• 244(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-04-18, 21:24)Cocotus Wrote: @ CaptainKen, suprnaut

(2013-04-18, 16:07)Suprnaut Wrote: Cocotus,

The sorting on the new html movie export seems to be working now. The problem I have now is that I can not load the generated html fully. When I load it locally from Windows it loads partially and then stops before loading the thumbnails. If I load it from an Apache webserver running on linux the same thing happens, but even less loads, the navigation on the left and right frames never load. I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

I realize I have a huge collection (over 1200 movies) but everything seemed to work fine before (other than the sorting). My index.htm file is almost 5MB. I assume the issue is a javascript memory issue. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere? Any ideas?
I tpoo have massive problems like CaptainKen-
Yesterday I tried to build the export template and I couldn't get it working - I ran into Out Of memory exception while saving the preview of my 600 movie collection - This has not happened in an older version pre 11 and I have to investigate whats the cause - I might even disable all the preview cause the loading time really is wayyyyyyyy too long - will report any progress!

I had that problem too, when I tried to save the preview to disk it complained about not enough disk space. I figured out that if I first saved the default template to disk then generated the movie export template it would save to disk fine.
(2013-04-18, 06:07)steve1977 Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 01:42)steve1977 Wrote: First of all, thanks a lot for keeping Ember alive. Great to see continued development!

I have one feature request - would be great to have a function that syncs the "Trakt personal lists" with "movie set". In other words, I would like to change my personal "Trakt lists" into a movie set. Alternatively, sync the "Trakt personal list" with "movie playlist", which may be more difficult for Ember to achieve though.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot for looking into this!!!

Any thoughts on this feature request? This may be in cocotus's interest as I assume he is active on trakt.tv development? Thanks in advance!

I did a bit of intelligence in other threads what the best way is to achieve what I want to achieve (i.e., syncing my trakt.tv lists somehow into XBMC). What I have learnt is the following:

1) Playlist is the way to go, and NOT moviesets

2) What EMM would need to do is to add a "tag" with the name of the trakt-list to each movie that is on a trakt-list (personal lists only)

3) This way, I could then create a playlist within XBMC

So, now back to cocotus and others whether this would be possible to implement. Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-04-18, 21:33)Suprnaut Wrote:

(2013-04-18, 16:07)Suprnaut Wrote: Cocotus,

The sorting on the new html movie export seems to be working now. The problem I have now is that I can not load the generated html fully. When I load it locally from Windows it loads partially and then stops before loading the thumbnails. If I load it from an Apache webserver running on linux the same thing happens, but even less loads, the navigation on the left and right frames never load. I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

I realize I have a huge collection (over 1200 movies) but everything seemed to work fine before (other than the sorting). My index.htm file is almost 5MB. I assume the issue is a javascript memory issue. Maybe there is a memory leak somewhere? Any ideas?
Yesterday I tried to build the export template and I couldn't get it working - I ran into Out Of memory exception while saving the preview of my 600 movie collection - This has not happened in an older version pre 11 and I have to investigate whats the cause - I might even disable all the preview cause the loading time really is wayyyyyyyy too long - will report any progress!

I had that problem too, when I tried to save the preview to disk it complained about not enough disk space. I figured out that if I first saved the default template to disk then generated the movie export template it would save to disk fine.

@Suprnaut
Not sure what you mean by first saving the template to disk? It's saved when EMM is installed.

What's interesting is that when the preview completes, everything is in the Temp\Export folder perfectly. I was under the impression that Saving simply moved what was already generated in the temp folder to the desired Save folder destination? However, based on the errors, it must be trying to recreate everything in the Save location?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-04-18, 22:43)CaptainKen Wrote:

@Suprnaut
Not sure what you mean by first saving the template to disk? It's saved when EMM is installed.

What's interesting is that when the preview completes, everything is in the Temp\Export folder perfectly. I was under the impression that Saving simply moved what was already generated in the temp folder to the desired Save folder destination? However, based on the errors, it must be trying to recreate everything in the Save location?

Wow nice find! Indeed the template works perfectly in preview and is generated completely in TEMP Folder - I think I will move the poster/ fanart dimension setting together with new setting "output directory" to Export Movie Template Module settings in Ember, and just generate the template to that directory without showing the windows savedialog to avoid problems
(2013-04-19, 00:32)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 21:33)Suprnaut Wrote: I had that problem too, when I tried to save the preview to disk it complained about not enough disk space. I figured out that if I first saved the default template to disk then generated the movie export template it would save to disk fine.

@Suprnaut

Wow nice find! Indeed the template works perfectly in preview and is generated completely in TEMP Folder - I think I will move the poster/ fanart dimension setting together with new setting "output directory" to Export Movie Template Module settings in Ember, and just generate the template to that directory without showing the windows savedialog to avoid problems

I like that idea. Maybe you could consider making that the Filter field wider as well? And if you're really up to it, a way to save the multiple filter and template combinations that could be accessed via drop down list? Whatever you decide it will be greatly appreciated.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert

@Suprnaut

What I mean is if you go to Tool-->Export Movie List.
Let it compoile its list. By default the template is set to "template" which is just a basic list of movies.
Once it is done compiling click save and choose a location to save the html.
Once saved switch the template to "template Movie Homepage"
Now once that is done it will let you save it, I choose to save it over the html file from "template"
Might I offer a few feature suggestions?

