Silverstone LC19 experiences?
Myth Wrote:Gonna do some research towards getting the A8 working on OpenElec first then. I'm guessing the OpenElec team is working on this? Is the A8 is currently the best all-rounder. So if it doesn't work yet it won't be that long before it does?
amd a8-3850 is the best all-in-one cpu+igpu on the market to date.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Having the hardest time deciding on a case. I really really love the very slim Silverstone LC19. But i dislike it has no IR receiver, no plate to hide the optical drive hole in case you don't need one.

Also, in case I don't get OpenElec running, how about the regular XBMC Live?

EDIT: As for CPU cooling, i'll probably need to replace the stock cooler with one of silverstone's low profile coolers. The only AMD socket i can find though is for a AM2. Is this the same as FM1? And will it cool enough?
EDIT2: Thinking about using a A8 3800 (65Watt TDP) and a Scythe Kozuti cooler. Though the cooler is 4Omm tall and on the silverstone says the max height can only be 37mm.
I'm running a XBMC client that is in the LC19 case. It's a XBMCLive install using a Zotac IONITX MB and a cheap SSD.

The challenge with this case is the limited height. I moved the case fan from the back over to the right side (there's a place for it) next to the CPU heatsink. This is the only fan in the case. I then used some heavy paper stock (cardboard) and fashioned some air channels so that the fan (blowing out) sucked air directly from the CPU HS.

It runs really cool and plays 1080P flawlessly.

Make sure whatever MB you select is low enough profile to fit. Even the Zotac won't fit unless you remove/don't install the CPU fan (sits on top).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silverstone LC19 experiences?0