Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - rajones007 - 2019-04-03

(2019-04-02, 11:59)Alanon Wrote: @rajones007 Spotlight is just a simple random movie widget with a fancy name. Smile In turn, most widgets are just Kodi smart playlists with a fancy name. There is no way to change the "rules" for any of the widgets from within the skin, but if you really want, you can still edit them by going through the skin files. I wouldn't recommend it, as you do have several easier options.

First, there is already a dedicated unwatched movies widget among the options you have. So, you can simply click on Customize main menu and set the widget to the unwatched movies option for all the menus where you want it to be shown. If you don't like that, you can also replace the spotlight widget completely at Widgets/Fallback widget. By default, spotlight only appears when no separate widgets are configured for menu items. When you set unwatched movies as the fallback, that will effectively remove spotlight and put that in its place.

As far as QuickNav, you need to add something to it in order for it to show up, it's empty by default. Also, to make it go away, simply delete all the shortcuts in it. When you add some menu entries, it should always be around near the top of the screen. If you're a mouse user, that will be the easiest way of calling it. If you use a remote, the easiest way of getting to it is to press up when you're in the standard options menu. It should be available in about 90% of the screens throughout the skin.
Thank you very much!

I got the Unwatched Widget going. The last time I looked in there I mucked something up and lost the spotlight all together and couldn't get it back. So I was hesitant to go back into that menu. But it's all good now.

Well, the only thing is Unwatched Movies is simply the last 25 movies I added that I haven't watched yet (i.e. typically all 25 of them). I fixed that issue by creating a playlist for random unwatched movies (playcount = 0, order by = random) is all it needs, loaded it as the fallback widget, and ta-da. 

It uses the file name of the playlist on the home screen, and seeing "Random Unwatched Movies" there seemed a little out of place, so I just named the playlist file using 20 or 30 underscores and it looks pretty good on the home screen.

As far as the QuickNav goes, I still have no idea. I put three things in the QuickNAV menu the other day and then I put a bunch more in it tonight after reading your post....still nothing. When I back out of the "Customize Home Menu" screen it does its little "building new menu" thing for a couple seconds so I know it's doing something.

I mostly use Microsoft wireless keyboard or the LG Magic Remote that came with my TV. Both work flawlessly for my Nvidia Shield. 

At the risk of sounding like a complete dufus, I'm not even sure what it is I'm looking for! Is it perhaps something for phone/tablet use only?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-04-03

@rajones007 Yup, custom play-lists are the way to go for proper control of widgets. Regarding QuickNav, my initial intent was to add more shortcuts for mouse users to ease up the navigation process throughout the skin, because it really wasn't designed for use with a mouse. Then, since the menu had potential, I worked out a system to make it appear as intuitively as possible for remote (and hopefully touch) users as well.

Bottom line is, the menu is hidden in various places, but not universally accessible. Homepage springs to mind. With a mouse it is always accessible if you move the cursor all the way up and loiter there for about half a second. If you're not a mouse user, the way you reach it is to call the regular library sub-menu (M should activate it on most keyboards, it does on mine), and then press (arrow) up from there.

If you don't have access to the sub-menu directly, through a remote or keyboard key-press (which is highly unlikely, since the sub-menu is a core Kodi feature), you can still navigate to it using some form of arrow or d-pad. For example, in most vertical, list-based views, pressing right (arrow) will call the sub-menu, and you go up from there. Most other views have some way of going through the motions and getting to the sub-menu manually.

However, this approach means that if you're in a window where the sub-menu is not accessible by default, then you won't be able to navigate to the QuickNav menu, even if it might still be available with a cursor call. It's a compromise, to be sure, but the best one I could work out in an already developed and well-cluttered interface.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - rajones007 - 2019-04-04

(2019-04-03, 16:23)Alanon Wrote: @rajones007 Yup, custom play-lists are the way to go for proper control of widgets. Regarding QuickNav, my initial intent was to add more shortcuts for mouse users to ease up the navigation process throughout the skin, because it really wasn't designed for use with a mouse. Then, since the menu had potential, I worked out a system to make it appear as intuitively as possible for remote (and hopefully touch) users as well.

Bottom line is, the menu is hidden in various places, but not universally accessible. Homepage springs to mind. With a mouse it is always accessible if you move the cursor all the way up and loiter there for about half a second. If you're not a mouse user, the way you reach it is to call the regular library sub-menu (M should activate it on most keyboards, it does on mine), and then press (arrow) up from there.

If you don't have access to the sub-menu directly, through a remote or keyboard key-press (which is highly unlikely, since the sub-menu is a core Kodi feature), you can still navigate to it using some form of arrow or d-pad. For example, in most vertical, list-based views, pressing right (arrow) will call the sub-menu, and you go up from there. Most other views have some way of going through the motions and getting to the sub-menu manually.

However, this approach means that if you're in a window where the sub-menu is not accessible by default, then you won't be able to navigate to the QuickNav menu, even if it might still be available with a cursor call. It's a compromise, to be sure, but the best one I could work out in an already developed and well-cluttered interface.
Thank you very very much. I really don't know what else to say. You've been very helpful and I appreciate how you spelled it out for me.

