Kodi Community Forum
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) (/showthread.php?tid=348245)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Kokonutcreme - 2021-01-26

Running Matrix on Apple TV 4K and installed latest version of skin.

Not sure if it’s just me but I can’t figure out how to navigate to vertical menu bar on home screen.

All the widgets are non-fixed so can’t exit from them.

Only way I can access Settings menu is to open a genre item and then access the menu shortcuts.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - mardukL - 2021-01-26

(2021-01-26, 01:19)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Running Matrix on Apple TV 4K and installed latest version of skin.

Not sure if it’s just me but I can’t figure out how to navigate to vertical menu bar on home screen.

Only way I can access Settings menu is to open a genre item and then access the menu shortcuts.
If widget has focus you can click 'back' or 'menu' key to let the icon bar gain focus.
   - Click menu or right to focus widgets again.

If the Menu icon bar has focus, you can click 'left' or 'back' to let the Menu Panel slide out.
   - Click menu or right to focus widgets again.

If the Menu Panel is slided out and menu items has focus - click left to focus the shutdon items below.

If Profile items are enabled you need to click up from 1st main menu entry.To focus the profiles for switch profiles.

Wink

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Biofx80 - 2021-01-26

HI

Awesome skin !!!

But need manual to navigate into the menu...

i just install it , i have movie genre on up
new movie down
movie sets down
in the left 6 icons 
a search icon
a movie
a tv
the movie db
youtube
favoris.

How can access this part of the screen , favoris for exemple.

And where is the configuration menu ?

i think this skin have awesome capacity well done !

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Biofx80 - 2021-01-26

(2021-01-26, 18:40)Biofx80 Wrote: HI

Awesome skin !!!

new movie down
movie sets down
in the left 6 icons 
a search icon
a movie
a tv
the movie db
youtube
favoris.

ok i find ...back touch in shield.

Another things when i want to see my all movie library. i go to film but i arrive to a screen to select the genre ,horror,comedy....
idem for the tv show

how can i have a menu wich go directly to my movies sort by add ,descendant.

i discover more and more things like a child with with the paquet of this toy lol...

thanks for your help.

Ludovic (France)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - mardukL - 2021-01-26

(2021-01-26, 19:38)Biofx80 Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 18:40)Biofx80 Wrote: HI

Awesome skin !!!

new movie down
movie sets down
in the left 6 icons 
a search icon
a movie
a tv
the movie db
youtube
favoris.

ok i find ...back touch in shield.

Another things when i want to see my all movie library. i go to film but i arrive to a screen to select the genre ,horror,comedy....
idem for the tv show

how can i have a menu wich go directly to my movies sort by add ,descendant.

i discover more and more things like a child with with the paquet of this toy lol...

thanks for your help.

Ludovic (France)

a touch on the icons should do it too (on first load setting is defined as 2nd item)
- else info see post before

for the menu and widgets go to settings->skinsettings
home mainmenu or home widgets, there you can define your stuff directly or afterwards.

rest is experimenting.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Daviddew - 2021-01-27

Hi There

Tried out this skin last night (as I am waiting for Titan Bingie Mod to be matrix ready).

I really like this skin man, you have done a really good job with it. It's very snappy on a Shield Tube TV.

As the matrix version is install via zip files there is no automatic updates. Will this version be added to your repo soon?

Thanks
David

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Daviddew - 2021-01-27

Another item. If I point a widget to TMDB Helper for an example Movie Genre. It loses the nice category pictures you have, it's becomes purely text based.

Are you able to change it to show the nice pictures? Perhaps pulling the text from the addon into them?

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Shinobi_Wan - 2021-01-27

(2021-01-26, 01:19)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Running Matrix on Apple TV 4K and installed latest version of skin.

Same here also. I just downloaded the skin running on Matrix using a Apple TV 4 & the only thing I see is the four menus on the side but I cant navigate to them. When I hit menu, it backs me out to the ATV homescreen.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Kokonutcreme - 2021-01-27

@mardukL

On AppleTV skin widgets automatically have focus, as mentioned above pressing the Menu button on the remote exits the skin and Kodi

It doesn’t exit the widget for the side menu to take focus

I’m assuming behaviour is unique to TV OS

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - mardukL - 2021-01-27

(2021-01-27, 01:52)Daviddew Wrote: Hi There

Tried out this skin last night (as I am waiting for Titan Bingie Mod to be matrix ready).

I really like this skin man, you have done a really good job with it. It's very snappy on a Shield Tube TV.

As the matrix version is install via zip files there is no automatic updates. Will this version be added to your repo soon?

Thanks
David

Not very Soon.
Need some more time for put it in the Repo.
Maybe next Month...

(2021-01-27, 01:55)Daviddew Wrote: Another item. If I point a widget to TMDB Helper for an example Movie Genre. It loses the nice category pictures you have, it's becomes purely text based.

