Nvidia Drivers for ION2 Chipset
Yeah yeah i understand, i know how to check them now, and i have installed the latest, all ok, what i was asking was how does that allow me to install the package that I downloaded onto my desktop?.

Thats what i meant, and i am gratefull for all your help, no go get some sleep, you wont find me reading for 2 years, youl never get that time back dude Smile, i probally still would not understand anyway.

So to recap, i now know how to check and update the drivers, but not to install from a downloaded package that u have sitting on your machine, if u get me.

Nighty......

PS New drivers are a definate improvement, had an issue with a black flash at the bottom of the screen every now and then, GONE, so im chuffed..
I did everything in your instruction, but it just says, that it´s already the lastest Version );

If I do a sudo apt-get upgrade it gives me serval 404 errors about your PPA outBlush
Im using Ubuntu 11.04, and Version 240.41.06-0ubuntu1
What can I do?
PS: Wanna playback 1080Files in YoutubeSad
Xiider, if you want the latest official release of the Nvidia drivers the go to the terminal and type these commands one at a time:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo reboot

That should get you the latest drivers.

Jerry
X3lectric, thanks for the help.

I think I got some 404 errors too when I follow your instructions, are these Warnings ok?

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-iquik/nvid...Sources.gz 404 Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-iquik/nvid...ackages.gz 404 Not Found

also my 10.1 live don't have aptitude installed, I end up just using cat to check my version.
cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version

I did jaweilljr steps and it seems to do the trick.
SHOW DRIVER VERSION:
aptitude show nvidia-current

TO UPGRADE

sudo aptitude install python-software-properties pkg-config -y
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1 libvdpau-dev

or

sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1 libvdpau-dev
sudo reboot

This works for me thanks to X3lectric, all i did was change the PPA
Xiider Wrote:I did everything in your instruction, but it just says, that it´s already the lastest Version );

If I do a sudo apt-get upgrade it gives me serval 404 errors about your PPA outBlush
Im using Ubuntu 11.04, and Version 240.41.06-0ubuntu1
What can I do?
PS: Wanna playback 1080Files in YoutubeSad

my ppa doesnt build drivers for your OS version yest, even if it did it has zero to do with you tube, you neeed a you tube addon or if you use full desktop with web browser you need flash installed.

Also, I build my drivres on a stagng ppa ( then when they built they copied to permanent ppa)
you wont get any newer libvdpau1 or libvdpau-dev from X-swat ppa because they don't build it.
libvdpau1 or libvdpau-dev, and that is?

lol, linux is just balls
Linux is balls? Your a funny guy, NOT

VDPAU would you care to use google is what Linux uses in Nvidia cards for ACCELERATE YOUR HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO using your VIDEO card. Same principle as in Microshit Windows using DxVA2.

\\EDIT Next time GOOGLE.
No i know what it is as you told me in another thread, what i really meant was why does it not update with the drivers?, i asume there is another command to check that, and another to download, depending on what source you use, time of day, what colour cacks you have on, you get my drift....

LOL...
its hardly a lol issue, it is what it is, I given you the commands to run and install whatver is needed above and beyond, Im not gonna waste time trying to explain to you why sky is blue, if your color blind.

you chose x-swat ppa now either change and use mine as I explained or stay as is.
I think your rather rude, but thats what you get from forum huggers, if you dont want to help then just dont reply, simple, we dont all spend every second of our lives on these places reading about every little thing. I assure you i could loose you in some of the things i do, but im not so pig headed as to rub your nose in it like a spoilt child.

No wonder the other guy give up, im actually chatting to somebody on another forum about a few things and he is rather helpfull to us less enlightend members, just depends where you go i guess.
now thats a huge LOL... bye. I wont loose any sleep over your thoughts of my help given in good faith. Perhaps its my fault your a waste of effort.

\\ Good luck, I would tip (money) to that guy to help him with his psychological recovery.

cheers and thank you for all your kind words
Fine f off then, just stop posting crap on my links that dont help, and about what u think, i dont give a rats ass about your opinion, stick it mate.

If your not gonna help then dont speak, like i said in another thread, im fed up od hearing you boast about how good you are, what you know and your pathetic opinion on others, VANISH!.

CRETIN!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Drivers for ION2 Chipset0