Kodi Community Forum
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=266316)

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - ArieS - 2016-10-08

(2016-10-06, 16:53)weirdinin Wrote: I've been playing around with various drivers and settings but unfortunately I can't get rid off DolbyTrueHD related chapter skip/ff/rw issue. I'm wondering what are my options here and as I see it they are either wait until Intel launches new drivers or mvc build is updated to suit my setup. Or then I go nuts and buy new hardware. Dear community, are there some other options I don't see? What would be your suggestion if I bought new setup? A friend of mine is selling I5-4440. I could get it cheap.
You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - NicCo - 2016-10-08

Hi,
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - robl45 - 2016-10-08

I tried again last night, standard I3 6100 chip using internal graphics. The movies play but they skip ( its like they dropping or repeating a frame or something or getting slightly out of sync.. I don't understand how no one else has this issue.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - weirdinin - 2016-10-09

(2016-10-08, 11:09)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:53)weirdinin Wrote: I've been playing around with various drivers and settings but unfortunately I can't get rid off DolbyTrueHD related chapter skip/ff/rw issue. I'm wondering what are my options here and as I see it they are either wait until Intel launches new drivers or mvc build is updated to suit my setup. Or then I go nuts and buy new hardware. Dear community, are there some other options I don't see? What would be your suggestion if I bought new setup? A friend of mine is selling I5-4440. I could get it cheap.
You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Thank you for reply. I thought it was just me and some others who had this problem. Anyone, correct if rw/ff/chapter skipping is working with your setup. If chapter skip was fixable by buying new hardware, I would have to buy but now that I know problem is there anyway, I can live with it. I'm actually relieved I don't have to buy new hardware Wink
Sometimes chapter skipping is handy (e.g. my visitor Kodi account doesn't have the possibility to continue where a movie was last time left off) but nothing that I must have.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-10-09

(2016-10-08, 12:24)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.
Yes, it's a known issue with HSBS and HTAB. Need to manually switch to 3D mode.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Charger Hellcat - 2016-10-09

Thank you.

Have you set proper headers in your SBS MKVs?

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - NicCo - 2016-10-09

(2016-10-09, 19:17)hdmkv Wrote:
Thank you.
Yes, it's a known issue with HSBS and HTAB. Need to manually switch to 3D mode.
Thank you, do you know if it will be fixed or if it's not possible ?

(2016-10-09, 21:12)Charger Hellcat Wrote:
Thank you.

Have you set proper headers in your SBS MKVs?
Yes, all is OK. Kodi detects correct format but it doesn't switch TV to SBS

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - robl45 - 2016-10-09

how would it physically switch the tv to SBS? Maybe tv's do this, my projectors definately dont.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - NicCo - 2016-10-09

If I use a Rapsberry Pi, the TV auto switch to SBS when I play HSBS, but it doesn't do that with Windows.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - brazen1 - 2016-10-09

You will need 'Smart' capabilities in your display to auto switch 3D modes except MVC.
Windows 10 + Samsung 2015 works perfectly.

I have Windows 10 + Pentium G4500 (HD Graphics 530) + Samsung UE48H6400 (2014 series). MVC works very well but not HSBS. All is working with RPi.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2016-10-09

I thought as long as you named files as such, it should auto-switch even in Windows MVC version?

- Movie Name (2012).3D.TAB.mkv
- Movie Name (2014).3D.SBS.mkv

I can try it but without .3D.SBS in the name, Kodi switch to the right format (it shows Side by side). Do you it could change anything to the TV side ?

That's what I'm saying is that even with my SBS and TAB movies (only have a few) named as above, 3D isn't automatically triggered. But, yes, I can manually force movie into proper 3D mode via 3D settings in OSD menu.

RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - robl45 - 2016-10-09

(2016-10-09, 22:30)hdmkv Wrote: That's what I'm saying is that even with my SBS and TAB movies (only have a few) named as above, 3D isn't automatically triggered. But, yes, I can manually force movie into proper 3D mode via 3D settings in OSD menu.

I've always done sbs and HOU and I always had to switch manually, never a big deal, with full MKV MVC, it auto switches to 3d. IMHO with MKV MVC playable and assuming you can play it, no reason to use HOU or SBS.