I got the QuickNAV menu to show up finally, after playing around with it. The only way I can get to it is M and UP key, and it shows up in yellow. I couldn't move anywhere in it for a couple minutes (odd, it was like it was thinking), but eventually it let me move left and right with ease The pointer on my LG Magic Remote does not bring it up, even if I move the pointer to the top of the screen. Same with the touchpad on my Microsoft wireless keyboard. There's only certain screens where it's available though, and the homepage is not one of them.

It doesn't matter though Alanon, I don't want to take up any more of your time. I'm sure you have better things to do. I thought I was missing out on some wonderful feature, but after I toyed with it for a while I come to realize I have my KODI Eminence menus and such set up in an efficient manner and I've grown accustomed to it. So much so that I really don't have any need for QuickNAV. Using just my keyboard and remote I can whip around the menus like a bat out of hell. 

Keep up the good work on this lovely skin. I periodically check out the other skins and they aren't even in the same ballpark as Eminence. Not one.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - cemmec - 2019-04-07

When I type "I" in a TV Series, skin shows me TV Series plot. When I type "I" in an Episode, skin shows me Episode plot, but when I type "I" in a Season, skin shows me TV Series plot not Season plot. I think it happens for all other information, not only plot.

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Karellen - 2019-04-07

Kodi does not scrape or use Episode plot.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - cemmec - 2019-04-09

(2019-04-07, 22:12)Karellen Wrote: Kodi does not scrape or use Episode plot.

I am using NFO files, and I think I should have written overview and not plot, because I can see series and episode overview (or plot), but not season overview.

I'm sorry but English is not my first language and I really don't know the difference between plot and overview...

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - nightshade55 - 2019-04-09

guy i have like a half shadow showing on my wallapers and cant for the life of me figure out how i got it or to remove it ..little help please

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Karellen - 2019-04-09

@cemmec

Same answer. The only available fields for Seasons are Season, being a numerical value, and Name... https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename

There is no other information available for Seasons. It is possible one of the Skin Helper Service add-ons may provide additional info directly to the skin, but @Alanon will need to advise that.

No problems with the language in your post Smile

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-04-09

@cemmec As far as I know, there's no way to delineate separate season plots. I glanced at Skin Helper Service wiki page and there doesn't appear to be any way of doing this.

@nightshade55 Check out Skin Settings -> Background -> Background colour and opacity.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - nightshade55 - 2019-04-10

ok i wanna find and replace the home tile with a custom one where is it located.. thanks .. and btw this is becoming my fav. skin love it  thanks for your hard work

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-04-10

@nightshade55 Go to Includes_Furniture.xml and look for Furniture_TopBar_Tile, Furniture_TopBar_MainLabel, and possibly Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Content and Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Icon. Note that these includes contain conditions and settings for the tiles throughout the whole skin, so to change just the home tile, you'll have to browse through them and only change those particular elements.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-04-11

Hi Alanon
I’ve recently changed from the LibreELEC operating system to CoreELEC as it is more Amlogic orientated, and notice that the CoreELEC menu disappears from the Kodi Main Menu screen when I switch from the Estuary skin to Eminence 2 MOD. 

This did not occur with my previous LibreELEC installation.

I raised this as a bug on the CoreELEC forum, but was advised that the Estuary skin was patched to add CoreELEC shortcuts.

Did you patch Eminence 2 MOD to add LibreELEC shortcuts, and if so, any chance of you doing the same for CoreELEC?
Cheers

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-04-12

@Vitruvius3 If I remember correctly, I added a shortcut to the main settings menu that should launch LibreELEC and OpenELEC settings. I did not skin the settings windows themselves, I simply provided a quicker way of accessing them, so they are really glorified buttons that call on the service add-ons. If that's all you need, then it should be easy to fashion a similar shortcut.

I've never used any of the "ELECs" so I have no idea if the shortcuts are enough or if additional skinning or support are required? Usually, in similar situations, if no window xml files are found among the skin files, add-ons revert to their default templates to retain functionality. In fact, I'd appreciate some info on this.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Vitruvius3 - 2019-04-13

(2019-04-12, 22:13)Alanon Wrote: @Vitruvius3 If I remember correctly, I added a shortcut to the main settings menu that should launch LibreELEC and OpenELEC settings. I did not skin the settings windows themselves, I simply provided a quicker way of accessing them, so they are really glorified buttons that call on the service add-ons. If that's all you need, then it should be easy to fashion a similar shortcut.

I've never used any of the "ELECs" so I have no idea if the shortcuts are enough or if additional skinning or support are required? Usually, in similar situations, if no window xml files are found among the skin files, add-ons revert to their default templates to retain functionality. In fact, I'd appreciate some info on this.
Thanks for the reply.  I would be very grateful if you could try adding a shortcut when time permits so that I could check the result, and if necessary, ask CoreELEC for further advice.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-04-13

(2019-04-13, 12:40)Vitruvius3 Wrote: Thanks for the reply.  I would be very grateful if you could try adding a shortcut when time permits so that I could check the result, and if necessary, ask CoreELEC for further advice.

Do you have the option of pasting files to the skin folder? If so, you can download the relevant file from Git Hub and supplant the one from the skin. When you next launch Kodi, it should show up in the settings menu. I don't believe that CoreELEC changed any of the language strings, so everything should display properly. Hopefully, it will also run properly.

If you can't paste the one file, you should be fine just downloading the latest files as zip. Bear in mind that these loose files contain modifications not yet present in the repo, some untested elements, or some unfinished ideas, so you might encounter unintended errors in cases where I haven't finished fixing a bug or adding new features.