Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Legion455 - 2013-04-29

Thanks Dan!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-18, 22:42)steve1977 Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 06:07)steve1977 Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 01:42)steve1977 Wrote: First of all, thanks a lot for keeping Ember alive. Great to see continued development!

I have one feature request - would be great to have a function that syncs the "Trakt personal lists" with "movie set". In other words, I would like to change my personal "Trakt lists" into a movie set. Alternatively, sync the "Trakt personal list" with "movie playlist", which may be more difficult for Ember to achieve though.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot for looking into this!!!

Any thoughts on this feature request? This may be in cocotus's interest as I assume he is active on trakt.tv development? Thanks in advance!

I did a bit of intelligence in other threads what the best way is to achieve what I want to achieve (i.e., syncing my trakt.tv lists somehow into XBMC). What I have learnt is the following:

1) Playlist is the way to go, and NOT moviesets

2) What EMM would need to do is to add a "tag" with the name of the trakt-list to each movie that is on a trakt-list (personal lists only)

3) This way, I could then create a playlist within XBMC

So, now back to cocotus and others whether this would be possible to implement. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Any hope to see a feature like above anytime soon? Would be really great and make the integration with trakt much smoother. Thanks!!!

RE: Bug in the <movie>.nfo XML - DanCooper - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 01:47)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 01:08)DanCooper Wrote: First, i can't reproduce your fault. I have made the same steps you have described, but i don't have this problem. I think you have a problem with your Ember database.
Secondly, <set /> iis not an unclosed tag, it's an empty string ( </set> is for closing).
Thirdly, you can try to remove the wrong tags with the tool TextCrawler. You can scan all *.nfo together and remove this tag. Then you have to remove all movies from Ember because the wrong tag is also stored in the Ember database or, for safety first, delete the database (Media.emm).

Sorry, I did get the close tag /set mixed up when I looked at it. I have been staring at the screen too long today Smile

As for not reproducing it, that I strange for sure. I can do it each and every time I rescan a movie. I am using verion 1.3.0.11. I completely removed EMM from my machine a couple days ago, and installed the latest version.

I will have to dig deeper here and see if I can figure out what is causing it.

Thanks for looking in to it. Much appreciated!

The problem is that the wrong tag is already existing in NFO when you read your database in Ember the first time. Ember safe this wrong tag also to his db and save it back to NFO after every scraping process.
You need to cleanup NFO's first and rebuild a new database (delete Media.emm) to solve the problem.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - the111 - 2013-04-29

Will there be an updated YAMJ module/page with the comments a few pages back?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 10:09)the111 Wrote: Will there be an updated YAMJ module/page with the comments a few pages back?

Comes with the next release (today or tomorrow).

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Thales - 2013-04-29

I've spent the evening working on my movie library with the 1.3.0.11 version and for the most part everything has been working great. (Really appreciate all the effort Dan & Co.) The only issue I've run into is I keep getting "Access to the path … xxxxxxx.info is denied" errors when I click OK to close the Edit Movie window. It doesn't happen every single time, but maybe like 80% of the time.

Ember is running from my Windows 7 HTPC and the movie library is on a WHS 2011 server. I don't think it is a general Windows file permission problem because I can freely modify the nfo file in Notepad outside of Ember with no problems and I haven't been messing with any of the ownership or permission settings from my time with the previous versions. But I'm no expert on Windows, so I'm just guessing here.

When I get the error, I can sometimes go back into the Edit Movie window, chose "Manual Edit", and make changes to the .nfo without problems. Sometimes though, Ember crashes and closes the entire program as soon as I tell it to save the manual edits.

The error only seems to happen when I go back to edit a movie already in the library. I never see it when adding new movies.

Here is an example from the log file.
=====================================================
Title: Error
Message: Access to the path 'G:\MAIN\Murder on the Blackboard (1934)\Murder on the Blackboard (1934).nfo' is denied.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at EmberAPI.NFO.SaveMovieToNFO(DBMovie& movieToSave)
Date/Time: 4/28/2013 7:16:01 PM

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - hatbrox - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 10:11)Thales Wrote: I've spent the evening working on my movie library with the 1.3.0.11 version and for the most part everything has been working great. (Really appreciate all the effort Dan & Co.) The only issue I've run into is I keep getting "Access to the path … xxxxxxx.info is denied" errors when I click OK to close the Edit Movie window. It doesn't happen every single time, but maybe like 80% of the time.

