How to hide empty folders?
I am running XBMC on ATV2.

In my video folder I have a lot of subfolders for TV shows. Many are empty a lot of the time except for a folder.jpg.

I also have a WDTV and it ignores all the folders that do not contain a video file type. Is there a way to make XBMC ignore the folders that don't contain a video file?

Thanks for any help.
You can drop them from the library. Check the advanced settings page in the wiki.

You can't drop them from the files listing, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I guess I should propose that as a suggested feature then.

Then how do most people do this? Clearly I've got my folder structure different than most. Everyone can't be weeding through empty folders on a daily basis.
They use the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

they don't have empty folders...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-08-26, 06:57)jmarshall Wrote: They use the library.

I'm using the library, if I read between the lines am I to believe the library will not hide empty folders either? There is currently no way to only see folders with video content within?
(2012-08-26, 11:31)Memphiz Wrote: they don't have empty folders...

Sickbeard will not function properly or handle post processing if the destination folder is not present.
Make a text file called advancedsettings.xml and place it in the userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-08-28, 03:02)Ned Scott Wrote: Make a text file called advancedsettings.xml and place it in the userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <videolibrary>
          <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>  <!-- hide empty series in the video library -->
     </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

AWESOME!! Worked like a charm.

Thanks very much for taking the time to post. Makes XBMC soooooo much more useable for us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide empty folders?0