Nvidia Drivers for ION2 Chipset
Hi all,

How do we find what version drivers we are using?, i have default 10.1 Live install on a Revo 3700

I hear some new drivers are out that fix some issues with this machine, not that i have seen any yet.

How would i go about updating them, i can ssh into the machine and issue commands fine, just not sure about all this repository and versions and correct way of doing things.
see my ppa for it, its clearly linked on my signature.

They are the absolute latest stable nvidia-current 275.09.07, the 275.09.07 nvidia-settings also have "newest" VDPAU 0.4.1 (you dont need nvidia modaliases in xbmcLive.)

to find out what drivers your using you can do on terminal
Code:
aptitude show nvidia-current
to add ppa and upgrade drivers you do on terminal
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config -y
sudo add-apt-repository [b]ppa:team-iquik/nvidia-vpau
apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1 libvdpau-dev[/b]

or

[b]sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1 libvdpau-dev[/b]
That should suffice Wink

cheers.
Quote:They are the absolute latest stable nvidia-current 275.09.07, the 275.09.07 nvidia-settings also have "newest" VDPAU 0.4.1 (you dont need nvidia modaliases in xbmcLive.)

BTW 275.19 is now the current official release. I just updated using the x-swat PPA

Also please fix your typos.

Jerry
My system updated to 275.19 yesterday as well.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Ok just updated but it installed 275.09 and not 275.19 ? how do i find out the PPA to type?, i know you can also install this manuall if you have the package, but not got that far yet.

Will this update to the latest XBMC and Latest Video drivers?

sudo apt-get remove xbmc-live
sudo nvidia-installer --update -a -s -f
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc-live
sudo reboot

Read it somewhere but may be out of date.
I just need to copy the newer drivers from build test ppa to the ppa posted, as soon as its done you can upgrade with steps above...

no biggie roden there'ss is no major changes in between the new one and the one you just had.

@ jawilljr

What typos? is this a crucial thing?
Oh ok, im not sure on all this ppa stuff, isnt there just a source that has the latest that i can just enter every time i want to upgrade or does it not work that way?

I have also downloaded the package manually, would it be easier to manually install in the future?

PS the laptop is in the garden lol, the revo is 1000 times better.
Quote:sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdapu1 libvdpau-dev

Above is one... it is no biggie... except for newbies.

Jerry
jawilljr Wrote:Above is one... it is no biggie... except for newbies.

Jerry

Thats still the older ones, and i get some error at the end, remember i know more about flying a space shuttle than doing this. Smile
My system was actually running pretty perfect on live 10.1, but i just a sucker for having everything up to date, maybe not a good thing ?
roden Wrote:Thats still the older ones, and i get some error at the end, remember i know more about flying a space shuttle than doing this. Smile
My system was actually running pretty perfect on live 10.1, but i just a sucker for having everything up to date, maybe not a good thing ?

old ones?

Jerry

corrected cheers, after I had zero sleep for last near two days eh...
roden Wrote:Thats still the older ones, and i get some error at the end, remember i know more about flying a space shuttle than doing this. Smile

old ones?

Jerry

corrected cheers, after I had zero sleep for last near two days eh...
I meant it was downloading the slightly older drivers thats all.
So if i have obtained the .run package myself, how would one go about installing them yourself?

all this PPA stuff does my swede, how on earth do you know what to type and where to find it lol
roden Wrote:I meant it was downloading the slightly older drivers thats all.
So if i have obtained the .run package myself, how would one go about installing them yourself?

all this PPA stuff does my swede, how on earth do you know what to type and where to find it lol

er durh look at post #2 on here
X3lectric Wrote:er durh look at post #2 on here

I have completely no idea what you are talking about, you forget all this stuff means f all to me, but you keep assuming when you type somthing i understand.

i have no idea how post 2 answers my question?, did you get what i meant? Wink

Ok just updated to latest by adding ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates as the source, still does not answer my original question
roden Wrote:Hi all,

How do we find what version drivers we are using?, i have default 10.1 Live install on a Revo 3700

I hear some new drivers are out that fix some issues with this machine, not that i have seen any yet.

How would i go about updating them, i can ssh into the machine and issue commands fine, just not sure about all this repository and versions and correct way of doing things.

Q1) How do we find what version drivers we are using?, i have default 10.1 Live install on a Revo 3700

A) on terminal TYPE
Code:
aptitude show nvidia-current
that willl show you what version drivers you have

Q2) How would i go about updating them, i can ssh into the machine and issue commands fine, just not sure about all this repository and versions and correct way of doing things.

A)That has already been answered. HERE I gave you step by step instructions, if that isnt enough, Im sorry.

if you have trouble understanding put yourself in my shoes, I had to read for months solid and google. For over 2 years.

sorry if that doesnt answer all your questions, I been up since friday 3AM so im off now.

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Drivers for ION2 Chipset0