Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-28

@tillaz87 Yesterday I tried Aeon MQ7 and it has good support for AEL!

@Doctor Eggs Good work!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-28

@Doctor Eggs I have added a new LisItem property in AEL to differentiate between Categories and Launchers (if you wanna try install release-0.9.8 branch, not master branch!). I also have modified AEL Estuary MOD Debug Matrix view to display all properties set by AEL. Also I created a prototype for a Dynamic view (a view that changes dynamically for Categories, Standalone Launchers, ROM launchers and ROMs) but does not work yet.

Currently there is no way to differentiate between Standalone Launchers and ROM launchers and hence I have not coded the NumItems property. It will required substantial changes in AEL's code. I will do it but will take a while Wink

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Doctor Eggs - 2018-05-28

Awesome. I'll take a look. Thanks.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-29

@Doctor Eggs I had some free time today and coded a new property NumItems. Currently, it only works for standard ROM Launchers, not for virtual launchers (Favourites, Collections, etc.). The reason is that changing the code for the virtual launchers will take much longer than the time I currently I have. I think with the current AEL in release-0.9.8 branch you can already implement your dynamic view. Here a couple of shots from the new Matrix view that demonstrates the new properties. Have a look to Estuary AEL MOD for the infolabels.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - marcoooo - 2018-06-05

hello 

wrong post sorry ......

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Doctor Eggs - 2018-06-06

Release-0.9.8 looks really good. I got the # of Roms working and like it a lot. Thank you.

Is there a way to get launcher properties while inside the screen for the Roms for that launcher? 
Example. I have a Nintendo launcher. I go into that and see all of my Nintendo Roms. I'd like to show the name of the launcher and/or potentially some of the artwork for the launcher like clearLogo.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-06, 15:14)Doctor Eggs Wrote: Release-0.9.8 looks really good. I got the # of Roms working and like it a lot. Thank you.

Is there a way to get launcher properties while inside the screen for the Roms for that launcher? 
Example. I have a Nintendo launcher. I go into that and see all of my Nintendo Roms. I'd like to show the name of the launcher and/or potentially some of the artwork for the launcher like clearLogo.
Screenshot please! Did Silvo agreed to include your view in Nox Silvo? Do you have your view in Github or somewhere else so I can have a try?

Currently there is no way to access the Launcher properties when listing ROMs in a Launcher. However, Kodi allows you to know the number of items in a ListBox (for example, in Estuary in the top left corner you have "Item xx of yy").

I can code the Launcher properties as Window properties if you need them, similar to the Win AEL_Content property in Estuary AEL Mod. I will need to create a new view "Properties" because the Matrix view is so crowded if I add a new property it won't fit. What window properties you need: launcher metadata? launcher artwork? both?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Doctor Eggs - 2018-06-08

I don't know that it's all that more impressive than what you saw in the previous screen shots but here is a look at it. I like the icons for the favorites, collections, etc.

I heard back from Mike Silvo and he said he'll take a look once I get it posted and potentially look to include it but right now he's pretty busy.

I'll get it posted to Github soon. I just need to get some clean up in order and then I'll post a link here and in the Aeon Nox thread.

Not a big deal on the launcher properties. I was looking to put the name/clearlogo under the the item list so you can see which emulator is being launched, but it's not all that necessary.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-06-08

(2018-06-08, 03:22)Doctor Eggs Wrote: I don't know that it's all that more impressive than what you saw in the previous screen shots but here is a look at it. I like the icons for the favorites, collections, etc.

I heard back from Mike Silvo and he said he'll take a look once I get it posted and potentially look to include it but right now he's pretty busy.

I'll get it posted to Github soon. I just need to get some clean up in order and then I'll post a link here and in the Aeon Nox thread.

Not a big deal on the launcher properties. I was looking to put the name/clearlogo under the the item list so you can see which emulator is being launched, but it's not all that necessary.
I have coded the following Launcher properties in ROM lists: Launcher Name, Launcher Icon and Launcher Clearlogo. Also, I have added a new view in Estuary AEL to display the properties.

I did some basic testing when entering an exiting a Standard ROM Launcher but expect bugs (for example, if you enter a virtual launcher and exit the new properties may not reset, etc.)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Doctor Eggs - 2018-06-08

@Wintermute0110 You are AWESOME! Thanks!

I'll look to get something up in Github when I have time this weekend.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - UnluckyForSome - 2018-06-09

Hi Wintermute,

Dying to try this out on the new Aura skin - do you have a link to the 0.9.8 branch? I can't seem to find anything on git! Smile

Many thanks

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-06-09

(2018-06-09, 16:32)UnluckyForSome Wrote: Hi Wintermute,

Dying to try this out on the new Aura skin - do you have a link to the 0.9.8 branch? I can't seem to find anything on git! Smile

Many thanks
You can find Aura by jurialmunkey here.

Also, today I improved Estuary AEL MOD. I added a new view named Dynamic and refurbished ROM Simple and ROM Shots. I'm quite happy with the results. I haven't "officially" announced it because you need AEL 0.9.8 from Github if you want to use the new Dynamic view. However, you can use the new ROM Simple and ROM Shots views with 0.9.7.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - UnluckyForSome - 2018-06-10

Hi Wintermute,

Sorry, I meant where can I find the AEL 0.9.8 on github?

Many thanks!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-06-10

@UnluckyForSome You have the link in the first post. Once in Github, follow the instructions there (scroll down the page).

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - UnluckyForSome - 2018-06-10

Ahhh, Sorry. I did see this but I thought the last edit 3 months ago was too long ago so was an older one. Will download now, thanks! Big Grin