[LIVE] Dharma Live test results
Quote:I can still SSH into the box, but I'm not sure where to look to determine what's going on. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a bug in xbmc it self. You need to activate debug log and post at pastebin.com. To get best attention you should probably also post the log and error in a new thread.
Anyone else having problems with virtual terminals not showing up at all? All i'm greeted with is a black screen. This is happens both when booting from the cd and hdd.

Asrock ION > HDMI > amp > HDMI > tv

I think i've had this issue once before with some version, can't remember what i did that time to fix it.

I added vga=773 to the grub options and consoles showed up fine, but it breaks the whole boot experience (text-based splash, nforce smbus errors etc.)

GRUB_GFXMODE is set to 1920x1080, i guess i'll try lowering the resolution first..
Now this is plain weird, if i hold down shift and go editing the grub line, but keep everything untouched and continue booting by pressing ctrl+x consoles work fine Eek

I changed the gfxmode to 1280x720x32 cause vbeinfo told that this is the highest supported resolution. And plymouth resolution/aspect ratio and console resolution look fine.

Still the tv seems to be struggling with the console resolution if i let it boot straight into XBMC Image
pumkinut Wrote:Okay, I was able to fix my grub issues by editing grub.cfg directly, but I've got another problem now. When I'm in the file view, if I try navigating down to any subdirectories, everything just hangs, and I get the "working" animation that doesn't go away.

I can still SSH into the box, but I'm not sure where to look to determine what's going on. Any suggestions?

Same here.. :S
neogeo123 Wrote:Same here.. :S
For some reason I had to remove and re-add all of my sources. I'm fine now.
For what it's worth, I thought I would post my findings up here in the hope that they may assist others not so familiar with Linux, like myself (although I'm happy with line commands in a terminal and sftp into the box, etc). My existing version was XBMC Live 9.04 on a Revo 3610 which was working well after some tweaking when originally built last year. Not wanting to screw up this version, I thought I'd try and load Dharma to a flash drive and boot from there.

That's where my problems began. I tried to create this from the Dharma .iso cd to a flash drive running on an old laptop running XP Pro, and then boot it on the Revo, with little success due to numerous grub errors, despite trying several of the documented fixes.

Finally booted XBMC from the CD on the Revo, and used the Boot Disk Wizard under Programs to create a bootable disk on an 8gb SD Card. Awesome!! Works a treat. Maybe it's just my lack of knowledge here, but I found it simplest if you create the bootable disk from the machine you actually intend to use it on?!

Now, I also tried to do this to a USB Portable Disk, but the Boot Disk Wizard cannot see the device, despite the Pop Up in the bottom right corner displaying 'Mounted portable harddrive'. I formatted the disk as NTFS, FAT32 and EXT4 and tried each time but the BDW still displays 'Cannot find any suitable removable disks'.

Other than the Resume from Suspend issue, which has already been reported on this thread with a solution, the interface itself is just great, slicker and more intuitive than 9.04, and I haven't experienced any video or sound playback issues except on some Youtube videos, via the add-on, which appeared to run very slowly with no sound. I'm sure there's a solution to this out there already, but I haven't got around to searching and fixing just yet.

Also, for those in the UK (or with a UK proxy), BBC iPlayer HD streaming via the plugin works a treat!

I can provide more details of any of the above, if anyone would find useful....

I'm happy with my set up now, so look forward to the offical release!
au41011 Wrote:Also, for those in the UK (or with a UK proxy), BBC iPlayer HD streaming via the plugin works a treat!
Is BBC iPlayer working again on XBMC now? I didn't know that; shall try in the evening. Cheers!!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Quote:Finally booted XBMC from the CD on the Revo, and used the Boot Disk Wizard under Programs to create a bootable disk on an 8gb SD Card. Awesome!! Works a treat. Maybe it's just my lack of knowledge here, but I found it simplest if you create the bootable disk from the machine you actually intend to use it on?!
What kind of optical drive did you use on the Revo? Was it a USB drive? I've tried using a USB drive to boot the LiveCD, but it seems like GRUB isn't loading the USB kernel modules, so I get a filesystem error whenever I try it.
Using Unetbootin to write the LiveCD .iso to a USB flash thumbdrive and make it bootable works very nicely.

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
BBC iPlayer is working, but only under a Dharma install. See here:-

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/

So much more stable than the previous version in playback and BBC HD is great!

I'm using a Freecom external USB DVD/CD Drive. The Revo recognises it in the Bios, and I just change the boot order to boot from this optical drive first. Works without any issues.

As I mentioned previously, once in XBMC Live, the Boot Disk Wizard doesn't recognise my USB portable hard drive (Seagate), although I can see it fine in a terminal. I also tried to create an install to this disk from the .iso 'Install XBMC' option in the grub menu, but this was not successful either. Maybe related to your issue?
Quote:Now, I also tried to do this to a USB Portable Disk, but the Boot Disk Wizard cannot see the device, despite the Pop Up in the bottom right corner displaying 'Mounted portable harddrive'. I formatted the disk as NTFS, FAT32 and EXT4 and tried each time but the BDW still displays 'Cannot find any suitable removable disks'.
This you need to post in the boot disk wizard sticky.
kurai Wrote:Using Unetbootin to write the LiveCD .iso to a USB flash thumbdrive and make it bootable works very nicely.

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
Yeah, I've gone that route, I was just wondering whether au41011 was using a USB ODD or not. Unetbootin is okay in a pinch but being able to run everything from the CD is better in some circumstances.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma Live test results0