Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - wrxtasy - 2015-11-30

(2015-11-30, 12:31)ArieS Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 12:17)futeko Wrote: With regard to 'not telling the truth', we always post correct specs, to the best of our knowledge.
Exactly.
People should really stop throwing accusations before the box is even released.
Calling futeko liars is really a low blow as they are just reporting what they were told by the makers.
Please understand that the definition of lying is knowingly not telling the truth. Futeko have done no such thing and it is probable they have been given incorrect tech specs or they have changed, and if so its best they get the correct marketing info in place sooner rather than later and that is why their marketing at the moment is dubious.

And for non english speakers the world - dubious = uncertain, unsure, feelings of doubt.

(2015-11-30, 13:18)Koying Wrote: I'm eager to see 3D ISO on AML on OpenElec. That would really be a great first Smile
I agree with Koying, I think be would be great for the AML platform if this eventuates. That little MVC spark Koying lit experimenting with AML a while back now may be taking flame Smile

(2015-11-30, 14:07)hdmkv Wrote: Especially as AML can also do 23.976 right?
23.976 is not 100% perfect on AML, I have been told you may or may not see a video frame glitch once every 80 minutes or so on a 24p capable TV, and for 99% of people that will be good enough. Intel Haswell gear is likely to be closer to the exact figure of 23.976023976fps (24/1.001).
Wesk05 is the man who has such info at hand.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-11-30

(2015-11-30, 11:34)setumismo Wrote: hdmkv, On Android devices that do not support 3D ISO.
If possible install the HiMediaWrapper APK of Himedia to add this functionality? to add this as a second player?

This is what makes the Himedia Q5 / q10, right?

It's just an idea
No, won't work. That wrapper (which just installs a custom playercorefactory.xml to Kodi) is specific to HiMedia M3, Q5 and Q10, and to Q10-rebranded Kdlinks A300. All these basically have the same h/w, very similar firmware and rely on the same external player.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - setumismo - 2015-11-30

thanks for your reply hdmkv! (and thanks for this great post).

My idea was based on seeing the HiMediaWrapper as a software player. I imagine that will not work on other devices it is that it is actually its functionality is due to the hardware of these devices, which are what really plays 3D iSO.

I understood to install MXPlayer or VLC as a mobile, or other moble, that works in all the same, but in some fluid will more or less depending on the power of the mobile.

For what he says it does not work well, and will only work with HiSilicon chipsets.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - BORIStheBLADE - 2015-11-30

On a serious note...

Is there any hardware that would support all this with android? Have we ever tried to crowd source with supervision of the Kodi group a piece of hardware that does all this with Android as an OS and Openelec could be loaded? I would much rather give them my money and Im sure others would. Just seems like no one can get all their advertised features right..

If others are interested we can start a new thread so this doesnt go off topic..

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - opeters - 2015-11-30

An extra column should be added for subtitles support, displayed when playing a 3D ISO or MVC MKV.
The Med8er and Vidon displays subtitles in the correct 3D plane whit 3D ISO. Mede8er does not play subtitles correctly using MVC MKV.
Also the A400 does NOT display subtitles corectly when playing 3D ISO. This i as important as 3D ISO support in general, if subs are displayed in 2D (at the back plane) than it is unwatchable.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-12-01

(2015-11-30, 14:14)wrxtasy Wrote: 23.976 is not 100% perfect on AML, I have been told you may or may not see a video frame glitch once every 80 minutes or so on a 24p capable TV, and for 99% of people that will be good enough. Intel Haswell gear is likely to be closer to the exact figure of 23.976023976fps (24/1.001).
Wesk05 is the man who has such info at hand.
Can live with this as it's better than having only 24.000 support, where you'd notice a dropped frame every 42 seconds.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - halfelite - 2015-12-01

(2015-11-30, 16:42)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: On a serious note...

Is there any hardware that would support all this with android? Have we ever tried to crowd source with supervision of the Kodi group a piece of hardware that does all this with Android as an OS and Openelec could be loaded? I would much rather give them my money and Im sure others would. Just seems like no one can get all their advertised features right..

