Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Angelinas - 2019-03-14

(2019-03-14, 00:28)_SLayer_ Wrote: Currently I'm under the impression, that extrafanart handling is indeed somewhat "experimental" in Kodi 18. I experimented with a completely new Kodi installation in a Windows 10 VM and had no luck to display any extrafanart. OK... I only tried it for movies and not for TV-Shows or Music... but if it does not work for movies, why should it work for TV-Shows? But I will try that in the coming days eventually.

I tried the Aeon MQ8 proprietary implementation, i modified the advancedsettings.xml, I tried the TheMovieDB-Scaper, I tried the UniversalMovieScraper, I tried ArtwortBeef... and failed big. Confused Wink

So... currently I have decided to wait and hope that there will be a solution in the future... i really miss my extrafanart slideshows. Sad
Try  this changes..Need to Use ArtworkBeef to have all EF in your library.
https://mega.nz/#!KQR2QQSa!VRGZbxkF4Molsr6AMq4I5yjfRy-KXwPX8kulsUM3pQk

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-14

(2019-03-13, 22:35)Powerhouse Wrote: @Wanilton,

Could you tell me if Music Artwork (as detailed in the Dummies Guide to Extended Arwork and Artists Information folder) is working in Aeon MQ8? I have following the instructions in that thread, and have extra fanart in some test Artist Information folders, but I don't see any of these (lots of fanarts, logos, etc) show up in any of the views in MQ8.

Is there some setting I need to change, or do I need to do something different for these to work?

Also, regarding MovieSet artwork, is there a certain Add-on (MSAA, or ArtworkBeef), or folder structure that needs to pull the MovieSet artwork to be used in MQ8 to display? 

Thanks much for your help with these questions.

Set path to your music folder in the top menu, and active option show arts. I use artist slideshow to get extrafanart in music.

About sets, appear fanart and poster here and a few other images (disc art, clearart), but better wait for Marcos answer.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - angryeye - 2019-03-14

Sorry for the silly question... I want to select the folder witth the fanart for my TV and for my movies so I can set them as the cycling background on each section - but where is my fanart/extrafanart stored?

i have the 'Artwork organizer' program from an earlier install which is supposed to put everything in one folder but if I go and look in my 'TV' folder structure it is not there... i am also looking for hidden folders.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - benrita - 2019-03-14

(2019-03-14, 00:35)Angelinas Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 00:28)_SLayer_ Wrote:  
Thank you Angelinas, my extra fanart is now showing as I want it.
I was about to look at another skin because I couldn't get the extra fanart to show in MQ8
Thank you again

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-14

CD -Ripping

I'd like to rip my CD collection, starting with just a few, so I can add to Kodi and play with this skin, using standard built in fanart options.

Which ripping tool would you recommend I use, which format MP3 etc., with any special settings to collect the data needed for library and fanart?

I would like to use my windows PC to do the ripping.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - rossi29 - 2019-03-14

Hello everyone, sorry I'm with a translator. Is there only one seen in live tv? with the IPTV Simple Client addon.

(2019-03-14, 11:53)rossi29 Wrote: Hello everyone, sorry I'm with a translator. Is there only one seen in live tv? with the IPTV Simple Client addon.

Yes, for now only one.

(2019-03-14, 08:41)Jeffers24 Wrote: CD -Ripping

I'd like to rip my CD collection, starting with just a few, so I can add to Kodi and play with this skin, using standard built in fanart options.

Which ripping tool would you recommend I use, which format MP3 etc., with any special settings to collect the data needed for library and fanart?

I would like to use my windows PC to do the ripping.

I use kodi for rip cds, after musicbrain picard to tags, all extras I use medialech, and after insert item in the library, when playing I use artist slideshow.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Lockzar - 2019-03-14

(2019-03-14, 00:35)Angelinas Wrote:
(2019-03-14, 00:28)_SLayer_ Wrote:  
Oh man, it finally works Big Grin

Extrafans are now cycling, only for TVshows for me, not movies. Because i think Artwork Beef wants me to have a dedicated directory for each movie right ? (thats why it works for TVshows, sub durectory for each TVshows)

For my movies, i have every movie files in the same directory, no sub directories, so when i download extrafans with AB, i get only 4 fanarts in the extrafans directory, replacing/erasing every time a new movie is scanned -_-

It was working fine befrore with the old Artwork Downloader, every extrafans in the same directory. Now with AB we need an extrafans directory for each movie right ? F*** that Big Grin

Or am i doin something wrong with AB and you guys have all ur extrafanarts in one extrafans directory ?

@Lockzar 

Check addon setting in Artwork Beef have one option

SAVE ADDITIONAL MOVIE AND TV SHOW FANART TO EXTRAFANART DIRECTORY INSTEAD

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Lockzar - 2019-03-14

Thats what i did already (in French sry), but seems like it just doent work.

Making an Extrafans directory with always only 4 extrafans cycling everytime a new movie get scanned, and im sure if i make a sub directory for each movie its gonna work.

But its stupid, should work with only one extrafans directory for every extranarts right ...

So you started using Artwork Beef @Wanilton, good to know Big Grin

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - _SLayer_ - 2019-03-14

(2019-03-14, 00:35)Angelinas Wrote: Try  this changes..Need to Use ArtworkBeef to have all EF in your library. 
 Yeah! It works! Smile
Thank you very much.

I hope your changes will be added or somehow integrated in the "official" skin. Cool

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Duimon - 2019-03-14

I have been looking forward to this skin forever. I put upgrading the content on my HTPC off for over a year waiting for it.
Couple of issues which are a deal breaker...

It has been mentioned and not answered that RCB fails to remember the view setting and reverts back to default when you exit and return. Also, Multiplex no longer shows videos.
I also can no longer manually change the boxfront to 3dbox in the RCB config.xml; the change isn't recognized.
Are these weaknesses in RCB or MQ8 or a combination of both?

I would LOVE to upgrade my HTPC software. I am running Jarvis and MQ7. Krypton was unstable in my setup. Leia seems to be more stable but as far as I can tell I will have to put in many hours of work in order to achieve something which does not look or work as good as what I have.

Kodi is awesome but why on earth do upgrades have to break everything?
Sorry. Forgot toa sk about the "\addon_data\skin.aeonmq8\settings.xml"

there is a "<setting id="rcbgames" type="bool">false</setting>"

I cannot change it to TRUE manually. Seems it is regenerated every time Kodi runs.

The reason I ask is that it was said that "GAMES" menu needed RCB and otherwise would do nothing. I am wondering if it is part of my problem above.

@Duimon

Post what operational system are version RCB are using...

Games have native support on Kodi Leia, and have full support in skin. RCB continue fine.

One question more, its one clean install or you are updating based in your previous Kodi Jarvis.

One debug log help understand your issue.

We have members in Brazil using RCB and work ok.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - the_bo - 2019-03-14

@Duimon

You need to stop Kodi before making changes to the settings.xml or it will be overwritten.

@angryeye

Artwork organiser should store the fanarts in the following location

.Kodi/userdata/addon_data/artwork_organiser/

Should be sub folder there for movies and TV shows with fanarts copied over.