Kodi Community Forum
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=117885)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - skabyss - 2012-11-30

Tolriq, I set-up as rasberry Pi xbmc just recently and your app works great with it! The only issue I noticed out of the box (so far) is that if streaming 1080p video and I connect with yatse, it seems to start to cause a buffering problem that causes the media tot 'stutter' almost.. I'm not considering this a bug with yatse as I've made no attempts to adjust the xbmc settings yet, but just wanted to let you know my experience so far!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - lockdown571 - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 17:26)Tolriq Wrote: Well it does say that you have a bad value in the EventServer port field .....

Just put 9777 in it.

D'oh! I should have tried scrolling down. Thanks!

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - gotoman00 - 2012-11-30

Tolriq, one more question... is there some way to implement the app auto refreshing the master library at set increments instead of having to manually refresh each view? this can be tiresome and tedious when many new shows are being downloaded and viewed in a sitting

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Baswazz - 2012-11-30

Thank you for this great working app.

I got however a few requests / modifications:
- A little more space between the left/right/top/bottom and OK button.
- When i hit right a lot of the times the keyboard does popup.
- Change the way the back key behave. I think it behave like ESC it would be better if it behaves like ParentDir
- The shutdown key does not work on Frodo

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ardalista - 2012-11-30

Hi Tolriq,

I'm using this remote on my Samsung Galaxy mini in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi connected to the television in my lounge... everything works fine but one issue I face is the screen is so small on the galaxy Mini that the jump buttons and volume control are forced under the directional arrows panel of the remote... is there any possibility this can be altered to allow a scrolling movement on the screen so all the buttons can be visible?

let me know if you need a screenshot to demonstrate what I mean.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-11-30

@gotoman00 : Not sure to understand ... The refresh button does refresh the whole category at once (there's 3 : movies / tv / music)

@Baswazz : Lot's of people want less space some want more, hard to have a solution for all for the moment ....
Don't understand what you mean about back : The android back ? The back button in remote ?
The shutdown key does work you just need to read the change log that tells you there's now an option that adds need for long press to trigger it .....

@Ardalista : yes need a screen don't get what you mean by jump button.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Ardalista - 2012-11-30

HI Tolriq,

here is a screen capture showing the ares of the screen I am referring to.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-11-30

Well I'm wondering how they can make phones with such a small resolution Sad

No easy solution for that, a remote screen scroll-able would be hardly usable.

yeah it's tiny.. but for $100.00 NZD rooted and running JB v4.1.2 I'm not really complaining Big Grin

btw the specs of the screen are as follows...

240 x 320 pixels, 3.14 inches (~127 ppi pixel density)

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Baswazz - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 21:45)Tolriq Wrote: @Baswazz : Lot's of people want less space some want more, hard to have a solution for all for the moment ....

Maybey add an setting which i can switch between the themes? Or add some radiobuttons of which options you want to see and what not to save some space.

Quote:Don't understand what you mean about back : The android back ? The back button in remote ?
I have mapped the back button on my Boxee remote to ParentDir (like backspace key). In some setting windows with for example the new Xperience1080 2.0 Beta 1. When i hit the back button, it goes right back to the homescreen instead of just one step.

Quote:The shutdown key does work you just need to read the change log that tells you there's now an option that adds need for long press to trigger it .....

Owk sorry, i thought that this will gave it an second function. My bad.

Well dynamic and adaptive design is not so easy Smile

The back key does send back command to Xbmc. The Xbmc team have played a lot with keymaps recently perhaps in some screen they change the default mapping for something else but I don't really have control on this Sad
Or it can be choice made by the skinner.

(2012-11-30, 22:32)Tolriq Wrote: Well dynamic and adaptive design is not so easy Smile

The back key does send back command to Xbmc. The Xbmc team have played a lot with keymaps recently perhaps in some screen they change the default mapping for something else but I don't really have control on this Sad
Or it can be choice made by the skinner.

Ok np, i think you will see what i mean when Frodo is some more basic and you will come up with something.

I now use the lastest OpenElec beta 2 with Xperience1080 2.0 Beta 1 and it is with the submenu's within the libraries for example.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - 321liftoff - 2012-12-01

I downloaded an update and I love the new redesign. Fantastic!

(2012-11-27, 23:15)Headcase_Fargon Wrote: Any way to have it go back to the position you were at in a library after switching to remote/playlist view? Right now it defaults back to the top of the list, which can be really bothersome if you were halfway down a large music library.

I have the same thought.

(2012-11-28, 01:50)Tolriq Wrote: Well the position is kept while you navigate through library. But since the remote part is the main screen of the app, to avoid infinite back stack I have no choice but to clean it when going back to home.

I don't know android or your code, but I'm wondering why you would have an infinite stack problem. It seems that you could store three different "positions": music, TV, and movies. Whenever a person clicks on these icons (music, TV, or movies) in the browser from the remote screen, it jumps to the last known position. When a user browses away from these stored positions (tapping "back" to go up the tree, to the list of seasons or TV shows, for example) the stored position is overwritten with the current location (only one stored position per media type allowed). I don't see an infinite stack problem if the positions are overwritten. Maybe you could help explain?

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - Tolriq - 2012-12-01

I was talking about Android back stack not a stack in code meaning.

A position by itself have absolutely no meaning it depends on lot's of factor like the search filter, the order and the from (like if you come from Genre to list movies).

Keeping all those states while you navigate is normal and is handled, keeping all those when leaving navigation have no sense and would use lot's of memory for savestates.

RE: Yatse Widget - Full featured Xbmc Remote and Widgets for Android & Eden/Frodo - ThaDraGun - 2012-12-01

(2012-11-27, 18:37)Bogg Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 05:13)ThaDraGun Wrote: just installed the newest version. 2.9.0
looks great!

Im having a problem with the TV Shows listings tho.
Movies shows up right, but TV Shows says:

0 TV Shows/4438 TV Episodes.

Hows do I fix this? In XBMC it lists that I have 106.

Hi Tolriq.
I'm having the same problem as ThaDraGun. Yatse 2.8 had no problems with tv shows. Now 2.9 I have 0 tv shows / 2374 episodes.
I have tried clearing all data and cache, uninstalling, reinstalling and adding my xbmc. Still no tv shows.
I've added it as an issue on your website and attached the debug.log.

(2012-11-27, 20:58)Tolriq Wrote: @Bogg : Quickly looking your logs you need to update your Xbmc, the version you use does not support the new art thing needed for 2.9 and banners.

I just wanted to point out the problem is not because of the version I use. Someone else is using the exact same version as I am and they are not having the issues that we are having. That that rules that out. Maybe my settings are not right, or maybe the files are giving it an error, but its not the frodo version that I am using.

I understand that because I have an older version I will not get the TV artwork like it should have (and the other person is having the missing artwork issue which is expected) However, they DO have access to the tv shows in their library.
In their Library it shows 42 TV Shows / 1607 TV Episodes like it should
Mine shows 0 TV Shows/4438 TV Episodes

If you dont know why its doing it thats fine. But its not because its old.
Im still trying to figure out the problem. If I do figure it out I will post so that Bogg can fix theirs as well.