Bug Poss bug - wrong skin loads when Kodi started from loginscreen window
OK I deleted my original post. Thanks to Wanilton I was able to make profiles work again in Kodi 17. The fix he provided was to add the line:

Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onload>

into startup.xml. Why is this needed?

scott s.
it's not 'needed' but allows users to specify a startup window in kodi settings.

if your skins would simply ActivateWindow(Home) in startup.xml, the user configured startup window will be ignored.

likely not the answer you're looking for, but the best i can make of it since you've deleted the original question :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm.. maybe it is a side effect.

What was seen in a couple of skins / mods was this:

1. Have profiles set up.

2. Have Kodi set to load loginscreen at startup.

3. Have suspect skin set as skin for masterprofile and one of the other profiles.

4. When starting Kodi, the masterprofile skin is loaded and loginsreen displayed properly.

5. When a secondary profile is selected, the profile loads with the assigned skin, but none of the skin's language resources load so label text is empty. (at least, that is what it appears to be) Selecting a font in the Kodi interface settings after the profile is loaded corrects this (for that session).

Alternatively when Estuary is set as the masterprofile skin and the sequence repeated

1. Again the loginscreen is displayed properly.

2. When a secondary profile is selected, the suspect skins are marked by Kodi as disabled and Estuary loads, regardless of Kodi interface skin setting. The skins can be enabled in add-on manager and then switched to.

scott s.
The reason they are disabled is because each profile has its own addon settings. This is so you can disable adult addons in a kids profile (for example).

Regarding no skin labels loading. I've noticed this also. I'm not quite sure why it happens, but a ReloadSkin() will restore the labels.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-05, 09:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: Regarding no skin labels loading. I've noticed this also. I'm not quite sure why it happens, but a ReloadSkin() will restore the labels.

I have recently been seeing this issue as well. So far I have only seen it crop up once profiles are enabled.
Me too, several reports on my skin thread about the missing labels in a secondary profile. It seems that the font is not set in that case, it's just empty somehow. Re-applying the font brings back the labels but doing so every startup feels a bit strange
(2017-03-11, 21:52)marcelveldt Wrote: Me too, several reports on my skin thread about the missing labels in a secondary profile. It seems that the font is not set in that case, it's just empty somehow. Re-applying the font brings back the labels but doing so every startup feels a bit strange

From what I've seen, the symptom is that localized strings from the skin's language resource are not rendered.

A fix for me is to add:
Code:
<onload>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onload>
in startup.xml

No idea why this seems to work but try it.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poss bug - wrong skin loads when Kodi started from loginscreen window0