Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

Re: RE: Eminence - suku_patel_22 - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-24, 18:17)LTNGNX Wrote: - FEATURE: An option to add file manager would be nice (maybe on the shutdown menu)

You can have Files as a tile.

RE: Eminence - lonjemoco - 2014-09-24

Hi,

Bug report here: overlapping labels.

Cheers!

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-09-25

(2014-09-23, 15:10)Vaneska Wrote: Hey jurialmunkey

As always, great Skin Smile

As you know me, I made some customizations to more Minimalism. But since the Skin went live, it updated all my changes, and it wont make sence to change the files always when there was an update.

Maybe when you find some time you could add some Options:
  • Able to turn off/on the Header from all Windows (incl. OSD), see below in the Screenshot.
  • Able to center the Tiles, bc it looks kinda strange when you dont have many and the right side is kinda empty.
  • Is it possible to change the Background, in the colour xml for the Tiles, see below in the Screenshot.

Regards, Vaneska

Vaneska, would you be willing to share your customisations? Looks great.

RE: Eminence - bakito - 2014-09-25

Looks great indeed.

RE: Eminence - czarekk - 2014-09-25

This is my favorite skin Smile A good idea would be to replace default Confluence, exactly that skin.

RE: Eminence - enredante - 2014-09-25

Hello everyone.

First of all I want to congratulate you, jurialmunkey, for this awesome skin. Simple, fast but powerfull and very customizable. Thank you for share your work and for your detailed feedback with all of us.

I have a few of questions about some issues with fanarts and backgrounds:

1. Widget in Music Hub with the top 100 songs it shows the background image (wood.jpg in my case). It would be possible show fanart with the artist instead? Like Movies Hub makes it.
- Image 1: Movies Hub (with fanart)
- Image 2: Music Hub (with background)

2. I´ve added a new tile with my favorites [ActivateWindow(Favourites)]. When I click it shows my favorites, but no fanart or background. How I can get the background image (wood.jpg in my case) or fanart of addon/program/fav if exists?
- Image 3: Favourites (without fanart or background)

3. Weather window [ActivateWindow(Weather)] shows the info and the icons well, but not the background image. When I try set it in settings, I can´t select any image. If I select a directory with a image instead, the weather icon (large) disappears and no background neither.
- Image 4: Weather (without background)
- Image 5: Weather (without background and icon)

My settings are:
Theme: Glass
Global background widget: Spotlight/In Progress
Fanart enabled
Background image: special://skin/extras/colours/wood.jpg
Weather fanart: (I can´t select any image)

I´m on Eminence 1.0.2 (installed from repository) at Windows 7 x64 and XBMC 13.2

Thanks for carry out the best skin for XBMC.

Regards from Madrid.

RE: Eminence - a_user - 2014-09-25

hello, is there an helix version on the way?

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-21, 14:33)NeroBoron Wrote: 1. Can I disable that the track number is shown within the song view?
2. Can I make the backgroundpanel behind the tiles of the homescreen transparency?
1. You can't currently, but the next version (1.0.3) will use the track naming template set in settings > music > file lists
2. 1.0.3 also has the ability to specify the home panel bg colour in the a colour xml (HomeBarBG)
1.0.3 will be uploaded in the next couple of days, just need to make a few other fixes before sending an update request.

(2014-09-22, 16:15)Inspirement Wrote: Hi, I'm a new user of XBMC (I've been using Mediaportal and Plex before) and this skin has quickly become my favourite skin, however, the posters have a too narrow aspect ratio so all my custom poster images that I've created for each of my movie get severely cut off on the left and right, so I wondered where I would look to make them slightly wider in the most important places (like the posters in the list view for movies and tv shows, the info view while playing a video and the infor view just before playing a video being the most important ones).

I'm new to editing XBMC skins but have fiddled with some Mediaportal skins before and done done various tiny bits of coding here and there before, like HTML and CSS, but nothing advanced. But I wouldn't think this would be too hard to accomplish right?

And again thanks for the awesome skin! It has everything I need Big Grin
Thanks.
Strange that the posters have too narrow aspect. I use the 1:1.5 ratio specified by themoviedb.org
In 1080i/Defaults.xml there are some sizing constants defined, bigposterw is the poster width and bigposterwborder is the border around it (needs to be 20 px bigger).