Under filters there is a check box for "Locked." Would it be possible to add one for "Unlocked" as well?

Also would you be willing to add a changelog text file to the rar? It would make it easier to find changes for those that miss a version or two before updating.

Thanks for all your work!
(2013-04-19, 06:36)Riot504 Wrote: Might I offer a few feature suggestions?

Under filters there is a check box for "Locked." Would it be possible to add one for "Unlocked" as well?

Also would you be willing to add a changelog text file to the rar? It would make it easier to find changes for those that miss a version or two before updating.

Thanks for all your work!

I would suggest also "unmarked" and "old" (vs "new").
Or add an option of "not" for each of the existing filters.
I think i fix all existing bugs befor i add new features with new bugs ;-)
Hi all

thanks for the hard work to the devs who are making this progrma one of the best i have used.

Still bugs in extrathumbs it still will not pick up my own extrathumbs folder when doing a new scrape and when i am finished scraping the movie it deletes my extrathumbs folder and i have to redo them again as ember just does not work with extrthumbs for some reason when you scrape a new movie, its a real pain this one.

another question how many actors do you all scrape ? I have mine set to only get actors with pictures but i noticed one movie nearly got 140 pictures of actors and most of them actors are not even that inportant and wanted to know how do you set yours up

thanks
(2013-04-19, 17:57)meridius Wrote: Hi all

thanks for the hard work to the devs who are making this progrma one of the best i have used.

Still bugs in extrathumbs it still will not pick up my own extrathumbs folder when doing a new scrape and when i am finished scraping the movie it deletes my extrathumbs folder and i have to redo them again as ember just does not work with extrthumbs for some reason when you scrape a new movie, its a real pain this one.

another question how many actors do you all scrape ? I have mine set to only get actors with pictures but i noticed one movie nearly got 140 pictures of actors and most of them actors are not even that inportant and wanted to know how do you set yours up

thanks

Deleting the Extrathumbs is not really a bug, but already solved very stupid =)
If you no Extrathumb selecting the fanart window Ember is assumed that you want no Extrathumbs.
I look to see if I can solve that better.
(2013-04-18, 00:32)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi all, thanks for the update! I'm so happy that there is a dedicated team on EMM again!

I've been testing the latest version and here's the good news:

The fixes from Cocotus on mediainfo and codecs is working well.

Here's the bad news:

Image handling seems to have been broken in this update. Here are some the issues I'm seeing (with multiple movies, not just one):

I can no longer view image previews in the Movies section. Double clicking on an image or clicking on the preview button does nothing.

Image size selection seems to be broken. No image allows you to select 'original'. It would be nice to see the actual resolution (1000x1500, 1920x1080) of the images again, the way it was in v10.

I cannot change the images once they are saved. Batch scraping works fine and saves images, but if you try to update the images for a single movie, or do a single movie rescrape, EMM throws exceptions and does not save the image.

Image previews also seems to be broken in TV as well. The difference is you do get an exception and the image previewer tries to come up but is blank. Doing this in Movies gets you nothing at all.

I'm happy to help with testing, as needed.

Dan -

Any thoughts on the image handling issues noted above? Has anyone else seen these issues?

Thanks,
Dave
(2013-04-19, 18:48)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 00:32)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi all, thanks for the update! I'm so happy that there is a dedicated team on EMM again!

I've been testing the latest version and here's the good news:

The fixes from Cocotus on mediainfo and codecs is working well.

Here's the bad news:

Image handling seems to have been broken in this update. Here are some the issues I'm seeing (with multiple movies, not just one):

I can no longer view image previews in the Movies section. Double clicking on an image or clicking on the preview button does nothing.

Image size selection seems to be broken. No image allows you to select 'original'. It would be nice to see the actual resolution (1000x1500, 1920x1080) of the images again, the way it was in v10.

I cannot change the images once they are saved. Batch scraping works fine and saves images, but if you try to update the images for a single movie, or do a single movie rescrape, EMM throws exceptions and does not save the image.

Image previews also seems to be broken in TV as well. The difference is you do get an exception and the image previewer tries to come up but is blank. Doing this in Movies gets you nothing at all.

I'm happy to help with testing, as needed.

Dan -

Any thoughts on the image handling issues noted above? Has anyone else seen these issues?

Thanks,
Dave

Works for me, but only with images from TMDB (Multiple):

I can select size for preview and download.
But there are definitely errors need to be eliminated! Preview in tv shows don't work Angry

I try to fix all as quickly as possible.
Dan - what are your image scraper settings? I am currently seeing issues when using the Native Ember scraper for images, not the TMDB one...
(2013-04-19, 19:07)deh2k7 Wrote: Dan - what are your image scraper settings? I am currently seeing issues when using the Native Ember scraper for images, not the TMDB one...

I use the native scraper only with images from TMDB.
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26