Ember is running from my Windows 7 HTPC and the movie library is on a WHS 2011 server. I don't think it is a general Windows file permission problem because I can freely modify the nfo file in Notepad outside of Ember with no problems and I haven't been messing with any of the ownership or permission settings from my time with the previous versions. But I'm no expert on Windows, so I'm just guessing here.

When I get the error, I can sometimes go back into the Edit Movie window, chose "Manual Edit", and make changes to the .nfo without problems. Sometimes though, Ember crashes and closes the entire program as soon as I tell it to save the manual edits.

The error only seems to happen when I go back to edit a movie already in the library. I never see it when adding new movies.

Here is an example from the log file.
=====================================================
Message: Access to the path 'G:\MAIN\Murder on the Blackboard (1934)\Murder on the Blackboard (1934).nfo' is denied.
StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at EmberAPI.NFO.SaveMovieToNFO(DBMovie& movieToSave)
Date/Time: 4/28/2013 7:16:01 PM

I think I had this issue before, try running EMM as an admin.
that admin user should be a designated user on your windows 2011 server with full R/W credentials.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - humpe - 2013-04-29

I’ve only been following the evolution of emm from a distance for the last months. I’m very grateful that it’s moving forward. After picking up the emm and XBMC pace again, I’d like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. Manual rudimentary movie set support

I know about the separate sets manager, but I’m looking for something simpler that would keep my set information in the nfos intact during updates. I currently run emm and then manually enter the set information. My suggestion is to add an input field called "Set" in the "Edit Movie" window between "Original Title" and "Sort Title". The value from the set field would then populate the set element and place it between originaltitle and sorttitle in the nfo file, like this:

Code:
<title>Resident Evil</title>
<originaltitle>Resident Evil</originaltitle>
<set>Resident Evil</set>
<sorttitle>Resident Evil 1</sorttitle>
<year>2002</year>

Having the nfo like that works nice in XBMC. I know TMDB has a set value, but I prefer not having "Collection" in most of my set names and I do not mind having to enter the set value manually. Of course using the TMDB value and having an option to automagically strip a trailing " Collection" would be more than nice. But the rudimentary support is what I’m really looking for, since every time I’d like to update something for a movie in a set, the nfo is overwritten and the set element is lost.

2. Enable Ctrl-a to select all in "Plot Outline" and "Plot" fields.

Occasionally I want to change or remove the entire plot or plot outline values. It would be nicer to have Ctrl-a enabled to select all. Only right clicking and selecting “Select All” works today, AFAIK.

Thanks for keeping emm alive!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - IceNine - 2013-04-29

I recently started to try using EMM 1.3.0.11 and ran into a problem right away. I started fresh, readding my sources and using the 'XBMC Frodo' buttons when setting up the files used for movies and TV shows. Everything else is stock, although I did try customizing my settings to be the same as my currently working 1.3.0.9 install to no effect.On the initial scan I will get one of these messages for every movie I have

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 4/29/2013 4:28:32 PM
===========================================================================================

and EMM doesn't register any of the existing nfo's, posters or fanart. They just show up as empty. The movies still have the correct names instead of the file names, so something is being read properly. I also get the error if I try to rescrape any of the movies. The local files are updated after a rescrape but they still don't register as existing in EMM. Any help will be appreciated.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Thales - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 11:26)hatbrox Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 10:11)Thales Wrote: I've spent the evening working on my movie library with the 1.3.0.11 version and for the most part everything has been working great. The only issue I've run into is I keep getting "Access to the path … xxxxxxx.info is denied" errors when I click OK to close the Edit Movie window.

that admin user should be a designated user on your windows 2011 server with full R/W credentials.