Depending on how much you change those values, its going to change alignment etc of things. So you will need to edit other files. This is the skinning manual: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Skinning_Manual

(2014-09-22, 21:04)jelte Wrote: I want to be able to select the movie, tv or music hub via the color buttons on the remote. What are the window names?
Code:
ActivateWindow(3201)
3201 is Movies
3202 is TV
3203 is Music
3204 is PVR

(2014-09-23, 03:53)wobbly Wrote: hello love the skin but how to turn off repeat if i play a youtube video or a movies or tv show they just loop indefinitely thank you
Sounds like you turned repeat on in the now playing playlist. Queue two or more videos (context menu > queue). Then open the sidebar menu and scroll down to choose "playlist" to go to the now playling list. In the sidebar menu for the playlist, there are options for repeat and shuffle.

(2014-09-23, 15:10)Vaneska Wrote: As you know me, I made some customizations to more Minimalism. But since the Skin went live, it updated all my changes, and it wont make sence to change the files always when there was an update.

Maybe when you find some time you could add some Options:
  • Able to turn off/on the Header from all Windows (incl. OSD), see below in the Screenshot.
  • Able to center the Tiles, bc it looks kinda strange when you dont have many and the right side is kinda empty.
  • Is it possible to change the Background, in the colour xml for the Tiles, see below in the Screenshot.
1. Header option I will do, but its going to take a little time to do properly so it might be a little while till I get around to it
2. Centered tiles is in the next version 1.0.3 (already on github, but not repo yet). I had to give up the staggered slide in animation (it all just slides in at the same time now), but I don't think that is a big deal as it happened so fast anyway and it would get mucked up if you deleted tiles in between others regardless, so its better this way anyway.
3. 1.0.3 has a colour definition that can be changed HomeBarBG

(2014-09-23, 22:28)colbert Wrote: Would it be possible to add an option like in Ace where "furniture" can be disabled for during playback? I'm one of those fools that hates seeing the time of the video if I pause or seek (in Ace it's like this: http://i.imgur.com/yyXARLd.png).
I'll add it to the Helix todo list.

(2014-09-24, 18:17)LTNGNX Wrote: I had a long struggle between Transparency and ReFocus skin. Eminence broke the tie and won the crown.

Loving this skin way more than I thought. Fast, sleep, beautiful.

- BUG: When watching info via the Next Aired plugin (TV Guide), the first posters overlaps posters from other TV shows from the next days.

- FEATURE: A way to decrease the font sizes would be nice. When watching a movie or TV show and press info, the remaining time info gets partially cut off. Having the option of making the fonts smaller could solve this.
I know about the NextAired thing, I'm working on a fix. For the meantime you will have to switch off the next aired setting for starting guide based on today rather than monday.

Can you grab a screenshot of the time getting cut off? It shouldn't get cut off, the other info should contract to make sure it fits... Changing font sizes causes all sorts of alignment issues

(2014-09-24, 20:29)lonjemoco Wrote: Bug report here: overlapping labels.
Fixed in 1.0.3

(2014-09-25, 11:07)czarekk Wrote: This is my favorite skin Smile A good idea would be to replace default Confluence, exactly that skin.
Thanks.

(2014-09-25, 17:24)enredante Wrote: Hello everyone.

First of all I want to congratulate you, jurialmunkey, for this awesome skin. Simple, fast but powerfull and very customizable. Thank you for share your work and for your detailed feedback with all of us.

I have a few of questions about some issues with fanarts and backgrounds:

1. Widget in Music Hub with the top 100 songs it shows the background image (wood.jpg in my case). It would be possible show fanart with the artist instead? Like Movies Hub makes it.
- Image 1: Movies Hub (with fanart)
- Image 2: Music Hub (with background)

2. I´ve added a new tile with my favorites [ActivateWindow(Favourites)]. When I click it shows my favorites, but no fanart or background. How I can get the background image (wood.jpg in my case) or fanart of addon/program/fav if exists?
- Image 3: Favourites (without fanart or background)

3. Weather window [ActivateWindow(Weather)] shows the info and the icons well, but not the background image. When I try set it in settings, I can´t select any image. If I select a directory with a image instead, the weather icon (large) disappears and no background neither.
- Image 4: Weather (without background)
- Image 5: Weather (without background and icon)
1. Do you have fanart for those artists in your library? The widget doesn't do anything fancy, it just uses whatever is in your library artwork database, so if you don't have fanart for the artist then it will use the fallback background.

2. Favourites window still needs a little work, that's why it isn't a tile by default.

3. Weather uses a pack of conditional fanart images that change depending on the weather. You need to download this weather pack: http://www.filefactory.com/file/a152gcc/n/weather_v2.rar
Point the skin to the directory you unzipped the file to.

