Kodi Community Forum
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) (/showthread.php?tid=116941)

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-11, 16:29)SlrG Wrote: Feature Request:
XBMC seems to expect the runtime of TV Shows in minutes. Ember exports them in seconds. For movies this is configureable. It would be nice to have the same functionality for TV Shows.

Added in next release.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-11

It runs Smile

now I'm fixing some "details" like the image names, etc Smile

Almost there...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - MediaPlayer - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-11, 10:10)Walhalla Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 07:05)MediaPlayer Wrote: Silly assumption here. Can I add a Genre to the Genres.xml file ?
I currently have a folder that contains comic book adaptations (Batman, Ironman, Avengers ...)
I'd like to option the genre if possible. I will assume all it takes is to edit the .xml file and nothing else ?

It should be a simple xml edit, but there is a gui for that Wink

Code:
Edit | Settings | Miscellaneous | Genres Editor

But don't you think a set is better for that?

Code:
Tools | Sets Manager

DOH! Rofl
I have looked at that so many times and never put 2&2 together LOL
Thanks for the lesson!

As for sets. I do that on several sets but I like having the comic to movie files on their own. It also brings up custom art in the genre view just like Action, Drama ...

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-11

The Export Movies Templates 1, 2, 3, and 4 all appear to be the same, so why are there multiples of the same template?

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-05-12

I have requested this before without reply, so making another attempt now to convince one of the developers that this would be an amazing feature.

I would love to see a chance to add "tags" to movies based on trakt-lists. Besides moviesets, this would be an easy way to group movies. For example, I have a "list" on trakt with my favorite movies. If these movies could be tagged, I could easily pull them up in XBMC.

Is my feature request clear and does anyone share my passion for this feature?

Thanks in advance for considering!!!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 04:44)steve1977 Wrote: I have requested this before without reply, so making another attempt now to convince one of the developers that this would be an amazing feature.

I would love to see a chance to add "tags" to movies based on trakt-lists. Besides moviesets, this would be an easy way to group movies. For example, I have a "list" on trakt with my favorite movies. If these movies could be tagged, I could easily pull them up in XBMC.

I like the idea but not sure what field in nfo to use for the "tag" info from trakt.tv. I think a custom Genre like trakt-favorites or something like that should work for XBMC. I will note this and put this on my list, but it might take a while Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - Cocotus - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-11, 21:49)CaptainKen Wrote: The Export Movies Templates 1, 2, 3, and 4 all appear to be the same, so why are there multiples of the same template?
I didn't check those since I never used them. Will take a look later and compare them - besides I would love to see some new templates - you can do so much with some HTML/Javascript knowledge and the list of the available Export Ember variables (will post a list soon)

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bape2609 - 2013-05-12

I just upgraded XBMC to 12.1 from v11. Is there anything I should look out for when scraping movies with Ember from now on? I am in the process of upgrading Ember from v1.3.0.10 to v1.3.0.12. Do I need to do anything differently?

AW: RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 12:10)5aq1b Wrote: I just upgraded XBMC to 12.1 from v11. Is there anything I should look out for when scraping movies with Ember from now on? I am in the process of upgrading Ember from v1.3.0.10 to v1.3.0.12. Do I need to do anything differently?

The best way is to do a new installation, don't copy Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - steve1977 - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 07:58)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 04:44)steve1977 Wrote: I have requested this before without reply, so making another attempt now to convince one of the developers that this would be an amazing feature.

I like the idea but not sure what field in nfo to use for the "tag" info from trakt.tv. I think a custom Genre like trakt-favorites or something like that should work for XBMC. I will note this and put this on my list, but it might take a while Smile

Thanks, this is fantastic. I don't know how to get the info from trakt, but assume that there is a way to query it via API? If this works, it should be rather straight forward to include the tag in the NFO file. See below what I believe how it should work:

<movie>
<tag>Name of the tag</tag>
</movie>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=video%20library%20tags (see under 1.2)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies#Movie_tags (see under 5)

RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - bape2609 - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 12:25)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 12:10)5aq1b Wrote: I just upgraded XBMC to 12.1 from v11. Is there anything I should look out for when scraping movies with Ember from now on? I am in the process of upgrading Ember from v1.3.0.10 to v1.3.0.12. Do I need to do anything differently?

The best way is to do a new installation, don't copy Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml.

thanks, i received a pop up saying I can convert my old DB to work with the latest version of Ember. Is it best to just ignore that?

AW: RE: AW: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - DanCooper - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 13:04)5aq1b Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 12:25)DanCooper Wrote:

thanks, i received a pop up saying I can convert my old DB to work with the latest version of Ember. Is it best to just ignore that?

Yes, you can follow the Tutorial.

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-12

Interesting as we use a lot of RegEx:
http://www.dotnetperls.com/string-split

is the less performing Smile

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - m.savazzi - 2013-05-12

major milestone reached

all data & image scrapers work
Smile

code is available under my trunk

what next
  • fix trailer scraper
  • fix other modules that depend on scrapers
  • fix all language string and help
  • (lower priority) code cleanup removing unused code and variables

I will probably assign it version 1.4 as there are major changes Smile
Cocotus, DanCooper, once I release the final code you'll need to re/apply the changes in version 1.3.0.12 and beyond (sorry my codebase was 1.3.0.11) and do not think is wise to merge them authomatically

Translators: I will clean up all language files as there are several string that have been moved around and I found 1000000000000000000000 duplication and useless strings. Thank you for your patience and help and sorry for any possible duplicated work!

RE: New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread) - CaptainKen - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 08:58)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 21:49)CaptainKen Wrote: The Export Movies Templates 1, 2, 3, and 4 all appear to be the same, so why are there multiples of the same template?
I didn't check those since I never used them. Will take a look later and compare them - besides I would love to see some new templates - you can do so much with some HTML/Javascript knowledge and the list of the available Export Ember variables (will post a list soon)

Great to hear Cocotus, you read between the lines well! LOL