Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - mjeshurun - 2020-12-07

Hello friends,
I'm a new Kodi user, and this skin looks great!
I've been trying to install the original Bingie skin and the Bingie MOD skin, but, unfortunately, I have not been able to use either of them properly.
I've installed Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 4 . I also added both skin's repositories from zip and was able to install both skins and choose either of them as the default skin.
However, after I chose either of the skins, all I can see is a full black screen with no UI elements at all. If I press the arrows, esc and backspace buttons on my keyboard I can hear the UI sounds, but nothing on the screen. 
The only way I can exit this black screen is by long pressing the backspace button, enter skins settings, and change the default skin back to Estuary.
I'm also seeing these two error messages on Kodi startup:
Code:
Skin Helper Service Error
and
Code:
Skin Service Background Error

Is there a known fix for this issue?

Hope someone can help 🙏

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Majin01 - 2020-12-12

@Cartman , hey I’m using Titan bingie mod and I didn’t really like how the up next was set up so I deleted the script up next from xml, and put back the basic but it’s unresponsive sometimes and I think maybe it’s due to the up next being integrated in other places as well that I am not aware of. Would u mind pointing out to me where this is so I could remove it from my build?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Undivide - 2020-12-20

is this not a supported skin for the matrix beta build of kodi (v19) ?
i install the rep from zip but under look & feel no skin subsection is there, only images

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2020-12-20

(2020-12-20, 16:45)Undivide Wrote: is this not a supported skin for the matrix beta build of kodi (v19) ?
i install the rep from zip but under look & feel no skin subsection is there, only images

Sadly this skin hasn't been supported in over a year. However the Bingie Mod is actively being developed and they are working on Kodi 19.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Undivide - 2020-12-20

(2020-12-20, 19:10)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 16:45)Undivide Wrote:  
Sadly this skin hasn't been supported in over a year. However the Bingie Mod is actively being developed and they are working on Kodi 19.

thanks for the info!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - mjeshurun - 2020-12-23

(2020-06-22, 22:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-22, 13:07)dantist Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 14:17)dantist Wrote: I just installed the theme, but after the initial setup I can only see a black screen. I can hear the navigation sounds, but nothing is happening. I have to hold the back button to get into the settings and select another skin. Fresh LibreELEC 9.2.3 on a RPi 3. Any ideas?
*bump* I would really like to use this skin. I saw other users with the same issue but no solution.

@cartman.dos Let me know if you need any more information to find the reason for the black screen.
that happens to me when i mess around in the xml and something goes wrong.
Have you tried a clean install of the skin?

Another thing to check if you can get to the skin settings.
Skin Settings\Homescreen Layout\Menu Options
Focus the home menu when entering home screen turn that on.

See if any of those 2 options help you out

Hi @CK77,
Like @dantist I'm also suffering from the black screen issue on Raspberry Pi. 
I tried deleting the Bingie skin and reinstalling it, but that didn't help solve the black screen issue. 
Then I tried to delete Kodi with all its addons and dependencies and reinstall Kodi fresh, but that also didn't help, because after I reinstalled Bingie I still saw the black screen. 

Then tried to follow @CK77 's second suggestion, to check the skin's Homescreen layout settings and turn ON
Code:
Focus the home menu when entering home screen

But to my surprised these menu lines don't have activation buttons to turn them ON. 
There are actually more skin settings lines with no activation buttons, and if I try to press any of the lines missing an activation button I'm getting an error message saying there is an error with
Code:

To add to that, when Kodi starts, Kodi shows two error messages saying
Code:
and
Code:
Skin Helper Service backgrounds Error

So I'm assuming the black screen problem is related to both Skin Helper Services errors. 
Please see these screenshots for example. In both of the photos you can see some menu items that are missing the activation buttons and the error message shown when pressing the menu item.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

@KXKX were you able to solve your black screen issue?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - darnaga - 2020-12-23

(2020-08-11, 11:54)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 11:15)jaus Wrote: Hi im kind of a beginner when it comes to kodi but i managed to test out a few skins so far and it was fine but with bingie i have some problems if i use addons for streaming rather than using library for content on my hard drive.

1. Ive build my TV Shows menu and it seems everything is fine

but when i click to play it, i get this screen and cant proceed

2. My media is displayed in the home tab but nothing is displayed in the actual tabs that i set the widgets in (TV Shows / Moves). How can i change that? Idealy i would like to have 3-4 tabs tabs to select from that only show the content for the selected tab.

Thanks for your help.
Try out the mod of this skin see if you have the same problem

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355993
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, I tried with the mod but same thing.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the skin but same.

Do I miss something ?

Thanks !

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - darnaga - 2020-12-23

(2020-08-11, 11:15)jaus Wrote: Hi im kind of a beginner when it comes to kodi but i managed to test out a few skins so far and it was fine but with bingie i have some problems if i use addons for streaming rather than using library for content on my hard drive.

2. My media is displayed in the home tab but nothing is displayed in the actual tabs that i set the widgets in (TV Shows / Moves). How can i change that? Idealy i would like to have 3-4 tabs tabs to select from that only show the content for the selected tab.

Thanks for your help.
I forgot the quote.
Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - mjeshurun - 2020-12-23

(2020-12-23, 22:58)darnaga Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 11:54)AchillesPunks Wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Try out the mod of this skin see if you have the same problem

Hello,

Do I miss something ?

Thanks !

I can confirm Bingie MOD also suffers from the black screen issue on Raspberry Pi.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - darnaga - 2020-12-24

(2020-12-23, 23:33)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 22:58)darnaga Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 11:54)AchillesPunks Wrote: Try out the mod of this skin see if you have the same problem

Hello,

Do I miss something ?

Thanks !

I can confirm Bingie MOD also suffers from the black screen issue on Raspberry Pi.

Ok for me it's an Android TV Sony Bravia.
Maybe I should check the xml ? But can you please help me for that ? What should I add or change ?
thanks a lot

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - darnaga - 2020-12-30

(2020-12-24, 14:32)darnaga Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 23:33)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-23, 22:58)darnaga Wrote: Hello,

Do I miss something ?

Thanks !

Ok for me it's an Android TV Sony Bravia.
Maybe I should check the xml ? But can you please help me for that ? What should I add or change ?
thanks a lot
OK I change my Kodi in english and now all is correct. When I use French there is some problem of display.

I have 2 questions :

1 - In the search menu, How can I get results like this : https://youtu.be/L4DF23TONug?t=490
2 - How can I match categories to trakt lists or tmdb lists ?

Thanks a lot

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-01-28

Hi. Can anyone point me to the code that controls the background aspect ratio?
I have a lot of square background images that look bad zoomed in on now playing screen for music.
I've previously used mq7/8 and they have a button to ' keep background aspect ratio '.
These titan skins work so much better with a touch screen over mq7/8
Thanks in advance.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2021-01-28

(2021-01-28, 19:24)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Hi. Can anyone point me to the code that controls the background aspect ratio?
I have a lot of square background images that look bad zoomed in on now playing screen for music.
I've previously used mq7/8 and they have a button to ' keep background aspect ratio '.
These titan skins work so much better with a touch screen over mq7/8
Thanks in advance.
This skin no longer gets updates

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Bungee_G - 2021-02-01

Hello, I have the same issue as @darnaga, I am french so my Kodi is in french and the tv show appear emptyImage

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2021-02-02

(2021-02-01, 17:34)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, I have the same issue as @darnaga, I am french so my Kodi is in french and the tv show appear emptyImage
This skin no longer gets updated.