Thanks. I haven't tried running it as an admin yet. I'll double-check the WHS settings and give it a try.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-28, 21:42)hikaricloud Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 21:37)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 19:39)hikaricloud Wrote: Do you mean the bug where it won't create a poster automatically from an episode? If you are, I'm running into that issue now, it refuses to do it automatically or manually from frame extraction...then sometimes it'll create a tbn file with no data and it locks up EMM.

If this is the issue you are talking about, how did you fix it?

maybe, not clear your issue.
I fixed frame extractor, replacement of poster, deletion of poster.

Basically, I update my library with the new episode, but scraping it doesn't generate a poster from a frame. I try to do it manually, but it won't save. If I hit "change episode" and reselect the correct episode, it creates a .tbn file with no data, which crashes EMM when I select the episode.

EDIT: Here's my error log:

Code:
Title: Error: G:\TV\Doctor Who (2005)\Season 7\Doctor Who - S07E10 - Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.tbn
StackTrace:    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 4/28/2013 4:08:25 AM

(2013-04-28, 21:57)Shadok Wrote: I'm having a issue when trying to scrape a new movie (using imdb).
I got to the point when the scraping window ask me to choose a corresponding movie then it closes when i chose one and does nothing more.

Code:
Message: Le paramètre n'est pas valide. (no valid parameter)
StackTrace:    à System.Drawing.Image.get_Height()
   à EmberAPI.ImageUtils.ResizePB(PictureBox& pbResize, PictureBox& pbCache, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth)
Date/Time: 28/04/2013 21:51:59
===========================================================================================

Message: Impossible d'accéder à un objet supprimé. (unable to access to a deleted object)
Nom de l'objet : 'TreeView'.
StackTrace:    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.CreateHandle()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.get_State()
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.get_IsExpanded()
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.Remove(Boolean notify)
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.Clear()
   à System.Windows.Forms.TreeNodeCollection.Clear()
   à EmberScraperModule.dlgTMDBSearchResults.SearchResultsDownloaded(MovieSearchResults M)
Date/Time: 28/04/2013 21:53:33

Message: Le paramètre n'est pas valide. (no valid parameter)
StackTrace: à System.Drawing.Image.get_Height()
à EmberAPI.ImageUtils.ResizePB(PictureBox& pbResize, PictureBox& pbCache, Int32 maxHeight, Int32 maxWidth)
Date/Time: 28/04/2013 21:53:51

Those should be fixed in next version

(2013-04-29, 22:38)IceNine Wrote: I recently started to try using EMM 1.3.0.11 and ran into a problem right away. I started fresh, readding my sources and using the 'XBMC Frodo' buttons when setting up the files used for movies and TV shows. Everything else is stock, although I did try customizing my settings to be the same as my currently working 1.3.0.9 install to no effect.On the initial scan I will get one of these messages for every movie I have

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 4/29/2013 4:28:32 PM

and EMM doesn't register any of the existing nfo's, posters or fanart. They just show up as empty. The movies still have the correct names instead of the file names, so something is being read properly. I also get the error if I try to rescrape any of the movies. The local files are updated after a rescrape but they still don't register as existing in EMM. Any help will be appreciated.

This sounds new. Will check

Can you provide me in PM the structure of your library?
(for example dir *.* > c:\pip.txt the file pip.txt or some screenshots)

(2013-04-29, 11:26)hatbrox Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 10:11)Thales Wrote: StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

This means the user that is running Ember does NOT have the rights to write file & folders... sorry we cannot avoid that Smile

You have to fix the access rights, one option is to execute ember as elevated (admin) as suggestion or, probably safer on a Server to apply the correct access rights for the user.

M

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - henrava - 2013-04-30

Sorry for dumb questions, the thread is very long to find answers.
The version on the first page is abandoned? Github commits are 8 month old.
In this case, which is the more recent (pseudo stable) version?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - AnthonyJS02 - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-30, 18:18)henrava Wrote: Sorry for dumb questions, the thread is very long to find answers.
The version on the first page is abandoned? Github commits are 8 month old.
In this case, which is the more recent (pseudo stable) version?

Look in Dan Cooper Signature

AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-04-30

New release coming soon!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - henrava - 2013-04-30

AnthonyJS02 and Dancooper many thanks. I wait for the upcoming release.