There is also a really great pack by DrToxic, but the file is really big (1.1gb) whereas the other one is only about 250mb
http://dodgecityrc.com/xbmc_downloads/weather.zip

(2014-09-25, 23:32)a_user Wrote: hello, is there an helix version on the way?
I will be starting on Helix work in the coming week.

RE: Eminence - nicki365 - 2014-09-26

I agree Kodi needs a new launch skin,Confluence is kinda dated.Eminence would be the perfect replacement skin. It looks sooo professional.

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-09-26

jurial, looking great!

When playing music full screen, the title/info bar disappears after 10-15 seconds. Is it possible to have this stay up indefinitely?

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 01:54)nicki365 Wrote: I agree Kodi needs a new launch skin,Confluence is kinda dated.Eminence would be the perfect replacement skin. It looks sooo professional.

I'm not saying this will happen, but for a default skin it a) has to be compatible to Helix master (ofc) and b) require as less dependecies as possible and support ALL (really ALL) features. Btw - there are plans to replace Confluence in one of our next releases, but a skin from scratch (new concepts etc) is taking way too much time to even think about having it ready for Helix.

RE: Eminence - da-anda - 2014-09-26

@deletedpenguin - if you press "i" to toggle the info screen it should stay opened

RE: Eminence - Inspirement - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 01:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-09-22, 16:15)Inspirement Wrote: Hi, I'm a new user of XBMC (I've been using Mediaportal and Plex before) and this skin has quickly become my favourite skin, however, the posters have a too narrow aspect ratio so all my custom poster images that I've created for each of my movie get severely cut off on the left and right, so I wondered where I would look to make them slightly wider in the most important places (like the posters in the list view for movies and tv shows, the info view while playing a video and the infor view just before playing a video being the most important ones).

I'm new to editing XBMC skins but have fiddled with some Mediaportal skins before and done done various tiny bits of coding here and there before, like HTML and CSS, but nothing advanced. But I wouldn't think this would be too hard to accomplish right?

Thanks.
Strange that the posters have too narrow aspect. I use the 1:1.5 ratio specified by themoviedb.org
In 1080i/Defaults.xml there are some sizing constants defined, bigposterw is the poster width and bigposterwborder is the border around it (needs to be 20 px bigger).

Depending on how much you change those values, its going to change alignment etc of things. So you will need to edit other files. This is the skinning manual: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Skinning_Manual

I just checked the dimensions of a poster I downloaded from themoviedb (1000x1500) against one of mine (700x1000) and while there is a bit cut off at the edges if you crop it, there isn't nearly as much as I see when looking at the posters in xbmc, so I decided that your skin isn't to blame. Then I thought that since I'm currently using xbmc on a regular computer monitor which has an aspect ration of 16:10, that might be the problem, so I changed the resolution within xbmc from my native resolution to a 16:9 one, and now it is even less cut off than it was when I checked it outside xbmc. Some end of title text is still cut off, but not whole letters anymore, and I can live with this, so i'ts all good now, thanks for your help Smile Now I just need to figure out if I can force xbmc to use a custom resolution instead of stretching a smaller 16:9 image to fill my screen Tongue

Re: RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 04:08)Inspirement Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 01:14)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks.

I just checked the dimensions of a poster I downloaded from themoviedb (1000x1500) against one of mine (700x1000) and while there is a bit cut off at the edges if you crop it, there isn't nearly as much as I see when looking at the posters in xbmc, so I decided that your skin isn't to blame. Then I thought that since I'm currently using xbmc on a regular computer monitor which has an aspect ration of 16:10, that might be the problem, so I changed the resolution within xbmc from my native resolution to a 16:9 one, and now it is even less cut off than it was when I checked it outside xbmc. Some end of title text is still cut off, but not whole letters anymore, and I can live with this, so i'ts all good now, thanks for your help Smile Now I just need to figure out if I can force xbmc to use a custom resolution instead of stretching a smaller 16:9 image to fill my screen Tongue
Ah I see. 16:10 res is a pain, used to have a tv that was 1680x1050 and it caused also sorts of scaling issues.

The skin is designed for 1920x1080 so other resolutions will be scaled

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-09-26

(2014-09-26, 02:21)da-anda Wrote: @deletedpenguin - if you press "i" to toggle the info screen it should stay opened

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to stay open for me. I hit "i", and it disappears again 10-15 seconds later.