Are you able to change it to show the nice pictures? Perhaps pulling the text from the addon into them?
Unsure if i get you right.
- when define a widget as section a custom image can be used - if not you'll get framed tiles
- if an icon is found is will be show - if tags enabled and icon exsist , the icon fades a bit out in bg

- may that help - https://streamable.com/jmt4c1

(2021-01-27, 02:42)Shinobi_Wan Wrote:

Same here also. I just downloaded the skin running on Matrix using a Apple TV 4 & the only thing I see is the four menus on the side but I cant navigate to them. When I hit menu, it backs me out to the ATV homescreen.

Unsure, if widgets are'nt visible it's related to dont have any Media Scraped.If so i did a workaraound and this should be fixed in next update.
 (means :if no media is set up in kodi , you'll leaded to the Settings Window)

For the Menu Availability via 'Menu' Key - may you need to define your Remote Button (unsure about the matrix state of that addon) - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767

(2021-01-27, 03:36)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @mardukL

On AppleTV skin widgets automatically have focus, as mentioned above pressing the Menu button on the remote exits the skin and Kodi

It doesn’t exit the widget for the side menu to take focus

I’m assuming behaviour is unique to TV OS, but unsure.

Maybe 'menu' key bypassing Kodi action. So chances are high that its related to keymap config.
 - that is a usefull link https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Location_of_keymaps

For the Menu Availability via 'Menu' Key - may you need to define your Remote Button (unsure about the matrix state of that addon) - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767

Andoid and Win10 is currently working as expected on my end when use latest kodi Matrix Build.

I didnt test my Skin much on Matrix.
I develop/work using kodi Leia which is pretty stable.  More 'Kodi Matrix' testing  will be in a later state of devolping.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - Daviddew - 2021-01-28

Thank you, really keen to watch it evolve to being complete. It's far far faster than Titan Bingie Mod and with a bit of colour tweaks to red, it has all the features I actually like. Don't think I will be using any other skin going forward.

And thanks for that video, does exactly as shown, not sure how I missed that setting the first time. Will need to play around a bit more to learn all the feature.

Thanks for an awesome skin!!

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - ontap - 2021-01-29

I must be doing something wrong trying to set up the skin, have added 3 menu items and configured 3 widgets , but I cant get out of the settings screen ?
Tried setting home layout  as - spotlight , widgets only and Menu Tiles , but pressing back I cant get out of settings screen ?
EDIT :
Been on hours , tried updating the skin from Repo  ( Leia version ), as soon as it opens the settings screen , I can configure whatever I want but I cant exit the settings screen. Can't get to the home page, can't bring up shutdown menu , I have to force close kodi.
Uninstalled kodi and tried installing the skin itself from github , not from repo , no different , as soon as the settings screen opens , thats it am stuck ?
EDIT :
Only way I can get to see and access left hand menu icons, is to , in settings screen , go to addons, video addons, embuary info and open that addon. Then I can see the left and icons, but if I press left to open the side panel and the select "HOME" it takes me back to the settings screen ?
Seems like I somehow have the settings menu set as the home screen ?

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - mardukL - 2021-01-29

(2021-01-29, 00:10)ontap Wrote: I must be doing something wrong trying to set up the skin, have added 3 menu items and configured 3 widgets , but I cant get out of the settings screen ?
Tried setting home layout  as - spotlight , widgets only and Menu Tiles , but pressing back I cant get out of settings screen ?
EDIT :
Been on hours , tried updating the skin from Repo  ( Leia version ), as soon as it opens the settings screen , I can configure whatever I want but I cant exit the settings screen. Can't get to the home page, can't bring up shutdown menu , I have to force close kodi.
Uninstalled kodi and tried installing the skin itself from github , not from repo , no different , as soon as the settings screen opens , thats it am stuck ?
EDIT :
Only way I can get to see and access left hand menu icons, is to , in settings screen , go to addons, video addons, embuary info and open that addon. Then I can see the left and icons, but if I press left to open the side panel and the select "HOME" it takes me back to the settings screen ?

seems you got no media (videos or music) scraped.
an hour back i pushed a possible fix on git.

you can also try yourself by editing home.xml and delete this line

xml:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(initial_startup_done) + ![Library.HasContent(Music) + Library.HasContent(Video)]">ReplaceWindow(settings)</onload>

Note: whatever happens by using that skin there is
no need for re install kodi ;-)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - ontap - 2021-01-29

(2021-01-29, 13:17)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 00:10)ontap Wrote: I must be doing something wrong trying to set up the skin, have added 3 menu items and configured 3 widgets , but I cant get out of the settings screen ?
EDIT :
EDIT :

seems you got no media (videos or music) scraped.
an hour back i pushed a possible fix on git.

you can also try yourself by editing home.xml and delete this line

xml:
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(initial_startup_done) + ![Library.HasContent(Music) + Library.HasContent(Video)]">ReplaceWindow(settings)</onload>

Note: whatever happens by using that skin there is
no need for re install kodi ;-)
Hi, thanks, , actually I did have one of my movie folders added to the library , but its irrelevant because removing that link fixed it , thanks again.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated Jan-2021) - mardukL - 2021-01-29

pushed updade with some fixes and improvements.

LEIA (upadte via repo) or Download and Install from zip LEIA LINK

MATRIX install from zip MATRIX LINK