Android Android Network Issues
Right, this is probably going to be a long winded post but I'll try and make it as simple as possible to avoid confusion. Firstly some prior information that will help your understanding:

I own two Android boxes, one is located in room 1 and the second in room 2.
My router is located in room 3.
In both room 1 and 2 I obviously have a TV to plug the box into. I will refer to these as TV 1 in room 1 and TV 2 in room 2.
Neither boxes are working via Ethernet for whatever reason and display a connection failed message after a few minutes attempting to connect.

I bought an android box to use with Kodi. I used it in room 2 with TV 2 and it worked perfectly. I am getting speeds of around 30mb so streaming isn't an issue. Because of this I wanted another to use on TV 1 in room 1. After receiving this and testing streams I found it doesn't work as well, after doing an Internet connection test I found out I'm getting speeds anywhere between 0.35mb and 3mb (on a good day). Bare in mind room 1 is located closer to my routed than room 2. All other devices work fine in that room e.g. iPhones, iPads and laptops. I thought there was an issue with the box but after testing it in room 2 I found that it was receiving the same speeds. I returned it to room 1 where I moved it round, switched off other devices to make sure there was no interference. This did not help. I then decided to move the TV from room 2 and the android box from room 1 into room 3 next to the router. This worked fine and I was getting good speeds and streaming was not an issue. Because of this I bought a long HDMI cable to run from the android box in room 3 to the TV in room 1 to use when streaming only (the cable wasn't convenient but it was all that I could think of). At this point the android box is next to the routed but plugged into the TV in room 1. Once again my speeds are shocking.

I feel like I have eliminated all possible issues with the box itself, network issues and interference but have not found a solution to this!

It has been driving me insane and I just don't know what to try next. If anyone has some ideas then any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Network Issues0