Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 10:26)chander Wrote: I was a huge fan of Ember. But now, with the new way Frodo manages the library and , i fully switch to internal scraping using the marvelous universal scraper developed by Olympia, highly configurable and including automatic trailers linking. Of course, you'll want to change some art or edit some titles. For that, you must wait for an update of XWMM to be Frodo compatible or use a SQL manager (not so difficult and the best way actually to update batch of informations).

Just give it a try!

PS: and if you absolutely wants nfos files or to backup your metadatas, just do an export of your library...

Does it rename your files as well? or is it all kept in a file within XBMC?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-12-05

Where can I even get german outlines? When I used german outline in Ember it was just the first half of the plot for most movies.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-05

What would be cool would to make Ember scrape like XBMC but, it is still the best in my eyes. If EMM was to die I would go to Media Companion. MC is the only other manager that fast and as easy to use.

As long as EMM gets patch I am here until the end.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - >>X<< - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 01:16)DarkKnight Wrote: I decided to merge all the minor fix pull requests outstanding in Bodrick's repo to my copy, an rebuilt the application. It was a real chore to make that happen, I'm not really a programmer, and am new to all the tools. However, the fixes are in my copy and I've taken the liberty of incrementing the version number to 1308 to reflect that.

Change log:

v1.3.0.8

Added:
DocLockwood's fix for IMDB API change
Youtube Trailer Fix created by Myron Boyle
DTS HD indentification from mediainfo.dll by Cocotus
Updated Ember Media Manager & Addons tab order by msavazzi

Link: EMM-v1308.rar

Instructions: Unrar in place and run. If you were using v1307, I imagine copying over Media.emm, Settings.xml, & AdvancedSettings.xml to v1308 should retain all your information. If you were using a version earlier than that, or it hangs when using it, try deleting those files and running it again.

I have tested it for my uses and it works fine. If you come across major problems, I'm not really the guy to fix them, but you should still report them in this thread.

Again, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, just trying to keep this thing working.

Edit: The copy I uploaded didn't have the ver number adjusted. I fixed it (again). It should read 1.3.0.8 on the splash screen on launch.

Doesn't work for me, I scraped the titles below and got the following results (in brackets)

Premium Rush (Maltin on Movies" Premium Rush)

The Dark Knight Rises (Maltin on Movies" The Dark Knight Rises)

The Bourne Legacy (Midnight Movie Review" The Bourne Legacy)

Edit : It works if I use ask but not Automatic

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-12-05

I solved the problem with IMDB and will soon publish a fixed version. The solution of DocLockwood does not work.

I love how this program has became home brew Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - war59312 - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-05, 17:33)DanCooper Wrote: I solved the problem with IMDB and will soon publish a fixed version. The solution of DocLockwood does not work.
Mind posting the code changes?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-05, 17:33)DanCooper Wrote: I solved the problem with IMDB and will soon publish a fixed version. The solution of DocLockwood does not work.

Fantastic, thanks!!! Any chance to publish a new version 138 or 139, which also include the "old" trailer and other fixes, which were done. There is an attempt a few posts up, but apparently doesn't work well. Thanks in advance!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-06

If it is fixed post it please! 1.3.0.7a right now is the best IMDB is screwed up but at least it works now.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Randall Lind - 2012-12-06

I don't believe he fixed it or he would have posted it by now. I would stick with DarkKight 1.3.0.7a until brodrick returns. I am not re-scrapping 1651 movies again I am so sick of it LOL.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DarkKnight - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-05, 16:48)>>X<< Wrote: Doesn't work for me, I scraped the titles below and got the following results (in brackets)

Premium Rush (Maltin on Movies" Premium Rush)

The Dark Knight Rises (Maltin on Movies" The Dark Knight Rises)

The Bourne Legacy (Midnight Movie Review" The Bourne Legacy)

Edit : It works if I use ask but not Automatic

The problem is with IMDB results, not EMM. Automatic mode does not mean it will chose the correct result. You do understand that 1307 doesn't work at all in ask or automatic mode right? That you have to fetch your own imdb title numbers, paste it in, then ask it to scrape for each one.

(2012-12-06, 18:24)Randall Lind Wrote: I don't believe he fixed it or he would have posted it by now. I would stick with DarkKight 1.3.0.7a until brodrick returns. I am not re-scrapping 1651 movies again I am so sick of it LOL.

Dan actually wrote a lot of code for the version of EMM you are using. He has his own fork and had posted merge requests to bodrick a long time ago that got merged in. He could just be testing it, or just wants to "release it" himself to get credit. It doesn't really matter. If he does have a better fix for auto scraping (he hasn't posted it to github), then you should be grateful, as nobody else is fixing it so far. If he wants to post his fix, I'll get it out asap, if not, then the 1308 code with the other patches merged is freely available on github, and he can base his fix off of that code and take over releasing.

That said, I rescraped my "meager" 500 movie library from scratch, and although I did have to select which movie it was for many of them, at least 1308 worked.

I am sorry I am just ticked at all the dumb sub titles before the movies name from IMDB and having to re-scrape tons of movies. I am not saying Dan is lying and if he releases a version I will download and test it.

However the fix we have now did fix the double scrapping. I just want to say sorry again and I am grateful for the updated versions.

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2012-12-06

T-2h =)
don't panic, don't stress. It's winter in Switzerland, chill out! I made a new solution that's working perfect (in all tests I have made) for auto and manual scraping.

Cool Dan I can't wait. Anyone heard from Brodrick is he okay?

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - TeKo - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 19:55)DanCooper Wrote: T-2h =)
don't panic, don't stress. It's winter in Switzerland, chill out! I made a new solution that's working perfect (in all tests I have made) for auto and manual scraping.

With great power comes great responsibility!

So when can we expect Ember rewrite from you? Wink

Thanks for your work on Ember, wasnt really using it the last weeks but its still the best media manager.