If others are interested we can start a new thread so this doesnt go off topic..

Unless you build your own hardware. The problem no one can get advertised features is they dont have control of them. Yes the chipset might support MVC but the chip manufacturer never comes out with software that does support it. The reason the rasp pi was such a big hit is the opened up a lot of the source so everyone could work on it. There are no new chipsets that have this type of openness. You could crowd source a box but still run into the same problem.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - Koying - 2015-12-01

I fail to see any plus point whatever crowd-sourced hardware could potentially have vs an rpi2 with android, if android you want...

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - Dave the Minion - 2015-12-01

(2015-12-01, 05:15)halfelite Wrote:

Unless you build your own hardware. The problem no one can get advertised features is they dont have control of them. Yes the chipset might support MVC but the chip manufacturer never comes out with software that does support it. The reason the rasp pi was such a big hit is the opened up a lot of the source so everyone could work on it. There are no new chipsets that have this type of openness. You could crowd source a box but still run into the same problem.

Having messed around with the RPi2 now I have to wonder.... can't a bigger better version be built that will give users even more power? Yes, it will cost more, but considering the Pi is under a hundred bucks already for a complete kit I don't have an issue paying twice, thrice or ever four times as much if I can get a Super Pi that will run as smooth as a HTPC while giving full MVC 3D support and be able to passthrough all HD audio formats.

Is it cores or RAM or both that makes the Pi workable but more like a Volkswagon Beetle on the freeway than a Ferarri?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2015-12-01

Noticed Futeko site mentions that Venz V8 can't decode nor pass TrueHD, only standard Dolby Digital. Seems odd as DTS-HD MA is shown as supported...

Quote:a Super Pi that will run as smooth as a HTPC while giving full MVC 3D support and be able to passthrough all HD audio formats
+1... I'd buy 2 such units in a heartbeat Smile.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - bdreams - 2015-12-01

++1 will support that in a heart beat and trust me I have a lot of option even a I 5 nuc and I must say the pi picture quality really is the best .

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - BORIStheBLADE - 2015-12-01

So all these Android boxes that come out how do they get these boxes? Do they just contact a company and say give us some hardware for x amount to play with? Then they end up with the features they manage to get working?

(2015-12-01, 08:47)Koying Wrote: I fail to see any plus point whatever crowd-sourced hardware could potentially have vs an rpi2 with android, if android you want...

I thought you can't run Android or it's not well supported on Raspberry Pi?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - futeko - 2015-12-01

Regarding Venz V8..

Paraphrasing from here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=429.0

Despite giving us specific assurances about specification for V8, Venztech have backtracked in recent days over HD-Audio capability.

It turns out that Venz V8 will not be able to passthrough/bitstream 7.1 HD-Audio. This is in direct contrast to the claimed specification when we discussed the order with them.

In light of this we have cancelled our order with Venz for V8 TLBB 4K. We will not be stocking the product.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2015-12-01

(2015-12-01, 14:49)Dave the Minion Wrote:

Having messed around with the RPi2 now I have to wonder.... can't a bigger better version be built that will give users even more power? Yes, it will cost more, but considering the Pi is under a hundred bucks already for a complete kit I don't have an issue paying twice, thrice or ever four times as much if I can get a
Quote:Super Pi that will run as smooth as a HTPC while giving full MVC 3D support and be able to passthrough all HD audio formats.

Is it cores or RAM or both that makes the Pi workable but more like a Volkswagon Beetle on the freeway than a Ferarri?

This is what everyone is waiting for...

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2015-12-01

(2015-12-01, 16:43)futeko Wrote: Regarding Venz V8..

Paraphrasing from here: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=429.0

Despite giving us specific assurances about specification for V8, Venztech have backtracked in recent days over HD-Audio capability.

It turns out that Venz V8 will not be able to passthrough/bitstream 7.1 HD-Audio. This is in direct contrast to the claimed specification when we discussed the order with them.

In light of this we have cancelled our order with Venz for V8 TLBB 4K. We will not be stocking the product.

You are a very honest man.Angel