it out. One big thing I'm missing is an easy way to get to year filtering/sorting for movies. Am I missing somthing, or is that just not part of the skin as of now?
(2015-01-11, 07:03)Necromancyr Wrote: So, switched over to eminence to test it out. One big thing I'm missing is an easy way to get to year filtering/sorting for movies. Am I missing somthing, or is that just not part of the skin as of now?
Goto All Movies. Open side blade menu (where you change viewtypes) and click "Sort by:" and change it to "Year".

From the sideblade you can also use "Filter" if you want to only see movies from a specific year range.

If you want something more permanent you can edit/add either a hub or homescreen tile and give it the path:
Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,MovieYears,return)
Why I have not noticed this before I don't know, maybe its new, its like a hidden Easter Egg Smile

Eminence > Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Extras > Set Startup video

With that I've put a little package together for everyone to choose a slick Kodi Startup animation:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fvjwbo8xs7qj...X248a?dl=0

The Splash.png needs to go into the folder Kodi/media
This is just a black1080p page that removes the usual Kodi splash screen on startup.

Makes the following animation look WOW !!!

Great addition, this setting Jurial Nod

@wrxtasy - its new. You can remove the kodi splash screen by putting
<splash>false</splash>
In yr advancedsettings.xml file in the kodi userdata folder. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml for more details about advancedsettings
Ok I was doing it the lazy way.
The proper way in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>

Now Q...Any way the OSD can stay hidden till the video finishes on startup ?

(2015-01-09, 23:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 15:04)mr.nanuk Wrote: i have 2 improvement proposals for the pvrosdguide

1. it would be helpful if the currently running tvshow would be marked, analog OSD Channels (see screenshots attached)
2. scrolling through the upcoming tvshows the date in the header of the pvrosdguide always stays today ;-) would be nice if the date would change when scrolling to shows in the future
Unfortunately (1) is not possible - ListItem.IsPlaying doesn't work within pvrosdguide for some reason. I just fixed 2 so now it shows the current date of the selected show.

Hi jurialmunkey,
I made same changes to the pvrosdguide.xml so that
1. currently running tvshow will be marked, analog OSD Channels by using your selected.png
2. in addition to the starttime, the endtime of the tv show is also shown
3. the little pvrguide icon from the hub-menu (equalizer.png) will be displayed in the header of the osdgiude

you can find my modified pvrosdguide.xml here :-) Maybe you would be so kind and include it to your theme?!?
Greetz
nanuk
(2015-01-10, 21:33)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 16:54)cleancouch22 Wrote: 1. Where/how do I access Music Add-Ons? They seem to be totally missing

Thanks again!
No genesis help here, read the rules

Got it - but can you answer 1 - where are the Music Add-Ons to be found??
(2015-01-11, 19:39)cleancouch22 Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 21:33)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 16:54)cleancouch22 Wrote: 1. Where/how do I access Music Add-Ons? They seem to be totally missing

Thanks again!
No genesis help here, read the rules

Got it - but can you answer 1 - where are the Music Add-Ons to be found??
Add a tile or hub item with the path
Code:
ActivateWindow(music,addons://sources/audio/,return)

You can see other path possibilities for activatewindow here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Which im pretty sure is in the faq.

(2015-01-11, 16:52)mr.nanuk Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 23:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 15:04)mr.nanuk Wrote: i have 2 improvement proposals for the pvrosdguide

1. it would be helpful if the currently running tvshow would be marked, analog OSD Channels (see screenshots attached)
2. scrolling through the upcoming tvshows the date in the header of the pvrosdguide always stays today ;-) would be nice if the date would change when scrolling to shows in the future
Unfortunately (1) is not possible - ListItem.IsPlaying doesn't work within pvrosdguide for some reason. I just fixed 2 so now it shows the current date of the selected show.

Hi jurialmunkey,
1. currently running tvshow will be marked, analog OSD Channels by using your selected.png
3. the little pvrguide icon from the hub-menu (equalizer.png) will be displayed in the header of the osdgiude

you can find my modified pvrosdguide.xml here :-) Maybe you would be so kind and include it to your theme?!?
Greetz
nanuk
Ah, of course! I didnt even think about doing a stringcompare - good thinking, such a simple solution. Im at work now but ill have a look when I get home. I think you have put the equalizer icon where I was going to put the channel thumb so I have to add a couple of things so that its only used as a fallback image. Also I didnt think end time was necessary because it will pretty much always be the same as the start time for the next show.
(2015-01-11, 23:49)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 16:52)mr.nanuk Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 23:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Unfortunately (1) is not possible - ListItem.IsPlaying doesn't work within pvrosdguide for some reason. I just fixed 2 so now it shows the current date of the selected show.

Hi jurialmunkey,

Greetz
nanuk
Ah, of course! I didnt even think about doing a stringcompare - good thinking, such a simple solution. Im at work now but ill have a look when I get home. I think you have put the equalizer icon where I was going to put the channel thumb so I have to add a couple of things so that its only used as a fallback image. Also I didnt think end time was necessary because it will pretty much always be the same as the start time for the next show.

Hi jurialmunkey,
putting the channel thumb where I put the equalizer icon would be a great solution! ;-)
You're also right when saying the end time isn't necessary, I did it just because of layout reasons... I thought it would look better ;-)
Couple of quick questions:
1. When streaming video from HTTP source is there any way to add buffering progress into the OSD progress bar or is left out on purpose?
2. Is there a way to add video file as background "image" for the main menu items or is it a Kodi/XBMC limitation? For example: If I move on the "Movies" button it would play random movie trailer from my folder rather than showing random fanart from my library?
3. Any way to add an option to hide item names (Movies, TV, Music, etc) from the main menu? You can easily tell which button is which just by looking at the icons so the names underneath them feel a bit unnecessary.

Thank you for your time Smile
(2015-01-12, 00:59)Realst Wrote: Couple of quick questions:
1. When streaming video from HTTP source is there any way to add buffering progress into the OSD progress bar or is left out on purpose?
2. Is there a way to add video file as background "image" for the main menu items or is it a Kodi/XBMC limitation? For example: If I move on the "Movies" button it would play random movie trailer from my folder rather than showing random fanart from my library?
3. Any way to add an option to hide item names (Movies, TV, Music, etc) from the main menu? You can easily tell which button is which just by looking at the icons so the names underneath them feel a bit unnecessary.

Thank you for your time Smile
1. Im working on this. Probably will get done this afternoon.
2. Not really possible without being really hacky. But im pretty sure you can use a gif but it has to be encoded a certain way for it to play properly.
3. I might add an option for this because I can see the appeal.
(2015-01-11, 07:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-01-11, 07:03)Necromancyr Wrote: So, switched over to eminence to test it out. One big thing I'm missing is an easy way to get to year filtering/sorting for movies. Am I missing somthing, or is that just not part of the skin as of now?
Goto All Movies. Open side blade menu (where you change viewtypes) and click "Sort by:" and change it to "Year".

From the sideblade you can also use "Filter" if you want to only see movies from a specific year range.

If you want something more permanent you can edit/add either a hub or homescreen tile and give it the path:
Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,MovieYears,return)

Thanks! I'll add it into the hub - didn't realize that was actually possible until I juset went back into the settings.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35